cdesign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

I m using 1.7.8 version of retro arch
And I get many crashes : after running a game and closing it using close content , It frequently crash when trying to load another one. When attempting to load retroarch again (always with home brew loader (maintaining L on startup) it totally crashes asking me to press on off button 12 seconds long.

Is it a known problem ?
Doesn’t someone using the latest nighly can say if it s better than in my stable version ?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have you used older versions of retroarch without issues?

is your sd card formatted to fat32?
if it's exfat, data might have been corrupted (switch homebrew and exfat don't mix well).

have you recently gotten a new, very cheap sd card? it might be a fake.

if the card is real and fat32 formatted, try removing retroarch folder, downloading it new and trying again. maybe use the nightly from a day or two ago (or the current stable one) if the newest is causing issues

cdesign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After your done and want to change to a different core use the restart retroarch function to avoid crashes.

Thanks :) will try ... is this a know bug ? Will a recent nightly resolve this problem ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nightly from 15.09.2019 is fine.
Will try so ! Do I have to quit retroarch between the use of different cores?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    being poor and healthy is the worst case scenario because you have the longest amount of time to "enjoy" being poor
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    Yeah back in my late teens I used to mow about 10 lawns every two weeks for $35 a yard. It was stupid big yards I knew where paying a lot more than that to lawn care companies in a some what up tier gated community a few blocks from the area I lived. Was great getting $700 a month with no bills at the time and good excercise too, now I have bills so I never have any money to buy things.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yet kids are always like I WANNA BE ADULT
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish I could go back to 14, living at home free and little to no worries.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kids still have bs getting manipulated easily, believing dumb youtube content etc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If I could go back, I'd be more of a horn ball than I am now. I'd be chasing all the girls I never had the balls to back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd drop out of school sooner
    Yeah I would probably drop out sooner too, the country ass high school I went to wouldn't know intelligence if it hit the up side the head.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used to play those goonies games on NES, used to piss me off
    I think the most frustrating nes game as a kid to me was contra.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i got school tomorrow, night yall
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Imagine still going to school in 2024... Wild times we live in.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    @BigOnYa My most-hated game on the NES was gilligan's island. Couldn't figure out the controls. Played it on actual hardware. Super frustrating, and boring as shit.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Blue name in chat :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Jayro, you realize not everyone is the same age here right
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Jayro reminds me of GYRO! :P
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm not a greek taco. "Jayro" is pronounced similar to "J.Lo" (Jennifer Lopez). Not "Gyro" like gyroscope or the pitabread taco thing...
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    "Jay-row" Like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, Hello