Hacking Retroarch file paths

Whatjennie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've tryed to find this information myself but have failed. What is the path for game saves for the all the cores, mostly the gba and gb.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've tryed to find this information myself but have failed. What is the path for game saves for the all the cores, mostly the gba and gb.
Retroarch save states are saved in the same folder as the roms; same file name with the appropriate extensions. I used VBANext for a long time before using RA and continue to use the VBA folder structure for my GBA games:
/dev_hdd0/game/VBAM90000/USRDIR/roms

For example, Metroid Fusion:
/dev_hdd0/game/VBAM90000/USRDIR/roms/Metroid Fusion (U).gba
/dev_hdd0/game/VBAM90000/USRDIR/roms/Metroid Fusion (U).state1 ...or .state2, .state3, etc.

RA handles GB games with a different core, iirc. Personally, if you are mainly trying to emulate GB, GBC and GBA games on your PS3 I'd go with VBANext instead of Retroarch as VBA can handle those specific 3 without switching cores; just my two cents.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add, if you insist on using RetroArch their folder hierarchy suggests the following:

/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/roms/vba for GBA roms
/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/sram/vba for srams (traditional console "checkpoint style" saving) and
/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/savestates/vba for RTS (real time saves.)

Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1