Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

aostang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a few pages back it was said that it was "Snes 9X Next" and whoever said what it was, said it probably wasn't meant to be put in there just yet. So I doubt it's stable.
I think it'll be about as stable as every other nightly that freezes as soon as you try to load content. :-)

Reactions: DrakeLyon

spamman5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question was asked a few times in this thread but never conclusively answered, but does anybody know if the 3DS port of RetroArch supports the libretro cheat database? If so, do you just throw the repo on the SD card, or are there instructions somewhere?

aostang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question was asked a few times in this thread but never conclusively answered, but does anybody know if the 3DS port of RetroArch supports the libretro cheat database? If so, do you just throw the repo on the SD card, or are there instructions somewhere?
Some have worked for me, some haven't. NES definitely worked. GBA didn't. You can put the .cht files where ever you want. You load the file when you go to enable cheats.

Legendary Cobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it currently possible to run the retroarch .cia on a 10.5-30 firmware? I have homebrew and some retroarch cores and all that, but I want the emulators to run faster through cia.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it currently possible to run the retroarch .cia on a 10.5-30 firmware? I have homebrew and some retroarch cores and all that, but I want the emulators to run faster through cia.
Your EmuNAND can be 10.5 but your SysNAND needs to be 9.2 or below. It sounds like you have 10.5 SysNAND, so no.

Only 3 emulators run faster anyway. PCSX, gpSP and Picodrive's 32X and SVP support.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Legendary Cobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your EmuNAND can be 10.5 but your SysNAND needs to be 9.2 or below. It sounds like you have 10.5 SysNAND, so no.

Only 3 emulators run faster anyway. PCSX, gpSP and Picodrive's 32X and SVP support.
Thanks! Is there any way to reset my SysNAND to 9.2 or below, im trying to speed up the PCSX and gpSP

treebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this really annoying flicker in Super Metroid's HUD when moving between rooms. If I put a filter on it stops, but the filters drop the fps. Is there a way to fix this?

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was goofin' and gaffin' with the Video Settings (Amazing how much better they look 1:1 with no Bilinear Filtering)

But my issue is the fact that 1:1 is a bit too small for *some* consoles. Like the GBA and GB/C.

Is there anyway to set it so only *some* consoles get one aspect ratio and some others get a different one? Even if I have to set it up for every emulator?

Edit: Also can someone link me to a .CIA pack with the newest *STABLE* releases for ALL emulators?

Last edited by NightsOwl,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
^Per-core settings is something we've been requesting for months for this reason, myself included.

We can only assume that it must be more difficult to implement than it sounds.

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Hey all,

I'm having an issue running Neo Geo games.

I am getting
:: Failed to start audio driver. Will continue without audio.

But it doesn't. It crashes. It doesn't matter if I switch the sound from csnd to dsp or not, I get this error anyways. I have dumped the dspfirm.cdc file with Rinnegatamante's tool and it is residing in /3ds/

What am I doing wrong?

N3DS / CIA 2-06-2016 build

CaptainN_DK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After updating, I'm running into a problem on the main menu of every emulator.
I can navigate the menus until I click on "Load Content" Then it just freeze and don't go any further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo