Tested a couple more ROMs on Picodrive. While the framerate is relatively stable - with a few minor exceptions, I've noticed that it tends to crash when a game is loaded after another game has been closed, not necessarily after three games are loaded.
For example, after playing Rockman Megaworld and Pulseman, the emulator crashed while loading Mega Bomberman. After rebooting the console, I played a couple minutes of Sonic Megamix (a Sonic 1 ROMhack). Attempting to launch Sonic 3 & Knuckles right after crashed the emulator.
Is this RAM related? I checked the size of the ROMs and it doesn't seem they're particularly large - Megamix is 1,254KB while Pulseman and Rockman are 2,048 each. Mega Bomberman is 1,024.
Umk3 runs from 49 to 52 in battles, Sonic 1 does runs at 60 with a few of slowdowns, Sonic 2 runs from 50 to 59 fps, super street fighter 2 plus does runs at solid 58-60, sonic 3 53-57 almost 58 fps and ristar 51 to 60 fps
The turn off the bottom screen lcd feature is so awesome!! Can't wait to try it out on more cores! Right now the only working cia is psx. Hope you can fix the others soon!
Picodrive does perform better now on O3DS, but too many objects on the screen cause it to lag like an NES. Drops somewhere around 44fps in extreme cases.
From what I can tell, the Core Input Remapping Options menu is used for creating these button remaps, but they actually seem to work even on cores which don't have the menu itself (yet). I made myself a remap file for using in Neo Geo games because the Neo Geo CD layout is poor for three-button games like Metal Slug and there's no four-button games I care about because I'm a jerk and I think fighting games are boring.
What I actually did was to build the remap file I wanted in the CPS-2 core and save it, then I went in and moved/renamed that core remap file to sd:/retroarch/remaps/FBA Cores Neo/FBA Cores Neo.rmp. Then, make sure that Settings > Configuration > Load Remap Files Automatically is enabled in RetroArch. Bam, you've got your buttons remapped specifically for the Neo Geo core. I assume you could probably do the same thing for per-game remaps by putting your remaps in the same directory with the title of your ROM (e.g. mslug.rmp).
Same thing will probably work for all the other cores, too, so you should be able to have per-core or per-game remaps whether or not the core in question supports remapping via the menu.
If anyone wants my Neo Geo remap file, here you go:
Neo Geo CD Adjusted layout
D D
C B A C
A B
^ ^
| |
| Left-to-right A/B/C layout is much better for 3-button games.
|
RetroArch uses this layout currently.
More fun Neo Geo tricks: while Oggom has a pull request for UniBIOS 3.1 support in the Neo Geo core, until it goes through, you can fudge this with some minor renaming: in your neogeo.zip, rename uni-bios_3_0.rom to something sensible (I went with uni-bios_3_0.rom.bak; technically you could just delete it but meh, renaming works just as well) now rename uni-bios_3_1.rom to uni-bios_3_0.rom. Now when FBA Neo Geo goes looking for UniBIOS 3.0, it'll find your renamed UniBIOS 3.1 and happily use that instead.
uni-bios_3_0.rom[/B] to something sensible (I went with uni-bios_3_0.rom.bak; technically you could just delete it but meh, renaming works just as well) now rename uni-bios_3_1.rom to uni-bios_3_0.rom. Now when FBA Neo Geo goes looking for UniBIOS 3.0, it'll find your renamed UniBIOS 3.1 and happily use that instead.
So I started up the Ps1.3dsx and after I select where the bios are and turn off sound and dynamic recompiler is disabled, the ps1 boot up screen intro plays but after it ends I'm taken to a menu with a Cd player and Memory Card Option. Is there any way to go pass this?
Are you selecting the BIOS file under the "load content" menu option? If so, you don't need to do that. Just select whatever game you want to load, since RetroArch auto-detects the BIOS so long as it's in the right folder.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...