Hacking Restoring Wii after installing Wii Mod Batch (v2.9)

Lnkcld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I am a complete noob when it comes to modding.

Here's what I have done to my 4.3U wii so far.

I installed the Homebrew channel using letterbomb.
I installed Wii Mod Batch 2.9.
Then in the following steps I used the d2x cIOS Installer v.2.2
  1. Put the SD card in your Wii and run the D2X CIOS Installer from the Homebrew Channel. Follow the directions and press 1 or A when prompted.
  2. Select IOS236.
  3. Now we're going to get into a bit of technobabble, so bear with us. You'll want to select the latest version of D2X, which is v6. Then select 56 for the cIOS base and 248 for the cIOS slot. Press A when prompted, finish up the installation, then press A again to go back to the menu.
  4. Once again, select the latest version of D2X. This time, select 57 for the cIOS base and 247 for the cIOS slot. Finish up the installation and exit to the menu.
I installed a Configurable USB Loader and replaced a meta.xml file within it with another.

I made a back up of nand.bin and keys.bin, but not the bootmii folder.

Anyways, the problem is I can't play Donkey Kong Country Returns (the only game I tried running since installing this stuff) because the system wants me to update from the disc. I assume this is because I never installed priiloader.

So I was wondering if I should somehow uninstall all this stuff because I may have done this incorrectly and may have lost original save files due to not backing up the bootmii folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o