Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep!
Just gotta download the standard Windows release of Retroarch, it should have a "cheats" folder. Copy ALL of that to the 3DS, make sure 3DS Retroarch detects this folder (Settings -> Directories), and check in game for "Core Cheat Options".

...Buuuuuut it works so-so. At least on Earthbound (SNES), I couldn't get the Debug menu booted. I haven't tried anything else... yet.

Ok, I still cant get cheats to work. I set the directory, but it says no files in said directory in the emulator, even though there are plenty of .cht files in it. For the cheat pass option, I keep pressing right and it displays cheat 0, cheat 1, etc, but no names for cheats. What am I doing wrong? Thoughts/help appreciated :)

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got ff7 working at 59 fps just by taking off the audio sync, but I left the audio on and it still runs at 59 fps, couldnt believe it

Reactions: VinsCool

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
So I got ff7 working at 59 fps just by taking off the audio sync, but I left the audio on and it still runs at 59 fps, couldnt believe it

Impressive! Have you also tested other games? Frameskip 1?

Edit: I've tested audio sync off but with no success. Still have 43 Fps in Megaman X5. With muted audio also no difference :(

Last edited by Shadowrun97,

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone tried to run the 3dsx version of the ps1 emulator on o3ds with a game like kula world or something? It probably would get like 1 frame (not per second, just one frame) then your 3DS would burn but I'm still trying it out.

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Has anyone tried to run the 3dsx version of the ps1 emulator on o3ds with a game like kula world or something? It probably would get like 1 frame (not per second, just one frame) then your 3DS would burn but I'm still trying it out.

Kula world looks simple but it's a 3D game. The performance of 2D games is much better (Megaman, Alundra etc.)

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kula world looks simple but it's a 3D game. The performance of 2D games is much better (Megaman, Alundra etc.)
What about Rayman? Or is that too much?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright I just tried out Kula World. 3 fps. Didn't go any lower or higher though. Gonna try Rayman 1 out (love that game!)

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Impressive! Have you also tested other games? Frameskip 1?

Edit: I've tested audio sync off but with no success. Still have 43 Fps in Megaman X5. With muted audio also no difference :(
I was able to get spyro working at about 30-35 fps turn off the sound, vsync, and overclock and frameskip 1, crash is a little slower, not going over 33 fps;
mortal kombat trilogy works at about 45-50 fps without turning anything off, same with star ocean 2 umm thats about it i think that i have tested so far

Last edited by Deathbot64,

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I was able to get spyro working at about 30-35 fps turn off the sound, vsync, and overclock and frameskip 1, crash is a little slower, not going over 33 fps;
mortal kombat trilogy works at about 45-50 fps without turning anything off, same with star ocean 2 umm thats about it i think that i have tested so far

What do you mean with overlock?

I'll test some more 2D games now and post my results here.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I still cant get cheats to work. I set the directory, but it says no files in said directory in the emulator, even though there are plenty of .cht files in it. For the cheat pass option, I keep pressing right and it displays cheat 0, cheat 1, etc, but no names for cheats. What am I doing wrong? Thoughts/help appreciated :)
I tried running some Cheats before, but I never could get them to work. I would set the Cheats, Apply the Cheats, reset the Game, and.....nothing

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean with overlock?

I'll test some more 2D games now and post my results here.
Oops, I mean crop overscan, my bad

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my settings keeping resetting to default everytime i turn off the emulator, even when i try to save the config, any way to fix this

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Games tested (with frameskip 1, cia and n3ds with official PSX bios)

Crash bandicoot: 30-40 FPS (sometimes 20 in busy parts.) disabling audio sync helps and muting audio all together gets me a solid locked 50 FPS.

Crusader no remorse: 50 FPS all the way. Simple fun isometric game with not very graphically intensive visuals so it isn't taxing on the system. Will test others ; 33...W00t for control sticks working!!... This is Fantastic work.. Like it's been several days since I've been using retroarch and I'm still amazed A Nintendo handheld can emulate a Sony console

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh