(ret = -1017) Softmod Hell

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DVK_Phoenix, Apr 19, 2009.

1. DVK_Phoenix
    OP

DVK_Phoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    United States
    Hello,

Here is the situation. I got a Wii and installed homebrew channel. So far so good. I updated to 4.0 through Nintendo. Bad move, but heh I was able to reverse it using the guide I found elsewhere in the forums. So I am running the downgrader and I select 3.2e instead of 3.2u. I then follow the guide on the forums to go back to 4.0 and install cioscorps. Install preloader 0.29. Everything works. Yeah. Except when I go to play the original Zelda. It starts and goes to a black screen. So does my backup. I figure out that I loaded the wrong region and am trying to put things back to "working". Almost every app I run now comes back with this error, (ret = -1017). For instance I am trying to run Anytitle eleter and I get this message (just one example):
    Identifying as SU...Error! ES_Indentify (ret = -1017)

I cant find anything searching the forums or Google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

2. icefireicefire

icefireicefire GBATemp Fails.

Dec 19, 2008
    United States
    Your IOS's don't have the trucha bug.

3. DVK_Phoenix
    OP

DVK_Phoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    United States
    Ok. I ran iosdowngrader v1.1 and to my understanding fixed that problem. That got me through getting that app to work, however whenever I now try to install cIOS36 rev10 using WAD install mode I get the same error. ANy more help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

4. TroyTheZombie

TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 3, 2009
    Canada
    Calgary, Canada
    use network install.

I've seen many people have issues with wad install.

5. oxMUDxo

oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Missouri - USA
    It may be you SD card, some SD card has problems installing some .Wads.

Also if you have a GC memory card in the Wii or a USB drive hooked up remove them and try again..

I'm kinda new at this but this but trying a different SD card help me with a few wads..

GOOD LUCK.

6. DVK_Phoenix
    OP

DVK_Phoenix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    United States
    Thanks Guys, however I get thae same error no matter if I use neywork or wad. I have tried to install severeal different cios revs and get that exact error.

7. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    seriously try a different sd. I have 4 sd cards in varying sizes and not one works everytime. I have to try to install with all of them n see which one works

8. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Reformatting the SD Card to FAT might help. I couldn't do wad installs of cIOS until I did that.

9. SpAM_CAN

SpAM_CAN GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2009
    UK
    I had a simailar problem with Tetris Party, try WADmanager 1.1. Or format yah card.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice