Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kerb u must make a folder in psP savedata All in capital letters... It would not work for me unless it was in capitals

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't mind him, he gets all rude, insulting and defensive in all of his posts. Even if the point he's making is correct, it gets lost because he's so busy abusing other members.
Respect for that.. U always get some fools online trying to get smart behind the keyboard...

Last edited by SuperDan,
Reactions: Lord M

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Kerb u must make a folder in psP savedata All in capital letters... It would not work for me unless it was in capitals

Respect for that.. U always get some fools online trying to get smart behind the keyboard...

Heh SuperDan It's not "trying" its "crying to get smart" :)

For those of you having trouble with the all-in-one vpk, I've uploaded the 10/16 nightly, supposedly the last stable nightly before the crashes and stability regression kicked in, below; please try it out and tell me if it's more stable (besides the config save issue on PSTVs):

https://www.bigfile.to/file/N6r4stmZz77z/2016-10-16_RetroArch.7z
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/L14r3UXl/file.html

Are you part of the Retroarch dev or just a forum user?

Reactions: SuperDan

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for the Vita to Emulate better than the 3DS/N3DS? Example, seems like the PSX Core run a LOT better on the Vita with the Games I tested.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you part of the Retroarch dev or just a forum user?

Just a forum user who happens to have kept a copy of that nightly.

Speaking of which, they should really consider hosting a more extensive archive of nightlies (instead of just the last few days) for people to fall back to when something isn't working.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of which, they should really consider hosting a more extensive archive of nightlies (instead of just the last few days) for people to fall back to when something isn't working.

I'd wager it's probably server space:cost that's preventing them from easily keeping a hearty backlog of all the prior builds; they are, after all, uploading for a good dozen of systems at a time, all out-of-pocket more or less-ish.

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I came here since its the most active retroarch thread for the vita on the web IMO.
Have a few questions for the pstv:
1) since started using the aio it hasn't let me keep my controller settings nor any setting. Have to manually load them every time I boot it up. Is this normal?
2) is boxart etc working? I just transferred them to my pstv but idk if it will work
3) tmnt turtles in time arcade and others lag a lot. But sound on arcade emulation is pretty bad on it on many games.
TIA

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st of all shut up and calm down.. U fool the AIO don't want to work perfectly do u read these posts at all? 2nd of all I'm just trying to help people out... 3rd, why you're so defensive over it is just dumb.. I think u have me all wrong.. I want it to Work FOR EVERYONE.. All the Vita Gamers out there...
1st off "fool" AIO works perfectly fine people just refuse to read posts about how using both separate cores and AIO at the same time causes issues because the config files conflict with one another 2nd off your "help" is just adding to the pool of misinformation 3rd its because its clear you have no clue what you are talking about and just making assumptions

I've tried that but files did not showup. It downloaded them but when iI looked into the folder they were not there?

Could you PM me with some advice.

I've found the AIO version is slower than the seperate cores . Just try out the PSX cores on both. It seems to stutter on the AIO. I've now reverted back to single cores.

it works at exactly the same speed for me

Last edited by deathblade200,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
1st off "fool" AIO works perfectly fine people just refuse to read posts about how using both separate cores and AIO at the same time causes issues because the config files conflict with one another 2nd off your "help" is just adding to the pool of misinformation 3rd its because its clear you have no clue what you are talking about and just making assumptions

it works at exactly the same speed for me

I didnt have them mixed. I cleared it all out including the retro folder etc and installed fresh each time.

I play ridge racer on the PSX all the time and noticed the speed difference and stuttering straight away.
Tried several updates and went back to the single cores.

The snes and genesis and PCE stuff's OK but the PSX has problems.

Just a forum user who happens to have kept a copy of that nightly.

Thanks for the offer but I would not download a vpk from a forum user . Just cautious that's all .

Do you think its the Dynarec addition that's at fault .

They should have one archive set a the last stable since a big modification.

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt have them mixed. I cleared it all out including the retro folder etc and installed fresh each time.

I play ridge racer on the PSX all the time and noticed the speed difference and stuttering straight away.

Thanks for the offer but I would not download a vpk from a forum user . Just cautious that's all .

Good practice with user upload but you will have that everywhere so if there a way to check files as there is now then you should check them. Vitashell should beable to do that now and there a few software to look for malicious codes now.

For PSX I would assume the adrenrine might be better when it come out

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that but files did not showup. It downloaded them but when iI looked into the folder they were not there?

Could you PM me with some advice.

I've found the AIO version is slower than the seperate cores . Just try out the PSX cores on both. It seems to stutter on the AIO. I've now reverted back to single cores.

I have seen 0 speed difference between any of the cores I've used games like Final Fantasy 7, Resident Evil 2, Beyond the Beyond, Parasite eve 1-2, crash bandicoot 1-3, and chrono cross for psx for example

Last edited by deathblade200,

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen 0 speed difference between any of the cores I've used games like Final Fantasy 7, Resident Evil 2, Beyond the Beyond, Parasite eve 1-2, crash bandicoot 1-3, and chrono cross for psx for example
beside bandicoot kinda... all those are rpg type and semi fps so u cant really compare that to racing... I havent test any racing so i cant input into that yet...

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I uploaded the nightly only because I actually downloaded it from the buildbot, tried installing it myself, and it worked without problems; whether you should trust me on that, though, is totally up to you.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country

Some game you may not see a difference. Emulation does not work that way. It's game dependent.
Something on the dynarec update has slowed down particular games.

I guess if your happy with it then great use it.

I was not and found certain games did not work correctly.

Hopefully the devs will take note and sort out each game.

I uploaded the nightly only because I actually downloaded it from the buildbot, tried installing it myself, and it worked without problems; whether you should trust me on that, though, is totally up to you.

How was ridge racer? :)

I have a deep love of psx ridge racer as I imported a PSX from Japan the day it can out and had a copy of ridge race

Galaxian is another Fav

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some game you may not see a difference. Emulation does not work that way. It's game dependent.
Something on the dynarec update has slowed down particular games.

I guess if your happy with it then great use it.

I was not and found certain games did not work correctly.

Hopefully the devs will take note and sort out each game.

How was ridge racer? :)

I have a deep love of psx ridge racer as I imported a PSX from Japan the day it can out and had a copy of ridge race

Galaxian is another Fav
Ridge Racer Type 4 & Ridge Racer Ordinary works well for me & Grand Turismo 1 was good.. But for me gran Turismo 2 just went nuts and glitched out Bad.. I hope one day a update might fix it

Last edited by SuperDan,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ridge Racer Type 4 & Ridge Racer Ordinary works well for me & Grand Turismo 1 was good.. But for me gran Turismo 2 just went nuts and glitched out Bad.. I hope one day a update might fix it

The reason I swapped again was Ridge racer ordinary was stuttering. Cant have that :)

xombiexplox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get Picodrive to find my .32X files on the all-in-one retroarch vpk? I can't load anything after I select the core and go to pick the file, no files show up in my 32X folder.

EDIT: nvmd, I moved the .32x files into my genesis ROM folder and it found them.

Last edited by xombiexplox,

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: And a shoot out with the police is like RoboCop lol