Country
Australia
Stop using NSP
Several parts in this log look wrong

Code:
    Code Region 00:
        Address:                 000000020a1a2000-000000020a9dd000
        Name:                    nro
        Build Id:                D5BD538F2998488F7B9F01648629AE3CF66A38DE000000000000000000000000
It should never have this addr space

I'm basically using forwarders for every N64 rom/game i'm using.
I tried to use Retroarch through HBL instead and now i just get the Atmosphere Crash screen everytime.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried to use Retroarch through HBL instead and now i just get the Atmosphere Crash screen everytime.
Yea don't do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You basically do a bunch of stuff we told ya not to do.
Follow the official install guide.

Try changing the setting *before* starting a game. New GLideN64 has problems with GL context re-init, video threaded reinitialized the context so it could be coming from there.
Also your NSP's have wrong flags. So don't use them.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yea don't do that.
Yea don't do that.

You basically do a bunch of stuff we told ya not to do.
Follow the official install guide.

Try changing the setting *before* starting a game. New GLideN64 has problems with GL context re-init, video threaded reinitialized the context so it could be coming from there.
Also your NSP's have wrong flags. So don't use them.

is the official install guide the one on Page 1 for Mupen64Plus-Next or is that out of date now?
Everything is working again now! although how would i go about fixing the flags in my NSP files?
or is it not worth doing and just going through HBL>Retroarch instead?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is the official install guide the one on Page 1 for Mupen64Plus-Next or is that out of date now?
Everything is working again now! although how would i go about fixing the flags in my NSP files?
or is it not worth doing and just going through HBL>Retroarch instead?
https://docs.libretro.com/guides/install-libnx/
We don't officially support the use of NSP, so I don't advice to use it to begin with.
You'd need to check which flags in the json are missmatching fron hbloader.
Re-Init problem also only seem to appear on switch, not on PC.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
https://docs.libretro.com/guides/install-libnx/
We don't officially support the use of NSP, so I don't advice to use it to begin with.
You'd need to check which flags in the json are missmatching fron hbloader.
Re-Init problem also only seem to appear on switch, not on PC.

Oh okay, no worries at all.
Thanks again for the help man, I really appreciate it.

Eosos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this done? Is this with Dolphin?

Also on page 1 of this thread are recommended settings. Find the cfg file on your SD and copy and paste those settings using a text editor.
Hmm for some reason I haven't been able to find the cfg file on the SD. I'll keep looking, but do you know the folder it'd be in?

D

Deleted User

Hmm for some reason I haven't been able to find the cfg file on the SD. I'll keep looking, but do you know the folder it'd be in?

id just change under options per game but he means in your retroarch.cfg for mupen plus next core keyword search mupen

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only got 1 game to be recognized by a core. All the other games don't get recognized by their specific core... Why?

Panikk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do someone has settings to improve speed for GoldenEye?

Latest SVC patched mupen next core seems to work on SX OS 2.6 alright. GoldenEye is almost stutter-free. Running it at 640x480 with zfast crt scanlines. Framebuffer emulation disabled, audio set to switch_thread. Threaded video is on. Framerate set to fullspeed instead of original. . This is with an n64 forward created with NRO2NSP 3.3.2

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For rumble you need to set rumble in core options for player one and go to your switch systems settings -> controllers -> turn vibration off and on again.
Needs to be done once per HOS reboot (libnx missing some init

I did this and still no rumble. Any suggestions?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new core coupled with new settings available for N64, is there a recommended set of settings to start from? I haven't fiddled with anything since the extra FBemu stuff was added (and I didn't touch any of that stuff either).

EDIT: I guess more specifically; are the recommended settings in the OP still the ones everyone is using? And are there additional settings that should be tweaked?

Last edited by stick267,

Panikk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new core coupled with new settings available for N64, is there a recommended set of settings to start from? I haven't fiddled with anything since the extra FBemu stuff was added (and I didn't touch any of that stuff either).
Apparently Framebuffer Emulation is better off being on with some games, but generally you could start with that being off and threaded video being on. That should get you most of the way there from stock settings.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you didnt.

Didn’t what? Go to core settings, set player 1 pak to rumble, go to Switch controller settings, turn off vibration, turn on vibration again?

I can assure you I did these two things.

I also restarted RA and went to settings to be sure rumble was still set. I also tried shutting down the Switch, restarted it, turned off and on vibration.

I also tried turning off and on vibration before launching RA, and also while the game itself was running.

None of these things worked.

Last edited by regnad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol