Homebrew Question Retroarch cheat search doesn't works

KnightHart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
When I'm trying to use cheat search on retroarch for switch it always shows the same number of matches on all nes and genesis cores. All search yields returns different amount of addresses. On snes9x core all search yields returns same amount of addresses. On pcsx rearmed I'm getting "Searching has not been initialized/started" message. Is it normal and cheat search hasn't been done yet or I'm only one with this issue?

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, it works. It just isn't clearing invalid results. I don't know about PCSX, but with the snes9x same result thing it's just not correctly culling the list of invalid results. You can see how many you actually have by scrolling down to the entry that lets you browse results and going right until you hit ones that are at 0x00000000 or whatever the respective address is.

I was getting 19000 results no matter what on a SMRPG code until I tried that and it turned out I'd spent probably six or seven cycles of code searching with one actual result stored.

It's a bug, but it's one you can work around until they fix it.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I am getting stuck with 9363 Results on FBA and FBA Neo on damn near every Device I have. So I am guessing that if I feel if I have done enough Searches, the Results I want should be at the top of the List? Or is it so bad that it is would not matter, it would include False Results?

EDIT - NOTE - Not sure what is wrong with the Cheat Search for the Vita, Switch and possibly the Android Builds, but when you Search for Cheats, you get stuck after your 2nd Updated Search. However, I found that the PC (x64) Builds seem to be working fine. So until it gets fixed, suggest using the PC Version to find Codes, then just copy them over once you have found them.
@KnightHart

Last edited by Smoker1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night