Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BTW, what exactly were the issues with classic controllers in the first release? If it was just the sticks going in wrong directions, then we might give our edited wiiuse code a second try.

Can we get a reply to this again? To the person who first reported the problem with his CC Pro on the first release - please PM me.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be sure to test Snes9x Next and Nestopia more today.

No, I need to know if the Classic Controller Pro in the first release just suffered from the aforementioned issues or whether the entire pad didn't work. That's all I need to know - and said person who can confirm this should PM me so he can test out a build for me with the custom Wiiuse put in again.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, I need to know if the Classic Controller Pro in the first release just suffered from the aforementioned issues or whether the entire pad didn't work. That's all I need to know - and said person who can confirm this should PM me so he can test out a build for me with the custom Wiiuse put in again.
The first version of 0.9.8 had the browser in the menu screen constantly going up and it was doing the same in game as if someone was pushing directions on the dpad or analog but i wasnt touching anything. The second version the one that is on the main download page now doesnt do that anymore but the left joystick directions are all mixed up the dpad is fine tho.

Reactions: MassiveRican

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was talking about the audio desync and Snes9x... I should have specified that (d'oh!)

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Freshly compiled from source:

With HAVE_WIIUSE_MOD = 0 : left analog is fixed (ToadKing commit)
With HAVE_WIIUSE_MOD = 1 : same as before (directions all mixed up)

I tested by unplugging and plugging again to skip menus and start a game (FCEUmm) which uses 4 directions: (1942, Gradius...)

It seems left analog DOWN,LEFT and right analog RIGHT are pushed simultaneously (ship is stuck is left-down corner and game is on fast forward)
By deactivating Dpad emulation (CCP unplugged to navigate menus) and going back into the game (CCP plugged back): ship is normal, responds to dpad as expected but game is still on fast forward

btw, Tanuki here.

kelvinml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the updates are awesome to the new version of Retroarch. I love being able to see the awesome scanlines with there proper resolution on my crt. Definetly my favorite emulator without none of the annoying pops in the music and sound.

BTW: I wanted to point out that R-Type for the Mednafen PCE Fast is pretty much unplayable due to the graphics being all distorted and the controls are all messed up. I have tested 5 other roms on PCE Fast and they all work grea. The R-Type rom I used, I tested it out with WiiMednafen and it plays and looks normal.

nintygaming

No Longer An Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the updates are awesome to the new version of Retroarch. I love being able to see the awesome scanlines with there proper resolution on my crt. Definetly my favorite emulator without none of the annoying pops in the music and sound.

BTW: I wanted to point out that R-Type for the Mednafen PCE Fast is pretty much unplayable due to the graphics being all distorted and the controls are all messed up. I have tested 5 other roms on PCE Fast and they all work grea. The R-Type rom I used, I tested it out with WiiMednafen and it plays and looks normal.

Does your PCE games have weird vertical scrolling issues too? Or is it just Bonk's Revenge that has this problem?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I dunno what could be the problem - I'm using the latest Mednafen PCE Fast core - changes should be minimal and only necessary for actually compiling it on other compilers that previously were not compatible.

I'll check it out I guess - although it could be just a regression.

kelvinml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your PCE games have weird vertical scrolling issues too? Or is it just Bonk's Revenge that has this problem?

I just tried out Bonk's Revenge and yes I do have that weird vertical scrolling issue but I have not noticed that in other PCE games that I have tried. The R-Type issue is different from the vertical scrolling issue however and is much worse.

nintygaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried out Bonk's Revenge and yes I do have that weird vertical scrolling issue but I have not noticed that in other PCE games that I have tried. The R-Type issue is different from the vertical scrolling issue however and is much worse.

It makes me wonder if the supplied video modes are 100% perfect. By that I mean, is 256x239 for Bonk's Revenge actually and "truly" 256x239, not 255x238 or 255.5x239.5. Reason I say this is because when you play the arcade version of Final Fight in FBA, it has the same issue as Bonk's Revenge IF the video mode is not set correctly. Like if you use 352x224 instead of 384x224, then the horizontal scrolling has the same weird wavy/tearing effect that Bonk's Revenge does.

I'm really curious about these video modes now.....haha.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It makes me wonder if the supplied video modes are 100% perfect. By that I mean, is 256x239 for Bonk's Revenge actually and "truly" 256x239, not 255x238 or 255.5x239.5. Reason I say this is because when you play the arcade version of Final Fight in FBA, it has the same issue as Bonk's Revenge IF the video mode is not set correctly. Like if you use 352x224 instead of 384x224, then the horizontal scrolling has the same weird wavy/tearing effect that Bonk's Revenge does.

I'm really curious about these video modes now.....haha.
There's something called output resolution and actual visible output resolution.
Results may vary depending on the rom you try to play.

gameBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I noticed this with R-Type too and sound issues on other games. But .....I turned off "rewind" and everything was okay then.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I noticed this with R-Type too and sound issues on other games. But .....I turned off "rewind" and everything was okay then.

Aha!

Yeah, rewind can sometimes be error prone. (for instance, Neo Geo games on FBA will not work with rewind on - it will give you a 'Video RAM' error). But did it really affect the visuals in this case? Because that's a first.

The way rewind works, it basically 'save states' into memory (instead of saving to disk) for every #amount of frames. So if for whatever reason a core can't handle that, you will run into very strange bugs. Most of the cores seem to handle it just fine but there are exceptions (such as Neo-Geo on FBA and - I guess - Mednafen PC Engine here).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just tried r-type again. Strange, the game was distorted. rewind was off.
Yes, I can confirm this.
Also military madness has the same corruption after the title screen.
Battle royal, Cadash, champions forever boxing, davis cup tennis, final lap twin, ghost manor, klax, legend of hero toma, ninja spirit, order of the griffon, panza kick boxing, side arms hyperdyne, tv sports basketball-football - hockey, yo bro,also have this problem. ALL ARE USA ROMS I tested.

When will a fix be released for the ccpro issues? It also seems, the controls with ccpro aren't always registering Y button or simultane button presses.
Right now I am using the fix that toadking posted, and the inputs are also sticking in the gui and emus at random intervals using ccpro.

nintygaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found why TG16 games in 256x239 have vertical scrolling tearing. The only thing I can come up with is that the 239 vertical mode is off by a few lines. Reason I say this is because some textures are not uniform or are out of wack. If you really want to see what I'm referring to, then put it in 256x239 mode, then boot up Neutopia (new game, no saves), and go to the first cave on the right and look at the floor tiles and notice that they are not perfectly rectangular, yet they are suppose to be. You can also spot the non-uniformness in the grass outside of the cave, but its more noticeable on the cave's floor tiles.

So basically the 239 vertical appears to be "off" by a line or two. Remember, TG16 games are usually 256x239.

Hope this can get fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw