Homebrew RetroArch-Hexaeco Emulators

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Gambatte has lots of palettes one could edit, many of them for Super Game Boy that look similar but brighter. There's a lot of room to experiment.

Not every GBC palette has been edited, I could take any suggestion for colors.
Remember that this is SuperrSonic's RA fork, and not the official fork.

Attachments

• GBC - Gambatte HexaEco Modded Palettes.7z
    493.3 KB · Views: 25

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like they fixed the issue of RA Wii not reading correctly the .info files:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/15752
Yes, that was thanks to Greenchili2, we've been troubleshooting the issue. Did anyone even notice it was broken?, it's been like that since the 20th august :/
Anyway, it's fixed now :) should hit the nighties in the next day or so.

We have a nice new shiny Core to play with as well.. Hatari - Atari ST Core is now fixed and available for Wii, also thanks to Greenchili2! the guys on fire! :D it has had alot of improvements and updates also
https://github.com/libretro/hatari/pull/95

What other main issues are there with the Retorarch Wii, I've noticed Retroarch can crash randomly if I select some options?
Anyone else noticed any other bugs, you guys use this version more than me so if you can tell me I maybe able to pass it on and hopefully get them looked at?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, that was thanks to Greenchili2, we've been troubleshooting the issue. Did anyone even notice it was broken?, it's been like that since the 20th august :/
Anyway, it's fixed now :) should hit the nighties in the next day or so.

We have a nice new shiny Core to play with as well.. Hatari - Atari ST Core is now fixed and available for Wii, also thanks to Greenchili2! the guys on fire! :D it has had alot of improvements and updates also
https://github.com/libretro/hatari/pull/95

What other main issues are there with the Retorarch Wii, I've noticed Retroarch can crash randomly if I select some options?
Anyone else noticed any other bugs, you guys use this version more than me so if you can tell me I maybe able to pass it on and hopefully get them looked at?
Damn yes, a few hours ago i tried PCSX-ReARMed and it doesn't even save my .cfg files and doesn't load .info files.

Also, good that RA Wii now has also the latest Hatari so we can get WiiFlow compatibility and not just depend of Hatari-Wii...

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Can someone clarify what ROMS are needed for the CPS2 emulator in this Hexaeco pack? Is there a special set need like I think the Neogeo ones are that I have?

I know the CPS2 games are a bit too large for the Wii RAM, but wondering of there is a special set that aids in the wrangling of the RAM. Thanks

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Can someone clarify what ROMS are needed for the CPS2 emulator in this Hexaeco pack? Is there a special set need like I think the Neogeo ones are that I have?

I know the CPS2 games are a bit too large for the Wii RAM, but wondering of there is a special set that aids in the wrangling of the RAM. Thanks
FBA 2012 (0.2.97.28) romset. The CPS2 roms are fully compatible, i believe i have 58 verified working.

Truthfully though, in my experience with FBA sets, most roms are interchangeable. I believe i have 4 FBA and 2 FBNEO romsets, many are the exact same dump now as they were 12 - 15 years ago. Just about anything you throw at it will most likely boot.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated all Hexaeco emulators with bezels/overlays....

@ploggy

Here is a small list of unstable or not working cores that would be great with a tune-up...

BlueMSX
GearBoy
GearColeco
GearSystem
Genesis Plus GX - Not Working
Vice - Not Working

GearBoy and Genesis Plus GX both used to work well which is disappointing. GearBoy has become so unstable it is unusable and Genesis Plus GX has been broken for far too long .

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
speaking of Genesis Plus GX, the last online build is form 2015 i think? i read somewhere that a more up to date version can be compiled but i know nothing about compiling source code, any help on the matter?

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maeson
Nice work with the Gambatte modified palettes!!!

I have edited your mod to work/save separately from the original core and just named it Gambatte Color. Is it OK with you if i include your mod in the Hexaeco Mod pack download?

Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Please do, if people can enjoy it, it should be shared.

In fact, I will check sometime these holidays to see if I can mod other palettes, as there were many on the Super GB side that are basically the same as I said above. Ideas would be welcome.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updated all Hexaeco emulators with bezels/overlays....

@ploggy

Here is a small list of unstable or not working cores that would be great with a tune-up...

BlueMSX
GearBoy
GearColeco
GearSystem
Genesis Plus GX - Not Working
Vice - Not Working

GearBoy and Genesis Plus GX both used to work well which is disappointing. GearBoy has become so unstable it is unusable and Genesis Plus GX has been broken for far too long .
Sorry I don't know how to code best I can do is compile :/
My suggestion would be you report the issues to each of the Cores github pages :)

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The analog to dpad in the ss mgba core isn't set up correctly. When I am moving the analog stick up or right it goes down or left. Its the same in the menu and I can't manually change it since analog up and right isn't registered. I don't have this probIem with other cores. Iam using a Wii U Pro Controller.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blue-spirit

I only have Classic and Gamecube controllers so i will test with those to see if they have the same issue. I will get back with results soon...

