Homebrew Suggestion Retroarch NSP forwarders?

D

Deleted-351540

You mean manually save/reload the state?
Yes. All this is is a forwarder for Retroarch. You can access the Retroarch menu and save/load states. You'll need to do that manually if you wish to continue where you left off.

Mrdx

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Oh I see, let's just hope the devs add a feature in retroarch to autosave when exiting to home menu and autoload when resuming from it

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is really cool. I like having a stock experience as much as possible, so I always preferred using forwarders that I can put on the home menu of the console than using a separate menu like RetroArch (even though the Switch-like Ozone menu driver looks really nice, the default XMB just feels wrong to use on a Nintendo system ^^').

Too bad Switch doesn't allow us to use folders or sort the home menu manually, so with a lot of games this could become pretty confusing. Also, I wonder if Nintendo hardcoded an arbitrary title limit into their firmware again that limits the amount of installed games to 300 or something like that.

I assume this method has the same advantages as loading homebrew through an installed title, right? Like full RAM access?

Last edited by Trice,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is really cool. I like having a stock experience as much as possible, so I always preferred using forwarders that I can put on the home menu of the console than using a separate menu like RetroArch (even though the Switch-like Ozone menu driver looks really nice, the default XMB just feels wrong to use on a Nintendo system ^^').

Too bad Switch doesn't allow us to use folders or sort the home menu manually, so with a lot of games this could become pretty confusing. Also, I wonder if Nintendo hardcoded an arbitrary title limit into their firmware again that limits the amount of installed games to 300 or something like that.

I assume this method has the same advantages as loading homebrew through an installed title, right? Like full RAM access?
The title limit is way over 300.
I think SciresM noted the max a long while back and it was huge.
Agree with the hone menu folder point - that’s my most wanted feature

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The title limit is way over 300.
I think SciresM noted the max a long while back and it was huge.
Agree with the hone menu folder point - that’s my most wanted feature
Oh, that's great to hear! :)

So we just have to wait for Nintendo to add folders which would surely come with the ability to sort the menu manually as well. I mean folders wouldn't make much sense otherwise. With the amount of games being released on this system they have to do this eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1