Target... Illumiati... All conected...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a Retro Game Challenge undub? Now that I've seen a few more Game Center CX episodes and learned more about the game's development, I really want to hear what kid!Arino sounds like in Japanese (but, for obvious language-barrier reasons, don't want to get a Japanese ROM).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look the games each have 2 SDAT sound files in the sound directory and they appear identical in layout (different contents once you get to the STRM sections but the same file order, structure and whatever else) so it should support a standard undub (take sounds from game you want the sounds from and use them to replace the ones in the game you otherwise have the text/levels/whatever you like in).

If the game fails to boot/work when you have done that it is almost certainly a problem with ndstool (which is the program DSlazy and DSbuff use to do their dirty work) so grab a copy of http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-nitroexplorer-2b-f7301.html and try that instead if that happens.

Sora de Eclaune

Target... Illumiati... All conected...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a look the games each have 2 SDAT sound files in the sound directory and they appear identical in layout (different contents once you get to the STRM sections but the same file order, structure and whatever else) so it should support a standard undub (take sounds from game you want the sounds from and use them to replace the ones in the game you otherwise have the text/levels/whatever you like in).

If the game fails to boot/work when you have done that it is almost certainly a problem with ndstool (which is the program DSlazy and DSbuff use to do their dirty work) so grab a copy of http://filetrip.net/...r-2b-f7301.html and try that instead if that happens.
Um...I wasn't asking if it would work... I was asking if there was already one made.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If the game fails to boot/work when you have done that it is almost certainly a problem with ndstool (which is the program DSlazy and DSbuff use to do their dirty work) so grab a copy of http://filetrip.net/...r-2b-f7301.html and try that instead if that happens.
Um...I wasn't asking if it would work... I was asking if there was already one made.
Why don't you try doing it yourself, undubs are pretty simple, and because of what Fast posted this seems to be the same way.

Plus, if you can't do it, I'll make one for you and send it to you.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i love this kind of thread: loose more than 3 days of time for something that takes less than 5min to do.

@[member='Sora']: here are the detailed instructions in how to do it:
- get usa (or eur if there is one) and jap version of the game
-get dslazy or nitro explorer (link in Fast post)
-split both rom with one of the program mentioned
-copy the 2 .sdat files from the splitted jap rom to the usa splitted rom (naturally in the same folder as the original) and overwrite the old ones
-rebuid the usa rom again with one of the 2 programs mentioned
-keep your finger crossed and enjoy your undubbed game on an emu or your R4.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strictly speaking unless it is the case that the Japanese sounds were axed or sidelined in the main game* we do not share undub patches as the Japanese audio is still copyrighted after all (not to mention issues with patch building). On top of this for most DS games it is a trivial hack (unpack Japanese and NA or EU ROMs using one of the many available tools, replace NA/EU sounds with those of Japanese game - there are two files with the extension sdat here as opposed to the usual one and rebuild US/EU rom with the Japanese sounds in place of the NA/EU ones).
The only troubles come when something is actually changed (Spectral Force Genesis lost voice acting and Megaman ZX has some stuff too) or the SDAT layout changes which goes back to proper hack or ndstool (which DSbuff and DSlazy use behind the scenes) fails to work properly which just means you use nitro explorer or a proper injection method (pad and use ndsts and I think Tinke has some decent injection abilities on all counts these days).

*technically portrait of ruin has Japanese sounds in the SDAT but they sidelined unless you press L and A to start something from the menu so you could repoint that which is a proper hack in that you have to know your way around the SDAT format to do it well.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It obviously warms candles
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    why would you need your candles warmed?
    is this like a fetish thing
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Because they obviously need to be warmed
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    The person who made the image was probably just thinking of wax melts and said candles shit happens
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Although the wax of a candle could probably be melted down and repurposed with a fresh wick sometimes the wick burns out and the jar is still full
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    I dont think a candle is ever going to work on there.
    no they're actually called candle warmers
    +1
    Thought that was a mug warmer.
    what i don't get is, if you want the smell, but not the ambience of burning a scented candle, why dont you just get an aromatherapy oil diffuser, scented candles are shit anyway they barely smell
    +1
    @M4x1mumReZ they're used for that, but they're called candle warmers
    +1
    I don't get why they would name it that.
    You wouldn't melt a candle with this, as if it was too big for example then the wax would flood the holder.
    That's my theory btw
    apparently people use them to melt scented candles instead of burning them which sounds like a very roundabout way to accomplish something
    +1
    It would be more recommended though for wax melts.
    yeah you use candles that come in jars, apparently
    +1
    You can get those small yankee candles.
    They come in tiny little jars.
    These are what I am on about.
    i've seen them
    +1
    Me too
    Really nice to have.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Really nice to have.