Restore SXOS Switch to factory settings then install Atmosphere

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Erista switch that I used with SXOS. It's on 10.2.0. I barely use it, and can't remember if or what I backed up when first modding it. In any case, if I did back anything up it's on a hard drive that died a couple weeks ago. I know I've upgraded the firmware on it a couple times using ChoixduJour. I have zero interest in going online, don't think I've gone online since modding the console either.

Anyway, what I'm hoping to do is restore the switch to factory settings, and then put Atmosphere on it and have it on the latest firmware (or maybe not the latest, I know 14 OFW only came out in the last 24 hours). The reason I want to do this, rather than follow a guide for migrating from SXOS to Atmos is because about 6 months ago I hacked a console and installed Atmosphere on it for a friend who isn't too tech savvy, and I want to have a Switch that is in the same state as his for when I have to do stuff like update his FW.

Can anyone help me out with the factory settings part?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Erista switch that I used with SXOS. It's on 10.2.0. I barely use it, and can't remember if or what I backed up when first modding it. In any case, if I did back anything up it's on a hard drive that died a couple weeks ago. I know I've upgraded the firmware on it a couple times using ChoixduJour. I have zero interest in going online, don't think I've gone online since modding the console either.

Anyway, what I'm hoping to do is restore the switch to factory settings, and then put Atmosphere on it and have it on the latest firmware (or maybe not the latest, I know 14 OFW only came out in the last 24 hours). The reason I want to do this, rather than follow a guide for migrating from SXOS to Atmos is because about 6 months ago I hacked a console and installed Atmosphere on it for a friend who isn't too tech savvy, and I want to have a Switch that is in the same state as his for when I have to do stuff like update his FW.

Can anyone help me out with the factory settings part?
On V1…your switch is already at factory setting…nothing was ever needed to be installed on the switch. You simply remove the SD card and DONT trigger the fusee gelee bug with your jig and it’s a normal switch that no amount of forensics could prove otherwise. Everything is on the SD card.

So…if you want to start from scratch, buy a new card or copy everything on your current card and format it. Tadah…you’re now 100% stock and can start from the CFW Guide in my sig…which also happens to have easy instructions for migrating SXOS to Atmosphere but that’s your choice. :-)

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On V1…your switch is already at factory setting…nothing was ever needed to be installed on the switch. You simply remove the SD card and DONT trigger the fusee gelee bug with your jig and it’s a normal switch that no amount of forensics could prove otherwise. Everything is on the SD card.

So…if you want to start from scratch, buy a new card or copy everything on your current card and format it. Tadah…you’re now 100% stock and can start from the CFW Guide in my sig…which also happens to have easy instructions for migrating SXOS to Atmosphere but that’s your choice. :-)
Thanks for the prompt reply. I take it the guide you're referring to is the very first one?

I backed up my SD and reformatted it so it's completely blank. Stuck it in the switch and tried turning it on, but nothing. Tried sticking the jig in, also nothing. Only thing I can get it to do is get to the Boot.Dat? screen when I insert the dongle. So in short I can't get back to stock at the moment.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the prompt reply. I take it the guide you're referring to is the very first one?

I backed up my SD and reformatted it so it's completely blank. Stuck it in the switch and tried turning it on, but nothing. Tried sticking the jig in, also nothing. Only thing I can get it to do is get to the Boot.Dat? screen when I insert the dongle. So in short I can't get back to stock at the moment.

yes indeed. The first one.

no worries…quick question, did you have AutoRCM turned on?

Worst case you restore your backup or se just move forward with Atmosphere as if we have a blank sd card.

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes indeed. The first one.

no worries…quick question, did you have AutoRCM turned on?

Worst case you restore your backup or se just move forward with Atmosphere as if we have a blank sd card.
Yeah, autoRCM was almost certainly turned on. So copy everything back to SD card, boot, and turn it off?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, autoRCM was almost certainly turned on. So copy everything back to SD card, boot, and turn it off?

That’s helpful. pretty sure you can just copy boot.dat and license.dat back to / on your sd card and do this:

1) Plug in the console to your PC to start AutoRCM (if you have it installed from SX OS)
2) Launch the SX OS Payload. Keep holding the Vol + button to access TX Boot menu. Uninstall Auto-RCM.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I insert the dongle
are you using sx pro dongle? in that case it only injects the payload to boot sx os, copy the hekate.bin file to sd card and rename it to payload.bin, then load it from sx menu. Or you can just connect it to your pc and inject hekate.bin with tegrarcmgui

Reactions: rayida

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s helpful. pretty sure you can just copy boot.dat and license.dat back to / on your sd card and do this:

1) Plug in the console to your PC to start AutoRCM (if you have it installed from SX OS)
2) Launch the SX OS Payload. Keep holding the Vol + button to access TX Boot menu. Uninstall Auto-RCM.

Thanks. Moving the files back and connecting to PC allowed me to disable it. Now on to your guide...

Reactions: binkinator

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using sx pro dongle? in that case it only injects the payload to boot sx os, copy the hekate.bin file to sd card and rename it to payload.bin, then load it from sx menu. Or you can just connect it to your pc and inject hekate.bin with tegrarcmgui
Thanks. Just moved the files back and connected to my PC and did it that way.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Just moved the files back and connected to my PC and did it that way.

Beauty! With AutoRCM you should now be able to remove the SD Card and boot to stock, is that in fact the case now?

edit: n/m I see there were multiple responses. All good..carry on.

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beauty! With AutoRCM you should now be able to remove the SD Card and boot to stock, is that in fact the case now?

edit: n/m I see there were multiple responses. All good..carry on.
Yes, I initialized the system and it now boots straight up with no SD card in the system.

rayida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got OFW 13.2.1 installed. Daybreak didn't like the zip I downloaded from Mega c/o DarthSternie, but had no problem with the files I got from Archive.org. Weird. Mega had about 4 less files too, maybe my download was corrupted.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I initialized the system and it now boots straight up with no SD card in the system.

Nice!

Finally got OFW 13.2.1 installed. Daybreak didn't like the zip I downloaded from Mega c/o DarthSternie, but had no problem with the files I got from Archive.org. Weird. Mega had about 4 less files too, maybe my download was corrupted.

The guide has some helpful Google searches in it that will lead you to THE place to get them in the future. All the legal files you need are in the links at the top of each page.
Sounds like you’re pretty much sailing under you’re own power at this point.

Good luck!

Reactions: rayida

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox