Hacking Restore to virgin 4.1 (or help?)

Weiseguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I had HBC and HBB, installed some cIOS and backup loader in an attempt to play/create backups. I had a disc read error (1101) for neogamma r7 so I did what I found in a search and installed cios36rev10 and neogamma r6. After installing the new cIOS without an issue (this was after using Trucha Bug thing to get my other cIOS in), none of my HBC apps are working. They go to a black screen and I have to manually shut off my system and reboot it.

I am thinking of just restoring this thing back to its original state which was 4.1 when I bought it, or asking for help here for my issue. However, I do not know how to make sure its completely restored to 4.1 before I go through a guide to get HBC/HBB and cIOS back on there (hopefully) correctly this time.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or if not, how the heck do I restore this thing to my original virgin-like 4.1 with nothing extra? I couldn't get bootmii to work for a backup, so I don't know if I am screwed or what.

Weiseguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I still got the stuff on my SD card I think. Just need to re-lookup the guide. I had HBC forever and never did anything with it for a month
tongue.gif

Offtopic:

How do you get custom channels? I thought you could get things like neogamma into a channel instead of running it from HBC? I have WADManager 1.5, which I THOUGHT was what you use? heh

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to find a .wad of neogammar7 and install that with wadmanager. Then you have a neogamma channel.

Weiseguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for the WAD help...

I tried to reinstall HBC using the boot.elf thing when you go to data management > SD Card.

My screen goes black and never loads up the installer to install DVDX, HBC, and Bootmii. I tried all of bannerbomb's private folder zip things too. All of them either freeze on a black screen or freeze when I put in the SD card and never even ask to use the boot.elf

EDIT: Should I follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 and update to 4.2 hopefully restoring everything to a virgin state, at 4.2 including the cIOS and all that?

EDIT2: Should I restore my wii inside wii settings? I'll loose all my savedata, but I don't have much besides being pro on my Mii's in Wii Sports, heh.

EDIT 3: Disregard Edit 2, it was answered.

Weiseguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm new on here, but I did search. If you can find something in there that helps a little more, I'm all ears.

Would updating to 4.2 and then trying to install HBC again work do you think?

I really think it has something to do with the last cIOS I installed...(it said it installed correctly, but after that it messed up my HBC).

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You send me a PN but i have no answer, sorry.

You can try to initialize your Wii if you didn't have the preloader installed, also you can try to update the Wii to 4.2.

I don't know what is the solution for your problem.
frown.gif

If i'm you i would try this:
Start tools like dop-ios, tbr, ... with bannerbomb.
If it didn't work i would try to initialize your Wii.
If it didn't work i would try to update via the N.

But all this can result in a full brick.

Weiseguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I try to update to 4.2 now it may cause a brick? I uninstalled HBC, but ya I can't get into hackmii installer to do anything else.

anyone else have an idea before I try that?

Edit 1: If I do update, should I be okay updating from my wii settings menu or do I need to use a safe updater from GBATemp?

Weiseguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, im not sure what that means exactly, but I tried all of bannerbomb's boot.elf's on his website to get HBC and had no prevail yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol