Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

jdestroyer97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to fix the bios they were named with the folder it was in before it but know there is another problem for psx some games just crash at certain points making the games unplayable such as brave fencer musashi very early on after climbing the tower and suikoden II early on after trying to escape I've tested this by putting a save state before the crash point and it does it everytime anyway to fix this?

Edit* Also sometimes to fix the control freeze problem by pressing home and going back in the psx just lags up and the sound messes up anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by jdestroyer97,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had problems in mame 2003 on psvita like the game appearing upside down or from right to left. I was trying to play burger time and it was upside down.
Yeah, I think it was Donkey Kong that was upside down. I'm guessing most people here care more about PSX than the real gaming classics so it's probably not much of a priority to get it fixed.

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thank you for files, but strangely (really? I've noticed that on my vita nothing work properly lol) the wallpapers dont work. I put wallpapers in wallpaper folder inside data/retroarch, then set the correct dir path, change the settings like in guide inside your zip and then close RA by clicking Quick Retroarch: nothing change ._.

you need copy lpl file from playlists folder to ux0:/data/retroarch/playlists/
and all wallpapers have inside menu.png this use in settings menu>menu wallpaper

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if someone already said that but anyway.. you can now use the front touch screen as L2/R2 in input settings any they disabled the L2/R2 in the main menu

Thanks a lot retroarch team

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you need copy lpl file from playlists folder to ux0:/data/retroarch/playlists/
and all wallpapers have inside menu.png this use in settings menu>menu wallpaper
need lpl file even for only background wallpapers png?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know if someone already said that but anyway.. you can now use the front touch screen as L2/R2 in input settings any they disabled the L2/R2 in the main menu

Thanks a lot retroarch team
You can assign now the Hotkeys to front touchscreen?

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems in mame 2003 on psvita like the game appearing upside down or from right to left. I was trying to play burger time and it was upside down.

Yeah, I think it was Donkey Kong that was upside down. I'm guessing most people here care more about PSX than the real gaming classics so it's probably not much of a priority to get it fixed.

Open retroarch menu, do not go in to quick menu. (If you are in quick menu then press X and then press right for settings menu)
You should see the options for driver/video/audio/input/core etc. Go down to video and then down to rotation. You can rotate the screen till it is correct.

Last edited by mindglitch,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
wtf! it is not clear...

It's a windows power shell script to make a playlist for Retroarch.

I was thinking that you could name a usb stick uxo: and layout all the games the same on it and run the script and it should generate the playlist for you.

Also maybe somebody could write a util on the PS vita to write the playlist dircectly into the relevant folders on retroarch.

I'm not the person to do this but I'm sure there is somebody out there that could.

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a "best" SNES emulator? I usually just stick with 2005, but if something better is available, I'll try it out.

between the three SNES cores, I found myself using all three. some games don't work properly in 2005 (mostly EA sports games) which somehow work fine in the 2010 core. starfox arguably runs better in 2002.

I so wish retroarch supported frame skip though. the sound skipping drives me insane!

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open retroarch menu, do not go in to quick menu. (If you are in quick menu then press X and then press right for settings menu)
You should see the options for driver/video/audio/input/core etc. Go down to video and then down to rotation. You can rotate the screen till it is correct.
I do hope that it is fixed at some point and I knew about the rotation options. I was just hoping maybe there was an option that I didn't know of that fit the entire screen automatically this way it would not mess with the other emulators. Have not tried punch-out!! yet but I am guessing that is out of the question. Either way thank you both for your input.

Last edited by abelxcane,

AriaOnThePlanetes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Also in FB Alpha(both 2012 and non-2012).

Last edited by AriaOnThePlanetes,

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Last edited by wakabayashy,

Norik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It basically means we don't need a million different icons anymore.
Fantastic!

A little unrelated, but is there any way to set emulator hotkeys using the analog sticks? Things like statesaving and enabling turbo by just flicking a stick would be very useful, but I can't seem to find such an option in the menus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь