Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply.

I have my Roms in a custom folder, so can I create the sub folders in this?.

Also once done, do I need to source the sample/in game sound files or are they generated.

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Duppex,

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So FBA general confirmed working? I need my street fighter 3 fix

street fighter 3 works in fba2012 but a bit slow with choppy sound. getting closer tho.

the updated assets from the built in updater only takes up space in the retroarch folder one time while the vpk assets take up space for each app you install so a waste of space I plan to remove the assets from every vpk

can you confirm which folder has these extra assets? would like to know before i delete the wrong ones if it matters any. heh. thanks.

Reactions: cvskid

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
street fighter 3 works in fba2012 but a bit slow with choppy sound. getting closer tho.

can you confirm which folder has these extra assets? would like to know before i delete the wrong ones if it matters any. heh. thanks.

inside the vpk its the assets folder when you open the folder you will see rgui and xmb

EDIT: I should also add if you have already installed a vpk with the asset files you will have to delete the same assets folder on the vita in the respective app folder for each emulator

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: mindglitch

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the retroarch mame emulator runs good for me besides the crashing when switching games, Tried fba2012 also but some of the games that worked with the mame emulator did not run using the fba emulator, probably different romset. Nice to be able to play games like tmnt and the simpsons arcade at fullspeed. This and sega 32x emulation and i'm set. Also for arcade games you have to try to find 2 player versions of games since you can't switch controls for 4 player games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is fbalpha (newer version than fbalpha2012)

https://twitter.com/frangar/status/768966448786075648
When running cps3 games did you use the no cd versions of the games to help save space on the ps vita memorycard?

Last edited by cvskid,

frangarcj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the retroarch mame emulator runs good for me besides the crashing when switching games, Tried fba2012 also but some of the games that worked with the mame emulator did not run using the fba emulator, probably different romset. Nice to be able to play games like tmnt and the simpsons arcade at fullspeed. This and sega 32x emulation and i'm set. Also for arcade games you have to try to find 2 player versions of games since you can't switch controls for 4 player games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When running cps3 games did you use the no cd versions of the games to help save space on the ps vita memorycard?

33mb rom

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mindglitch how did you get it working can you help me out what should I be looking for also do I need the CHDs?

"accueil non mame roms fb alpha" amigo. im not sure about CHD. i dont even know what that is. haha. i only used the parent rom to try it. the parent rom was labeled Euro 970204. you might have some luck running the other versions alongside the parent rom in the same folder.

Last edited by mindglitch,

jdestroyer97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"accueil non mame roms fb alpha" amigo. im not sure about CHD. i dont even know what that is. haha. i only used the parent rom to try it. the parent rom was labeled Euro 970204. you might have some luck running the other versions alongside the parent rom in the same folder.

You know was the size of it was?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol