Hacking Restore to stock (done with CFW)

blkhockeypro19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

After a year of playing 100% offline using 6.0.1 and CFW, I’m ready to go back to stock so that I can play online and not worry anymore.

I’ve restored my original 3.0.1 BOOT0, BOOT1, and full NAND. This was a 100% stock backup I made using Hekate before ever booting my into the Switch OS with any mods.

The restore worked and I’m able to boot it using Hekate (to bypass the burnt fuse check)

Here’s my current dilemma - I have burnt fuses and an updated game cart, so even though I can successfully boot into 3.0.1, I can’t update my firmware using any game carts since my game cart doesn’t work on 3.0.1 (I understand this is my fault and why it happened, I’m currently looking for solutions).

My ultimate goal is to get on the latest stock firmware without risking ban by going online to update. Perhaps I’m being overly cautious, and it’s ok to go online for a few min on my restored 3.0.1 sysnand just to grab the update, but I want to double check first.

I also tried copying over a downloaded system://placehld folder from another switch that had 9.0.1 downloaded but not yet installed, to my own switch, but that didn’t make my switch prompt me to update. (I did all of this using Hacdiskmount).

What is my best course of action going forward? I just want to get on 9.0.1 (latest) and be 100% stock for the rest of my Switch’s life. Thank you all for the help!

elhefegaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nobody knows for sure what the 'going online' checks for so they may be checking for a mismatch between osversion and fuse check

I think your best course of action would be to update using choi to whatever version is that your fuses are burnt to and go online from there

Disclaimer: in no way am I assuring 100% you won't get banned

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
update using chio to current fw

then use harddiskmount to

in system partition

in "save" delete all except 8000000000000120
in saveMeta delete all except 8000000000000120
if anything in Contents/placehld, delete all in placehld also.

delete sd folder

Done.

blkhockeypro19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pcwizard7 thanks for the instructions. Do you mind explaining why those steps work?
Also, should I use choisdujour NX or windows app? It seems like both try to apply various patches, and I really just want it to be completely stock.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@pcwizard7 thanks for the instructions. Do you mind explaining why those steps work?
Also, should I use choisdujour NX or windows app? It seems like both try to apply various patches, and I really just want it to be completely stock.

It basically clears everything traces but there’s really no way to confirm but don’t delete the one ending in 120 as it won’t boot without it stay offline until u ready to fully setup

U need choinx as pc version doesn’t work on current fw. Also after making ur changes in settings and linking ur account make a nand backup and backup the nintenido folders and repeat everything after each time u need to update

Last edited by pcwizard7,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It basically clears everything traces but there’s really no way to confirm but don’t delete the one ending in 120 as it won’t boot without it stay offline until u ready to fully setup

U need choinx as pc version doesn’t work on current fw. Also after making ur changes in settings and linking ur account make a nand backup and backup the nintenido folders and repeat everything after each time u need to update
No need to repeat every time. Op will be on updated sysnand and online. After this update op can update normally through Nintendo. If ops switch is going to get a ban, I highly doubt updating it will trigger it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land