bobdown Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Rien audio Sync off Also...but game Can be sometimes too fast

2. wheres that?

3. Graxer

Graxer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Retroarch specifically emphasise the improved performance making games run full speed on the New 3DS, but will this update improve performance on other platforms? Will there be a similar performance improvement on, for example, the Pi Zero or the Vita? Or is this just simply a configuration change they have made when compiling to enable the renderer within the 3DS build.

Last edited by Graxer, Oct 7, 2019
  4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    No, this was made specifically for the 3ds. You would have to completely remake everything for the other consoles or emulators.

Graxer likes this.
  5. Tac 21

Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    is gundam battle assault 2 playable?

6. Entonghibang

Entonghibang Member
    Newcomer

which is better .pbp or .chd format? because I am planning to convert all my ps1 roms.

7. lonestarrisk

lonestarrisk Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Chd

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have everything from blood omen to warhawk running via chd. Brave fencer musashi is the only game giving me trouble.

8. NotReallySteve

NotReallySteve Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    If I run something from the recent playlist it crashes. Anyone else get this?

9. nickerous

nickerous GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been playing through Castlevania SoTN in chd format. Only noticed three slowdowns so far and I'm almost done with the first castle. Nothing terrible though, just minor slowdowns.

I'd like to go through MGS next but when I started it, there was noticable slowdown throughout the beginning.

10. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    Basically for cutscenes there are slowdowns, the rest is smooth. Don't remember if I tested the PAL or US version.

11. Zinx

Zinx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Music stopped working for Rayman after I played the game for awhile.
    It's weird because other music like the "finish level" music works.
    I got the latest retroarch builds.

12. Leeg

Leeg Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm playing Digimon World 2003 PAL at 50fps (max for PAL games) stable and it's perfect... but the game crashes randomly and triggers an ARM11 exception on Luma sometimes on screen transitions. It's impossible to play like that because you can lose hours of gameplay if not saving often. Is there an option to avoid these crashes?

I'm using a .bin and .cue turned into .chd and latest stable Retroarch version.

Last edited by Leeg, Oct 17, 2019
  13. Zense

Italy
    I believe the latest stable is the least stable option right now. You can try a nightly. Otherwise disable onscreen notifications and maybe the bottom screen.

Leeg likes this.
  14. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The developers don't divulge their knowledge to the public. It's been like that forever.
    It's also a "tradition" that the "stable" Retroarch release for 3DS is actually unusable. Nobody knows why they don't test it before releasing the built.
    We are relying on people randomly installing nightlies, and reporting if they work. I installed the Oct 8 nightly and it works very well (PSX Rearmed at least). Others report this as well. However more testing of recent nightlies should be encouraged.

Leeg likes this.
  15. Leeg

Leeg Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Just installed the Oct8 nightly and got an ARM11 exception prefetch abort after loading my save from the memory card :(
    I guess I will have to wait until the releases are more stable than this...

By the way, when I want to change my retroarch version, I uninstall retroarch and de pcsx rearmed core and install the new CIA files but I don't move the whole retroarch folder again to the SD, should I update these files too every time I change my current retroarch version?

16. Zense

Italy
    Normally, and sadly yes. At least overwrite the old .cias in the retroarch cores folder for the cores you use. Also, I recommend deleting the settings files, though I can't promise you it helps.

Last edited by Zense, Oct 18, 2019
    Leeg likes this.
  17. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I know the emulator only runs at full speed on New models, but is it possible to run simpler or 2D games like MegaMan X4 on Old 3DS?

18. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would give it a shot. On my N3DS it's starting to crap out on detailed 3D renderings. So I can imagine that simple 2D games will be fine on O3DS. Please test it and report back here. Try the latest nightly. If it crashes, try Oct. 8 next.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I would test retroarch nightlies more frequently if I could a) avoid taking the SD card out, b) avoid the lengthy process of FTPing (or whatever) thousands of files, which brings the 3DS to its knees, and apparently nothing can be done about it except for using FTPd on the device and setting the client on the PC to 1 file simultaneous transfer only).

It would be easier if we had an unzipping homebrew tool on the 3DS, but it doesn't seem to exist. Am I wrong?

Moon164 likes this.
  19. RaCuGa

RaCuGa Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    On the o3DS it wont even open. At least on my console, having latest Luma and everything.
    Anyway there is an old vversion that works on the o3DS, but... well... 2fps on Spyro. I dont even tried other games XD

20. lolman9999

lolman9999 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Never would have expected ps1 to run on 3ds before wii u lol.
    Snake? Snake?!
    SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - RetroArch, possible, renderer