ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's the thing, we'd like to avoid using the online updater as he would like to try being able to go online by keeping his system clean.

Any suggestions for how to manually add cores?

Thanks for the quick response.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've actually done exactly the same thing, settings, driver, menu driver, but even when I save it, it doesn't work, it always rolls back to rgui.

We're using the NSP version, is that causing some problems?
Yeah actually you can get the cores individually from here:
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/

Get the latest .7z from there, and then extract the cores folder in your SD card inside /retroarch/
As for your second problem with the menu, probably means you are missing the "assets" folder too.
You can get it from the same link I posted, simply try searching for it in the drop-down menu on the left.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Yeah actually you can get the cores individually from here:
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/

Get the latest .7z from there, and then extract the cores folder in your SD card inside /retroarch/
As for your second problem with the menu, probably means you are missing the "assets" folder too.
You can get it from the same link I posted, simply try searching for it in the drop-down menu on the left.
I've actually just done that. Question though, inside the rar file is a folder that holds everything.

Am I supposed to extract everything while keeping it in that master folder, or am I taking everything WITHOUT the folder?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use 90dns to block Nintendo while still allowing your Switch to have internet access. That way you could just download everyhting from within Retroarch without having to worry about what goes where.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've actually just done that. Question though, inside the rar file is a folder that holds everything.

Am I supposed to extract everything while keeping it in that master folder, or am I taking everything WITHOUT the folder?
Either way works, if you want to simply extract the folder, that works, or if you want individual cores, then simply select the ones you want and put them inside /cores/

D

Deleted User

Either way works, if you want to simply extract the folder, that works, or if you want individual cores, then simply select the ones you want and put them inside /cores/
Alrighty, new problem then I suppose.

After selecting a game for Gambatta, the game is in a tiny ass window in the top left corner.

How to fix?

(This is why I dislike RetroArch alot, but my friend is adamant on using it.)

You could use 90dns to block Nintendo while still allowing your Switch to have internet access. That way you could just download everyhting from within Retroarch without having to worry about what goes where.
is it just 90.90.90.90?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alrighty, new problem then I suppose.

After selecting a game for Gambatta, the game is in a tiny ass window in the top left corner.

How to fix?

(This is why I dislike RetroArch alot, but my friend is adamant on using it.)
Try going into the RetroArch menu once the game has started (I believe you can do this by pressing L3+R3 or pushing both analog sticks down), and then go into Video and try changing the default aspect ratio or something. Should be an option somewhere around there, and if not, then it should be one option inside the Quick menu. Every core has it's own different settings, so I can't tell for Gambatte since I don't use it (I use mGBA for everything Gameboy).

Rikuddo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm trying to run a PSX Rom (Pepsiman) in retroarch with PCSX-ReARMed core, already added Bios too. The game loads fine but at the main screen where it says 'Press Start', it gets stuck right there after I press the start (+) button.

It runs with same core and bios and same files on PC. Is there anything which can resolve this issue?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Try going into the RetroArch menu once the game has started (I believe you can do this by pressing L3+R3 or pushing both analog sticks down), and then go into Video and try changing the default aspect ratio or something. Should be an option somewhere around there, and if not, then it should be one option inside the Quick menu. Every core has it's own different settings, so I can't tell for Gambatte since I don't use it (I use mGBA for everything Gameboy).
Ok! I saved my configuration, then I forced it to reload it instead of restarting. It crashed, then it came back with the XMB loaded.

Excellent!
Then after loading a game, it appeared perfectly fine, stretched on the screen at the correct aspect ratio!

The only thing is that L3 and R3 together doesn't seem to work to bring us back to retroarch properly.
Is that supposed to be the key to bring us back, or is there somewhere we can make sure to set it as wanted and needed?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok! I saved my configuration, then I forced it to reload it instead of restarting. It crashed, then it came back with the XMB loaded.

Excellent!
Then after loading a game, it appeared perfectly fine, stretched on the screen at the correct aspect ratio!

The only thing is that L3 and R3 together doesn't seem to work to bring us back to retroarch properly.
Is that supposed to be the key to bring us back, or is there somewhere we can make sure to set it as wanted and needed?
Oh that I'm not sure :/
Sometimes it's L3 and R3, others it's - & + at the same time, try with those ones.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dithering doesn't seem to be working on PCSX-ReARMed. Games like Silent Hill look really rainbow-like.

Enhanced resolution is also useless. I really hope these two things get fixed in the future, PS1 games can look gorgeous with the right settings.
Dithering does work, enhanced resolution is not implemented for unai (also the switch isn't powerful enough to handle that anyway on sw renderer)

Can you test the newest build? The chd code was rewritten
Its not rewritten yet, we added a workaround.

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
enhanced resolution is not implemented for unai (also the switch isn't powerful enough to handle that anyway on sw renderer)
an old and slow HardWare like ... raspberry pi 3b ... runs enhanced resolution very well.
( cpu 1.2GHz , 400mhz video core IV , Ram 1GB )

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
an old and slow HardWare like ... raspberry pi 3b ... runs enhanced resolution very well.
( cpu 1.2GHz , 400mhz video core IV , Ram 1GB )
If you read what I wrote, you would've seen that I said it uses a different renderer.
pi 3 will run in aarch32 mode, using the dynamic recompiler *and* neon renderer (<- this renderer supports enhanced res).
Heck, just the dynarec alone is the difference between 59 and 300 fps.
Your comparison is fundamentally flawed.
Its like saying why a volkswagen is slow but your ferrari is fast.

Reactions: lordelan

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm just getting Failed to load content with every Metal Slug, any ideas? I even have neogeo,zip in the rom folder
im pretty sure there's something wrong with your bios. Try another one and try searching for dofferent rom maybe? I definately can confirm they work

Last edited by bad361,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay