Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to fake the duelshock controller? Ape escape loads fine but it wont let me past the "Put in duelshock controller" screen

Raphael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where do I get a "full" stable release? Gpsp 2-07 doesnt really work for me. Bios should be in the right place on my n3ds 10.5 emunand. Using the .cia version.
It crashes right when I press "load content" immediately after starting up and waiting for the bottom text to be finished. Do I need to press something else first?

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

aostang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I get a "full" stable release? Gpsp 2-07 doesnt really work for me. Bios should be in the right place on my n3ds 10.5 emunand. Using the .cia version.
It crashes right when I press "load content" immediately after starting up and waiting for the bottom text to be finished. Do I need to press something else first?
Try 02-06. Maybe that was the cutoff for the last time Load Content worked.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be in Core Options -> Pad 1 Type. Change it from "standard" to "analog" and it should work.
I cant find Core Options in the settings, but that sounds like it would work

Edit: Nvm found it and it worked! thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ape escape one has a slow framerate and to play you have to mess around with the controls a lot

Last edited by Returnofganon,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Really? Didn't know that.

I guess O3DS users should use blargSnes. New 3DS users should have one of the CATSFC varients as their base. pocketSnes is mostly useful for more demanding games like Super FX games. Not really much point using it for Mario All-Stars.

Raphael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The 2-06 nightly gpsp worked for loading content but it crashes at the same time for two different Fire Emblem games in a really weird way. I see my top homemenu screen, hear a (less loud?) version of the music that plays in the menu, and the bottom screen is black (I turned off the text beforehand). I also hear a very loud drrrrdrrrrdrrrr kind of noise, and I have to turn it off. Where would I find the stable releases? I seem to have overlooked them.

Using n3ds .cia version, 10.5 ReiNand.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 2-06 nightly gpsp worked for loading content but it crashes at the same time for two different Fire Emblem games in a really weird way. I see my top homemenu screen, hear a (less loud?) version of the music that plays in the menu, and the bottom screen is black (I turned off the text beforehand). I also hear a very loud drrrrdrrrrdrrrr kind of noise, and I have to turn it off. Where would I find the stable releases? I seem to have overlooked them.

Using n3ds .cia version, 10.5 ReiNand.
Stable release, in either 3dsx or cia.

Reactions: zfreeman

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Stable release, in either 3dsx or cia.

It would be too much if I ask for separate downloads for just the stable cia builds of libretro? I mean, I don't have a fast internet. Having to wait an hour and a half to get a 131 MB package while being only interested in one or two is a pain...

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well 1.3.0 is perfect for me GPSP and GAMBETTE only the GBA needed settings tweaked to run full playable speed .. I have rom hacks like Ash grey and Touhoumon Another World and normal games like mario tennis and sims bustin out that seem to run fine even english patched dragon quest caravan run I can't get the other builds to work correct I hit load content they crash thats the only build that loads content with no crashes and that goes for the GB\GBC one too only that build lets me load content ..

3DS XL

I oddly have yet to have any crashes or issues while playing any of the games ... So the stable seems the best way to go

Last edited by AshleyCummings,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4