Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with the Latest GW Exploit on the latest Version: Are you having problems with RA Loading Cores? I cant get mine to load fully. Gets to the Main Menu and wont let me do anything.

Even on the Latest Release. Can not do anything. Other Emulators and Games work fine.

Last edited by Smoker1,

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ok, this is more of a request related to HANs, but I'm still gonna post it here (because why not)?
Could anyone here pull off booting ROMs straight from The Homebrew Launcher? So what I'm saying is, the icon on the homebrew launcher will boot up HANs which will run a code on one of Retroarch emulators which will automatically boot up a game.
Kind of a neat idea, eh?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is more of a request related to HANs, but I'm still gonna post it here (because why not)?
Could anyone here pull off booting ROMs straight from The Homebrew Launcher? So what I'm saying is, the icon on the homebrew launcher will boot up HANs which will run a code on one of Retroarch emulators which will automatically boot up a game.
Kind of a neat idea, eh?

Already implemented into Retroarch. Just create a document in this format, save as an xml and drop it in your "3DS" folder:

Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/3DS/gpsp_libretro/gpsp_libretro.3dsx</executable>
    <icon>/3DS/gpsp_libretro/gpsp_libretro.smdh</icon>
        <arg>/roms/gba/1.gba</arg>
</shortcut>

For FBA and MAME, be sure to copy/paste the "Targets Selectable" portion from their designated xml's.

Last edited by Sir_Voe,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Is there any way to speed up the catsfc, just a little? Yoshi's Island is very close to fullspeed now! I get around 47-57 fps. So is there any trick to speedboost catsfc?

(I haven't been trying RetroArch for a month. The gpsp seems fullspeed now too :))

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I never had anything wrong with the recent 3dsx nightlies
As I said before,set your audio driver to CSND, and Audio resampler driver to nearest

Last edited by pdapanda,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Anyone with the Latest GW Exploit on the latest Version: Are you having problems with RA Loading Cores? I cant get mine to load fully. Gets to the Main Menu and wont let me do anything.

Even on the Latest Release. Can not do anything. Other Emulators and Games work fine.
Are you definately using the latest 3.5.1 and not 3.5? 3.5 was broken with .cia files.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the VERY latest one. I went back to 3.4, went to the 8Nov15 Build of RA and it worked perfectly. Then I went to the very latest GW again and RA still works. So I am guessing something is different with the RA Builds after 8 Nov.

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I started using a XML for nxengine (to load the .exe instantly at the boot, instead of having to navigate to the right folder and selecting it). But my input configuration turned back to the default (shooting with A instead of Y) and though I can change it back, everytime and exit and open the core again it change back to the default, even if I save a new config. Anyone can help me?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, are the input configurations shared by the cores or I can configure them individually?

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Having issues as well, cant go up or down in menus, i ended up using nov 8 nighty

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not add TempGBA core since that one has better compatibility and better speed (even on a ds and psp) than the current gpsp. Although it stills doesn't work with Boktai 1. The only emulator that I have used that works with Boktai is MyBoy! for Android (I wonder what code makes Boktai playable).

Reactions: RegularMoron

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why not add TempGBA core since that one has better compatibility and better speed (even on a ds and psp) than the current gpsp. Although it stills doesn't work with Boktai 1. The only emulator that I have used that works with Boktai is MyBoy! for Android (I wonder what code makes Boktai playable).

Maybe it's hacked with the Solar Sensor or there is a solar sensor for myboy

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering (as I finally got around to trying it) could the 3dsx builds of pcsx ever get to full speed (on n3ds) without kernel, or is it too limited? On a related note, what exactly do we gain from kernel access that the standard hbl doesn't have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols