Hacking Retail Retroarch is back!

rhawes31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"There is a 16gb limit that has been privately bypassed already"

Are you willing to give some information for this? I am running into this myself on the Series S.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"There is a 16gb limit that has been privately bypassed already"

Mind sharing how this is accomplished please? This is the biggest drawback so far.

SundayWarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ban for what? Firmware without modification, arch from microsoft store, and retroarch free without licenses. Bios'es and iso's - warez, but you can download what do you want from internet explorer.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind sharing how this is accomplished please? This is the biggest drawback so far.

Any update in 16gb limit ? Would love to allocate 100gb for it... this would give plenty of space.

For anyone who wants to know how to by pass the 16gb limit. You can run PS2, Wii, GameCube, etc games off USB now, this was the big reason why the 16gb limit was a big issue...

You do need a special version. The roms MUST be under 4.1gb (Will games need to be compressed, and same with some PS2 games). This is a RetroArch Limit. Of course, FAT32 format OR NTFS but, still a rom limit size of 4.1gb

I discussed this on Discord the other night as I really want to use Retail to use RetroArch (takes too long to reboot and too many limits) and got all these details.

Once your approved, you go here to download the newest version on your Xbox (you can do it on the PC so you can see the guides, even directions up there)

gamr13 - repo

Drop a nice USB 3.0 or 3.1 drive, like I did with a 128gb USB 3.0 drive and NOW you can have RetroArch on Retail and not be limited on space for roms.

Your welcome :)

Last edited by DavidinCT,

shikinami02

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Drop a nice USB 3.0 or 3.1 drive, like I did with a 128gb USB 3.0 drive and NOW you can have RetroArch on Retail and not be limited on space for roms.
I have Xbox Series X, Gamr13 repo's Retroarch and Gamr13 repo's config for Xbox series X (all in RETAIL Mode)

But I have 3 Problems questions:
1. PS2 Games didnt start (black screen and nothing) What can i do wrong? installed Retroarch, copied config with ps2 bios and all other stuff
2. External NTFS Storage didnt work for ps2 Games (though they didnt start it takes more time for retroarch to try to start it. Retroarch definitely copies it to internal storage first. Hot to fix it?
3. Can Retroarch start 7zip or any other archive? My favourite ps2 games like Persona 3 Fez weights for about 4.3 gigs.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

SundayWarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have Xbox Series X, Gamr13 repo's Retroarch and Gamr13 repo's config for Xbox series X (all in RETAIL Mode)

But I have 3 Problems questions:
1. PS2 Games didnt start (black screen and nothing) What can i do wrong? installed Retroarch, copied config with ps2 bios and all other stuff
2. External NTFS Storage didnt work for ps2 Games (though they didnt start it takes more time for retroarch to try to start it. Retroarch definitely copies it to internal storage first. Hot to fix it?
3. Can Retroarch start 7zip or any other archive? My favourite ps2 games like Persona 3 Fez weights for about 4.3 gigs.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
Check discord - if black screen fyrstly try re-copyng config files.

FattyMatty2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the gamr13.github.io links aren't working for me it just loads a blank background for the Microsoft store when I click on the link on my xbox series s

DSFone

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the same issue but I filled the form with my Xbox live e-mail a few days ago. What can I do to solve the issue?

Edit: Nevermind, i used the wrong link on the xbox...

Last edited by DSFone,

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any idea how to let the Gamecube controller emulation work on Wii games? The input options only show Retropad, Wii Remote, Wii Remote+Nun Chuck, Wii Remote+Classic Controller, Wii Remote Sideways.

Retropad doesn't work as the Gamecube controller emulation.

When I play Gamecube games I am able to switch to Gamecube controller in the input options though.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Im having hard time with gamecube games, i have retail version of retroarch with series S, i tried to run 2 games Digimon rumble arena 2 and Mario Party 7. The first gave me black screen with no sound, after a while retroarch crashes and any of my retail apps/games doesnt work! Needed to hard reset console. Mario party 7 works for 3 times but after third it behaves like first game...(black screen and crash) I dont know what is happening.

Maybe my USB stick is bad because i tried to load this games from it. Somebody knows solution for this situstion?

Rikorin

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GC/Wii games run fine. But when I try to run a PS2 game larger than 2gb I just get an error. I’m running them off an HDD if that means anything.

BuggyGamesYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My screen won't stop flickering/flashing after adding the lite series zip files over with ftp for my Xbox Series X. Why won't retroarch load and stop flashing?

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It seems like d3d11 is suddenly broken. GC games load with sound but black screen. If I select d3d11 at the start of Retroarch, the screen is flickering. Does anyone know how to fix this?

iampeepkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, so this is for some people who really can’t understand retail retroarch properly but, let’s put pcsx2 for example. Yes of course it’s “preinstalled in retro arch but needless to say, it’s a broken bio emulator. So you would need a new version of it which is in pcsx2.net . When you got it now itstalled in your computer, send it off to your Xbox by via “ftp://Xbox” using the ftp app (available in gamer13 GitHub) and drag it into your systems folder which is in “localfolder/random folder but with “retroacrh” on it/ local files/system. Now you could do this to any broken bios file that doesn’t work into the new system folder in case if it goes black on boot. This of course can run your games of a game folder saved into your Xbox or on a formatted NTFS usb drive (or in case you don’t have a usb drive, get a usb to sd adapter and get a large sd card and formatted to NTFS and plug both of them in and plug it on the USB port like if it’s a usb drive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-