1. carizard

OP carizard GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    This was posted on discord yesterday and I thought it was worth sharing as it is some pretty important news

a custom ftp server to replace my files explorer and ppsspp are both available

The codes are no longer used instead once whitelisted you need to go to https://tunip3.github.io/wowee on your console

You can also find a video of it here:

dom's discord if anyone was curious https://discord.com/invite/cmVZuhj

Attached Files:

Last edited by carizard, Nov 29, 2020
  2. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    So doing this allows us to install retroarch on our xbone without using devmode?
    Count me in

3. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    can I redeem the code on MS store on the PC my one is taken apart til i get a 2tb drive

4. carizard

Antarctica
    updated with dom's discord

5. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you can redeem it on a pc browser by going to the redeem link after your activated that is

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Gambia, The
    I don't think that it's smart to post the code publically

7. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    @dominater01

Yesterday i installed retail retroarch and tested it, could You please answer to my questions?
    • Im having problem with resolution change on mupen core, on dev mode i managed to change it by simply run game open options, change 4:3 resolution to higher and reset game. After that i saved game settings and they stay there. On retail i followed same steps but after reset settings are changed but seems that resolutions stays low, when i use close content retroarch crashes and all settings are gone (even menu combo L3 + R3), Please tell me how to change and save settings of resolution for mupen core?
    • Second thing is 16gb limit instead of 2gb... on dev mode retroarch sometimes copies big files (for gc, dc and psx games) till it hits 2gb limit, after that when i want to play another game i must run file explorer and delete copy from retroarch folder. How can i do this in retail? I don't have file explorer (on retail it is a paid app) and i don't know where retroarch copies files now... Or maybe retail retroarch dont do such thing?
    • Im planning to buy series X in next year, if i have app installed on xbox one, can i somehow transfer it to series X ? If not i just stick with dev mode...
    Im really happy with retroarch on retail without switching to dev mode, sadly cores can't be added so in near future we need to get back to dev mode.

8. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    how can I find out my discord tag? is it my username? sorry I'm new to discord.

9. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    In form You need to put Your discord user name and Your xbox user name with email adress for example:

Discord user name: snk2
    Xbox tag: [email protected]

10. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    I filled out the form just like that, then went to the link provided on the discord announcement channel, and it gives me this error when trying to redeem the code:
    "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later."

11. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Try to redeem code TFWW7-RGPY7-XYKC9-PY764-FY93Z on store, if thats not possible contact T3 on discord. I had same problem as You, im my case problem was that i forgot to put @outlook.com after my xbox tag. Some people forgot to add capital letters etc so he should help You when You contact him.

12. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    but the email address used for my xbox account is not outlook.com. I have a yahoo email.

13. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    It doesn't matter, as long this e-mail is bonded with Your Xbox tag.

14. snk2

snk2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    sorry I don't understand this.

say my xbox tag is snk2, but the email address used to sign up for xbox is something else, for example [email protected]

on the form do I have use [email protected] or [email protected]?

15. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    ok so here is my story...

I entered Rafciu as my discord name
    then i entered Rafciu90x as a xbox tag

Then i got error as You, T3 said that i forgot to add @outlook.com and he manually put it after my tag so he entered for example [email protected], to my suprise my e-mail is is Rafciu90 without X - [email protected] somehow i was able to download i know its weird and confusing, just contact T3 he will help.

16. carizard

Antarctica
    pcsx2 has been added and mupen has been updated and should be faster

17. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    While that's true, full disclaimer. More than likely only users with Series S and X will be able to get anywhere near fullspeed on the PCSX2 Core :) just to temper some expectations :P Mupen runs great on Xbox One S and X tho ;)

18. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is this from the official Retroarch team? Why do they need so much personal info? I think I'll wait and see if this comes to the official Xbox store.. not like I don't already have Retroarch on everything else anyway

19. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Iceland
    Help. It doesn't work. It says code already redeemed.

20. carizard

Antarctica
    your email is needed as it has to be whitelisted to access the app, the discord tag is just in case you need to contact them and they need to verify what email you entered. Its two peice's of info and its not being used for anything nefarious

paulttt likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Retroarch, Retail,