Edit:
Ok, i have tested SS mGBA with both Classic and GameCube controllers and cannot reproduce your issue. D-Pad and Analog are working correctly using both controllers for me.

Which mGBA dol are you using, 0.9.2 or 0.11-dev? Just asking so i know we are testing the same core.

-----

Load SS-mGBA core then load any game. When game launches press home button to enter menu, now select Settings/Input...

User 1 Device Type = RetroPad
User 1 Analog To Digital = Left Analog

Now scroll way down to and set...

User 1 B button (down) = 46
User 1 Y button (left) = 45
User 1 Select button = 48
User 1 Start button = 47
User 1 Up D-pad = 50
User 1 Down D-pad = 51
User 1 Left D-pad = 52
User 1 Right D-pad = 53
User 1 A button (right) = 46
User 1 X button (top) = 46
User 1 L button (shoulder) = 44
User 1 A button (shoulder) = 43

Try the above input settings and see if it fixes your issue please.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@blue-spirit

I only have Classic and Gamecube controllers so i will test with those to see if they have the same issue. I will get back with results soon...

Edit:
Ok, i have tested SS mGBA with both Classic and GameCube controllers and cannot reproduce your issue. D-Pad and Analog are working correctly using both controllers for me.

Which mGBA dol are you using, 0.9.2 or 0.11-dev? Just asking so i know we are testing the same core.

-----

Load SS-mGBA core then load any game. When game launches press home button to enter menu, now select Settings/Input...

User 1 Device Type = RetroPad
User 1 Analog To Digital = Left Analog

Now scroll way down to and set...

User 1 B button (down) = 46
User 1 Y button (left) = 45
User 1 Select button = 48
User 1 Start button = 47
User 1 Up D-pad = 50
User 1 Down D-pad = 51
User 1 Left D-pad = 52
User 1 Right D-pad = 53
User 1 A button (right) = 46
User 1 X button (top) = 46
User 1 L button (shoulder) = 44
User 1 A button (shoulder) = 43

Try the above input settings and see if it fixes your issue please.
It didn't fix my issue unfortunately. I am not certain which version I am using. I am using the core from SS-Hexaeco 2023 complete mod pack. I don't have this problem with other cores I tried, just with the mgba one which is weird... I think I will try it on my Wii U and see if the problem persists there.

Edit:
I have the same problem on my Wii U as on my Wii with both my Wii U pro controllers and I am using the 0.11-dev version.. The good news is that the analog works with my Wii classic controller, which I didn't try before.

Last edited by blue-spirit,

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me a few minutes and ill link the 0.9.2 dol for you to test. Backup the current dol you are using and simply drag the 0.9.2 dol into the corresponding folder and click yes to replace.
Post automatically merged:

SS Hexaeco mGBA 0.9.2 @blue-spirit

Attachments

• Nintendo mGBA.zip
    695.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by RunningSnakes,

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Give me a few minutes and ill link the 0.9.2 dol for you to test. Backup the current dol you are using and simply drag the 0.9.2 dol into the corresponding folder and click yes to replace.
Post automatically merged:

SS Hexaeco mGBA 0.9.2 @blue-spirit
Indeed the analog input of my wii u pro controller is working fine with 0.9.2.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news. I will rollback to 0.9.2 and update the pack since the latest mGBA is a regression. Thank you for bringing this to attention.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i have a sample pack for michael jackson's moonwalker, for use on mam2003-plus. i have tried various filepaths to get it to work, but it never seems to load. for reference, i did try moonwalker with the samples on a modded snes classic and they did work. using the sega core from MAME_2003_Plus_Arcade_RA-HEXAECO_r05-11-2021. any suggestions or could anyone confirm the correct path for samples? thanks.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i have a sample pack for michael jackson's moonwalker, for use on mam2003-plus. i have tried various filepaths to get it to work, but it never seems to load. for reference, i did try moonwalker with the samples on a modded snes classic and they did work. using the sega core from MAME_2003_Plus_Arcade_RA-HEXAECO_r05-11-2021. any suggestions or could anyone confirm the correct path for samples? thanks.
If you are using the SS-HEX mod pack i put together, samples path is...

dev:/private/ARMOD/system/mame2003-plus

For RA 1.7.6 MAME 2003 Plus mod cores that Wiimpathy released, path is...

dev:/retroarch/system/mame2003-plus/samples

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol