Hacking RetroArch swap X and O buttons

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to search but help all seem from a while ago.

Is there a way to swap the X and O buttons in RetroArch please, I keep forgetting when in other apps etc.

Thanks

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to search but help all seem from a while ago.

Is there a way to swap the X and O buttons in RetroArch please, I keep forgetting when in other apps etc.

Thanks
Go into ux0:/data/retroarch/ in vitashell
Open retroarch.cfg
Scroll down until you find both
menu_ok_btn="8"
menu_cancel_btn="0"
Swap the numbers and voila.
Ok should be 0
And cancel should be 8

Reactions: MrMrMr

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for detailed reply I'll have a go, appreciate it as I say I'm new and keep pressing wring button!
Sure no problem!
And i literally found out this was possible today lol
It was only because of your post that i went digging in the retroarch.cfg
Before that i thought since it wasn't in the retroarch app settings i thought switching x and o was impossible.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Vita version of Retroarch outdated as recent builds have a X/O swap option in settings?
I'm not sure where it's at compared to other consoles/devices, i didn't see the option in settings though. It was in the .cfg so it should be popping up in settings right?

I have the latest stable version installed and only thing i can think is maybe it's an oversight or bug in an update somewhere because if i recall correctly a much older version had the option in settings, but somewhere along the updates it just disappeared.

Reactions: shaunj66

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's just me, it's not present in the vita version, i had to do it through the config.
de012cf59d9d5eff1b3c59f4de59ff82.jpg
d1731b748f348ebb0d5e00445ef6ccd8.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu