RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    @m4xw Is there a Retroarch-Forwarder/Fronted NSP available, with the new exit feature? I prefer a future-proof version that works with every new release.

2. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    I don't support forwarders.

3. zacly

zacly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2018
    Canada
    That's too bad. Any rough timeline on when this will be included? I like your UI much better but the lack of console tabs and box art is a deal breaker.

4. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    @m4xw OK, that's unfortunate, but what about the new NSP? Does that work, with all the nightlies coming out until the next official release?

5. CatmanFan

CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    The official NSP includes the full retroarch_switch.nro, no forwarder. It does work with the core NROs though, as long as they aren't wildly different from the original.

6. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    They always work. Worst thing that could happen is it sets some cfg defaults wrong

CatmanFan likes this.
  7. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    The Official RetroArch NSP listed in the OP automatically redirects to the newest one.
    You can check it out here:
    https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.7.5/nintendo/switch/libnx/

It was last updated October 28th, 2018.

lordelan and Silent_Gunner like this.
  8. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    I tested this version, but the exit function doesn`t work for me. When I quit Retroarch, the menu reloads.

9. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico

focusonme likes this.
  10. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    Aha, I thought I'd get back to the switch's main menu by quitting Retroarch ...

11. HardMind

HardMind Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The control works fine inside the main menu of RetroArch, but while I enter ps1 games it dose not anymore,
    Dose any one know what's the solution ?

12. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Your "ps1 games" is probably just legend of mana. You need to change some settings related to input, I cant remember which

13. HardMind

HardMind Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No, I tried 2 different games, and the same problem in both.
    really strange.

14. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I'm no hardware expert but if the switch uses the same Tegra X1 as the nvidia shield tv I am sure GC & PSP emulation can be achieved. The nvidia shield tv can emulate these fine.

Last edited by proffk, Oct 29, 2018
  15. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Either just go to the home menu and close it with the X button like with any other game, or just go to the home menu if you're still on the .nro like yours truly. (College life keeps me busy...)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Really? Haven't tested every game yet as I just assumed everything would work like any emulator not named MAME or FBA!

16. HoTsHoTz79

HoTsHoTz79 GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2018
    Canada
    cant call it a deal breaker when its not finished, ya? its labeled as Work-in-Progress [WIP]... so this shared built is for testing/playing around

Refer to the github link @natinusala posted for more info on current status

17. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Rayman not work on pcsx-rearmed any help to make it work??

18. zacly

zacly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2018
    Canada
    True, wrong word choice I guess. I just mean that will keep me from even testing it out.

19. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    I updated retroarch to the latest available version (the official NSP and nightly retroarch directory) then I updated the assets through the application, Uppdating the assets made retroarch cras at "extracting 100%". After this I opened the application. It started fine and ozone is working.

However.. Now I tried launching up some PS1 games and im having performance issues. Final Fantasy VII has major video stuttering issues, it does not affect the sound and it seams to only happen when you are not in battle and not all the time. It's like when you come to a new area it works fine for a few seconds and then the fps drops and sometimes the screen is completely frozen for a second or two. and after that the game moves on. I also tried Final Fantasy VIII with similar result. Worth noting is that it does not happen in battles in this game either.

I did not have these issues before..

Threaded video is on and I'm using default shaders.

Anyone have an idea whats going on here?

(UPDATE)
    Ok so I got it sorted out (Sort of).
    I downgraded RetroArch to the latest stable version and all those problems wen't away. I guess the latest Nightly does something that affects the performance.

Last edited by DaniPoo, Oct 29, 2018 - Reason: Update
    CrazyRach82 likes this.
  20. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Same here. I tried to many isos, cue, bins and all of them stuck at ubisoft logo.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted