Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AWESOME JOB ON THE FIXES!

Also Nestopia seems to have problem loading a few games, namely kid dracula ( akoumajou dracula? ) mapper 23.
( not sure if I posted it allready...)
GREAT JOB!
I can tell you are one hell of a coder!

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanna thank the retroarch developers for their hard work, patience and dedication to getting a version as featured as this running on Wii. I haven't had a chance to start properly using retroarch yet but I damn well intend to asap and can't wait, (gambatte, nestopia, and more is massive... RA and genesis plus = escape)
I hope in the future to use it both standalone from HBC and from wiiflow's emuflow front end..
Anyway it's class so thanks a shitload :grog:

Reactions: MassiveRican

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've noticed that with version 0.9.8.3, in the bottom-right of the screen it still shows version 0.9.8.1
Is it just me?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've noticed that with version 0.9.8.3, in the bottom-right of the screen it still shows version 0.9.8.1
Is it just me?

You are not using the 0.9.8.3 version then.I dunno if ToadKing updated the OP or not (I think he did). Anyway, I have no ownership rights over the OP so I depend on the owner of the OP to update it.

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks, guess there'll never be full speed GBA emulation for Wii users.

I use gpSP on my psp and it runs all the roms i throw at it at full speed. I was surprised when I played Pokemon Emerald on Tantric gba emulator only to experience lag (not a issue with RetroArch :) ). Surely the wii got more horse power than a psp. I hope later on, we get a gba emulator running at full speed.

Anyone know of any speedhacks for gba roms?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use gpSP on my psp and it runs all the roms i throw at it at full speed. I was surprised when I played Pokemon Emerald on Tantric gba emulator only to experience lag (not a issue with RetroArch :) ). Surely the wii got more horse power than a psp. I hope later on, we get a gba emulator running at full speed.

Anyone know of any speedhacks for gba roms?

I need a gpSP version with an interpreter core that is not reliant on recompiler-specific code- that is currently what I am missing in notaz' gpsp fork when trying to compile it for PPC.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet, Snow Bros is the tits. Definitely gonna fire that one up in the next release! Thank you!

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are not using the 0.9.8.3 version then.I dunno if ToadKing updated the OP or not (I think he did). Anyway, I have no ownership rights over the OP so I depend on the owner of the OP to update it.
Nope. Redownloaded the last version from your post (both from anonfiles and multiupload) overwrited it on the SD but it still shows a wrong version number in the interface (0.9.8.1):unsure:

meta.xml, *.txt and nfo all show 0.9.8.3

Solved. Stupid me. I had the old fb alpha core loaded.
All the other cores show the correct version of RA

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Cue the "I've caused enough trouble here, I will never post here again and threaten suicide" post. Followed by yet another post, seriously, we are lucky we get any feedback from the devs on progress, more time posting on forums means less time working on their project. Chill out.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Gauntlet is broken on level 4, Gauntlet 2 turns into a garbled graphical mess very early aswell. Also no sound samples? I assume those are for the 'samples' folder. Anyways excellent work gentlemen, looking forward to when the Neo-Geo core is updated and the release of the MAME core.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure - go ahead.

Controls are sluggish because most SuperFX games (except for the 2D-based Yoshi's Island) had really, really bad framerates - and even SNES9x' faster rate isn't helping out much there.

In Doom SNES's case - I believe that game is still not running at fullspeed (I think with Debug Text it reports something like 54-50fps or so). Anyway, I'm reasonably confident I can come up with a speed hack for all of the remaining SuperFX games so that they can run fullspeed like Star Fox 1/Yoshi's Island (even though Yoshi's Island can still dip in for instance level 1-7 when you touch a fuzzy).

that would be awesome! :D

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I added Famicom Disk System support to Nestopia. Disk changing is done by pressing the RetroPad Y Button.

The BIOS file should go into the system directory and it should be called disksys.rom.

If you get any problems of the sort DISK A / B ERR 07' - pressing Y button again or letting it run its course should do it.

NOTE - Famicom Disk System loading is slow, so you might be tempted to fast forward through most of it. However, I'd advise caution when doing so and to savestate regularly in case 'fast forwarding' can negatively affect disk loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night