Hacking Retroarch Noob - Please Help

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fairly new to this, I just got everything setup and working but I am having a big issue with Retroarch. If I use the auto scan it misses some of the games. I would like to have all my roms show up. I also want to get the thumbnails. I have been trying for a bit here but I see no way of adding the thumbnails unless I manually edit each lpl file. How do you guys build your playlist? I have tried to auto scan the folders, it finds most of the roms, but then try to use the thumbnail updater and it fails everytime. It will get to 8 percent on the NES roms and then fail.

I have attempted to use a playlist builder but have failed miserably. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I simply want to point my playlist at a folder with all the roms I have and add the art work.

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I am fairly new to this, I just got everything setup and working but I am having a big issue with Retroarch. If I use the auto scan it misses some of the games. I would like to have all my roms show up. I also want to get the thumbnails. I have been trying for a bit here but I see no way of adding the thumbnails unless I manually edit each lpl file. How do you guys build your playlist? I have tried to auto scan the folders, it finds most of the roms, but then try to use the thumbnail updater and it fails everytime. It will get to 8 percent on the NES roms and then fail.

I have attempted to use a playlist builder but have failed miserably. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I simply want to point my playlist at a folder with all the roms I have and add the art work.
Search for it on retroarch thread. It is being explained a few times.

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im clearly not getting something right. Using the generator does not produce a working playlist. It generates the playlist but the games cannot be read and no thumbnail is generated. What is missing?

The thumbnails are stored in uxo:\data\retroarch\thumbnails\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System and are all png files.

example of what was created using playlist buddy.

uxo:\Roms\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\720.nes
app0:/nestopia_libretro.self
DETECT
DETECT
Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone able to comment? There has got to be a better way than to manually try to write this file for playlists

snake218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im clearly not getting something right. Using the generator does not produce a working playlist. It generates the playlist but the games cannot be read and no thumbnail is generated. What is missing?

The thumbnails are stored in uxo:\data\retroarch\thumbnails\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System and are all png files.

example of what was created using playlist buddy.

uxo:\Roms\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\720.nes
app0:/nestopia_libretro.self
DETECT
DETECT
Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl
Old thread but will put it in case someone else had the same problem:
You need to use the correct naming for each rom in order to work with thumbnails, for example the one used in a No-intro romset. I think your problem for roms not being read is that the path used for psvita is ux0 (zero at the end), and you have to use no caps.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: I guess 1 person has gotten the joke