SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
thanks for your help, unfortunately, the game still appears to be lagging, so i think it is just beyond the wii's ability, or maybe the core needs more development
The Nintendo Wii is not powerful enough for run most of the heavy-core Midway arcade games...
Same thing happens when trying to play the original arcade games Mortal Kombat 1/2.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Wii is not powerful enough for run most of the heavy-core Midway arcade games...
Same thing happens when trying to play the original arcade games Mortal Kombat 1/2.
thanks for your awesome help again, it's an amazing community here with such talented people keeping the homebrew scene active!

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm actually going to check out MKII on the 32X once I get that updated Picodrive core, it's a really good port IMO.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, a few updates here.

RA-Modified - Added @SaulFabre NeoCD, GenPlusGX cores, removed GearSystem.

RA-Sega - Added GenPlusGX, removed GearSystem.

SS-MAME Arcade - Compatibility text added.

SS-Neo - Reverted back to a previous NEO VM core. I have found at least 2 persistent code dumps recently while playing/testing several games. These dumps do not occur with the replacement core. Please give feedback if you experience issues.

SS-Complete Mod - Added the above changes.

WiiRVL

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there. I've tried the Gambette and PCE standalone emulators on my Wii. The games seem to run fine except that there is constant audio crackling. Trying to mess with the audio resampler settings and anything sync or framerate related yields no luck. Has anybody else eperienced this problem?

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's SO much better with the "Arcade" rom hack patch. Highly recommended. That's why I'm here trying to figure out what Picodrive core I want.
First i've heard of this hack. All i can say is WOW! Honestly this could easily pass for the arcade version of MKII without knowing. And PicoDrive is pushing it 60 fps steady. I tested both official RA-Wii 1.15.0 and @SaulFabre compiled 1.15.0 core.

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for letting me know!!! I was actually pouring over our old conversations last night, searching for an elusive Picodrive that plays 32x at reasonable speed without crackling audio. Does the audio still crackle for you on 1.15.0?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know!!! I was actually pouring over our old conversations last night, searching for an elusive Picodrive that plays 32x at reasonable speed without crackling audio. Does the audio still crackle for you on 1.15.0?
Only testing MK II Arcade and Demons Of Asteborg, i am not hearing any crackling. If there is, it is very suttle and my ears aren't picking it up.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do PGM games like demon front and martial masters run good on the Wii?
I don't have those 2 games in my PGM folder so i'm guessing they do not run or the have very poor performance.

I tested the PGM games so time ago and this is what i kept in my working roms folder...
Dragon World II
Espgaluda
Knights of Valour
Knights of Valour Plus
Oriental Legend
Oriental Legend Special
Puzzli 2

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have those 2 games in my PGM folder so i'm guessing they do not run or the have very poor performance.

I tested the PGM games so time ago and this is what i kept in my working roms folder...
Dragon World II
Espgaluda
Knights of Valour
Knights of Valour Plus
Oriental Legend
Oriental Legend Special
Puzzli 2

They go past the RAM limit if I recall correctly, does no VM RAM solution exist for these games like for other arcade games?

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Dragon World II
Espgaluda
Knights of Valour
Knights of Valour Plus
Oriental Legend
Oriental Legend Special
Puzzli 2
dodonpachi dai-ou-jou also works quite well some audio cuts

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First i've heard of this hack. All i can say is WOW! Honestly this could easily pass for the arcade version of MKII without knowing. And PicoDrive is pushing it 60 fps steady. I tested both official RA-Wii 1.15.0 and @SaulFabre compiled 1.15.0 core.

@RunningSnakes Can you do me a huge favour? Can you try it on the SS-Sega core that you have listed on the first page? Here is why I'm asking…

A long time ago you told me (rightfully) how RA builds for Wii went downhill somewhere around 1.8.1. Recently I've been comparing builds that worked well and ones that did not, and was surprised to find that some were virtually identical, with only metadata / paths being changed. I'm starting to think that there may be another variable at play, namely some variables / settings that are written in the config files, but not accessible through the GUI. My hypothesis is that you will get noticeably worse performance with the SS-Sega Picodrive, because you've configured it to use the /private/SPICO path, and it will write hidden default values there that will cripple the SS build's performance. I just want an outside second opinion on what my experiment seems to be telling me here.

If anyone else was willing to try this, particularly if you have never installed SS-Sega before, I would greatly appreciate it.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. This Ss-PicoDrive core is titled "PicoDrive 1.98-unknown. MKII Arcade 32x running at 60 fps steady. No dips whatsoever. Just tested After Burner Complete and it is 60 fps steady.

I have frame skip disabled and usually testing After Burner is a good indication how well the core performs. Whats going on here, the SS Pico core struggled with AB in all my testings before. Now i will test Primal Rage! What the hell 60 fps.

You may be onto something here Adam. Now i must test through WiiFlow Lite Plugin to see if that was causing the issues before. I know i tested several times through forwarder and HBC though. Now my head is spinning, gotta find some answeres.

Are you getting 60 fps with SS Pico as well?

Reactions: cheloruiz79

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. This Ss-PicoDrive core is titled "PicoDrive 1.98-unknown. MKII Arcade 32x running at 60 fps steady. No dips whatsoever. Just tested After Burner Complete and it is 60 fps steady.

I have frame skip disabled and usually testing After Burner is a good indication how well the core performs. Whats going on here, the SS Pico core struggled with AB in all my testings before. Now i will test Primal Rage! What the hell 60 fps.

You may be onto something here Adam. Now i must test through WiiFlow Lite Plugin to see if that was causing the issues before. I know i tested several times through forwarder and HBC though. Now my head is spinning, gotta find some answeres.

Are you getting 60 fps with SS Pico as well?
I'm getting what looks like 60 fps, or what looks like 12 fps (just eyeballing) depending on "variables." Getting closer to figuring what those variables are. Thank-you for letting me know! Will write back once I have something solid, even if its just a solid failure.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through WFL, i am getting huge frame drops to 24 fps playing MK2 Arcade. After Burner is not quite so bad. Primal Rage also drops to low 20 fps.

Testing through forwarder channel again, all 3 games are running at 60 fps steady again. This is definitely an issue where and how the configuration is set up using WiiFlow Lite.

I am going to edit path where WFL expects the cfg to my default path. Maybe there is a conflict here, Hexaeco is known to be picky and stubborn but never this extreme.
Post automatically merged:

After further testing through WFL, changing paths and arguments does not make any difference. WFL and SS-PicoDrive core do not get along with severe slowdown where games are unplayable.

The good news is SS-PicoDrive is running full speed after testing 8 separate games with default settings. I think this may have been WFL/Hexaeco conflict this entire last couple years and i just didn't realize or think that was possible.

Of around 50-60 Hexaeco cores tested and used through WFL plugins, this is the only core affected by frame drops (and they are massive).

Now i think i'll test Virtual Boy again.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.