Restoring Game Saves with JKSM

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chococj, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Chococj
    OP

Chococj Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2016
    Canada
    Hey, I apologized if this was asked numerous times or I posted this in the wrong section (I can't seem to find a solution anywhere else).

Recently, my new 3ds got soaked in water and died. I bought a new 3ds xl and I managed to save my sd card from the previous 3ds. I was re-downloaded my digital copy Pokemon X and Omega ruby but the save files were deleted. I was able to locate my old save files in my SD cards 0011c400 (omega ruby) and 00055d00 (pokemon x) but they are in .sav formats. My question is: will I able to restore my save files with JKSM even though the files are in .sav? If not, how do I decrypt them so i can inject my old save files to the new game with JKSM?

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me. Thanks in advance!

PS: I am planning to put homebrew in my system once I get Ocarina of time tomorrow.

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sorry. The .sav files cannot be decrypted without the original system.

3. Chococj
    OP

Chococj Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2016
    Canada
    I can't use the Savedataflier as a way to decrypt?

4. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    no. the files on the sd card are encrypted with a per-console key. without the key from the dead console, its impossible to get it back.