Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
im use only this emu for arcade: result only one emu work cps2. cps1 and neo geo give an error rom loading for wiiflow. :angry:

helyblackstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the new version of Retroarch!!!!:bow:

The new resolutions modes are great for me. Now I can play in 240p mode my games using the native resolution of each console im my CRT. Works perfect....:hrth:

But in vertical arcade games when in 240p I can not changes the aspect ratio these games....only works good in 640x480i, but in this resolution the flickers still happening...:(

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I was testing Doom wads with prboom using prboom.wad from official pack and prboom.dol as Wiiflow plugin (tried 2.5.0 and latest ones from 0.9.8 and 0.9.8.1 packs)
all games worked with v2.5.0 except Doom3.wad (Doom 1 2 TNT and Plutonia are ok)
with latest prboom.dol lower part of screen is missing (can't see prboom version games start but codedump after pressing "Home")

So seems like old dol is working better as a plugin in WiiFlow.
Anyone has a working Doom3.
Thanks and great work :)
screenies:
6cJq0je.jpg

U3bDSw2.jpg

srouRnP.jpg

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
:hrth::bow: Thank the coding Gods for the RA Team, you guys have done a marvelous job, I'm sure there will be a few bugs that will be ironed out in the coming weeks/months and wanted to thank you for all the time, effort and attention to care and detail that you guys put into RA-Wii. An excellent port as well, can't wait for future release plans and bug fixes. You guys are the best.

I have a broken iPhone 3GS, works fine but touchscreen and LCD are broken, if you have a hookup that can replace both for a moderately cheap price it's well worth it. I can confirm that it works since I had a store temporarily put both a new LCD and Touchscreen on so I could get some very important info out of the phone prior to putting my fucked up broken screen back on.

Unfortunately the cheapest I could get the phone fixed around here was $100 since both the LCD and touch screen are damaged. It's a 3GS so it's cheaper to fix then any 4 or 5 model. Does anyone here know of a good place, or even online retailer where I can get it fixed cheaper? I'm like to donate mine since I have a new iPhone but I don't think LibRetroArch is interested in a busted/broken iPhone lol.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
And Abz you're the resident testing psychonaut, glad to see you're doing some stuff over here cuz I'm sure you can provide some great info the RA team. Woot woot getting excited!!

Edit: Sorry for the DP. Quick question, what are the retroarch-0.9.8-nowiiusehack.zip dol's all about in the 0.9.8 package. What can I use them for? Does that have to do with the CCP issue?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks MassiveRican
I have a question too, old revs used to have cps1 and cps2 while latest has "cp2" only is that a new dol with both cores?
also tested latest gambatte and got save display corruption described in prboom above. looks like a new display lib with a bug or something.
Anyways I'll test the other dols and keep u posted.
Later :)

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was testing Doom wads with prboom using prboom.wad from official pack and prboom.dol as Wiiflow plugin (tried 2.5.0 and latest ones from 0.9.8 and 0.9.8.1 packs)
all games worked with v2.5.0 except Doom3.wad (Doom 1 2 TNT and Plutonia are ok)
with latest prboom.dol lower part of screen is missing (can't see prboom version games start but codedump after pressing "Home")

So seems like old dol is working better as a plugin in WiiFlow.
Anyone has a working Doom3.
Thanks and great work :)
screenies:
6cJq0je.jpg

U3bDSw2.jpg

srouRnP.jpg

Did you try another resolution? Not sure what the deall is with prboom on Wii - might have to test it - assumed it would be fine.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks MassiveRican
I have a question too, old revs used to have cps1 and cps2 while latest has "cp2" only is that a new dol with both cores?
also tested latest gambatte and got save display corruption described in prboom above. looks like a new display lib with a bug or something.
Anyways I'll test the other dols and keep u posted.
Later :)

There is no need for a 'FBACores CPS1' version - all of those ROMs are small and the only reason for 'FBACores' anyway is the small amount of RAM on the Wii - that's why you see no 'FBACores' on PS3/360/Android/PC to begin with. It's a curse more than a blessing to have to do this.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but how does RetroArch Wii compare to the suite of emulators from Tantric? Namely Snes9x GX. Are there any benefits or negatives other than having the emulators in one package?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quality control has clearly failed for this release - I'm sorry about this and will do a thorough check the next time personally myself to make sure issues like this don't happen ever again. We had to do a lot of internal changes for the Android port where we had to support both 32bit RGBX8888 video and 16bit RGB565 video and it appears our video rendering code for the GX port right now has some bugs right now coping with that.

Rest assured this will be fixed and preferably this week - it has been a lot and a lot of work putting all this together and I believe we might just have 'rushed' the release out of the door to the console ports' detriment. Might have been better waiting another week but the pressure was on to get Android out of the door after all this time and I did a lot of internal changes for the console ports to make sure there was something 'release worthy' in there and to make sure it was far more maintainable in the future.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
btw just found out that setting screen resolution (not aspect ratio) to 640x480i fixed the display issue but still pressing Home then "+" exits instead of displaying the menu.
anyways, thanks for your help :)

Yeah, that's the problem with supporting so many resolutions and aspect ratios I guess - some glitches might pop up with certain combinations.

Anyways, we'll be taking a serious look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==