Hacking Question Restore NAND without rawnand.bin

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before doing anything I'd make a full copy of your current NAND. It won't be clean, but if you mess up restoring your partial backup at least you won't be bricked since you can just restore that.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell boy don't do that
your brick your switch...

Tell me exactly what it is your like to do ..
If you followed my guide to fully backup your switch now and get the biskeys then we can continue with what ever it is you want to do
so what was that again ?

ALWAYS ALWAYS BACKUP UP FIRST BOYS AND GIRLS

Backup
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Goldleaf
https://gbatemp.net/threads/goldleaf-a-nintendo-switch-multipurpose-homebrew-tool.527578/

Fusecount
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses

ChoidujourNX/briccmii
https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

i HAVE A IDEA THIS WILL WORK

BACKUP
backup your switch and biskeys with my guide.

Download GoldLeaf and
place the goldleaf.nro on your sd card
Load CFW on your switch with preferred method,
Open the homebrew menu and launch goldleaf

And remove all your tickets from machine...

Then

Find your fuse count by using the briccmii payload (Do not use any options just restart after you get your fuse count

Download ChoidujourNX.nro place on your sd card, root of sd is fine

Download the system update files matching your fuse count
-You can find the switch update files on the xbin ftp your have to google that...

Extract the contents of the update.zip that matches your fuse count that you acquired from xbin

to a folder on your sd card.. Name for example System Update XX

Open the homebrew menu and launch ChoidujourNX

Select your system update folder you placed on the sd card, and then click choose
choi2.jpg

Once you chosen the folder Your be greated with this screen
20181005_101009-1612x1209.jpg

Select Exfat then click select firmware

Your then be greated with this screen
20181005_101025-1612x1209.jpg

Your options here do what you want to do to wipe the switch clean..

Select System Initialize so its ticked..

Make sure prevent fuse burn is unticked also...

-(this disables autorcm make sure you chose the correct system files that match your fuse count or your burn fuses)

Then hit start installation Once this is done, Reboot

if you followed all the steps correctly and with a bit of common sence your switch is now non modded and clean.

Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: dyerseve and Mat37

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ended up dumping my tainted USER partition, compiled all partitions into a rawnand.bin, mounting the rawnand with HacDiskMount, formatting the USER partition with GUI format & restoring the rawnand.bin.

So far that seems to have done the trick!

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ended up dumping my tainted USER partition, compiled all partitions into a rawnand.bin, mounting the rawnand with HacDiskMount, formatting the USER partition with GUI format & restoring the rawnand.bin.

So far that seems to have done the trick!
This was my other suggestion, i have done this with you ? or did i do this remote with another member ? heck i forget,

Did all biskey and entropy pass in hacdiskmount ?
You may need to use gpt restore payload on the switch still...

But good luck to you

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was my other suggestion, i have done this with you ? or did i do this remote with another member ? heck i forget,

Did all biskey and entropy pass in hacdiskmount ?
You may need to use gpt restore payload on the switch still...

But good luck to you
Yup, once i dumped the biskeys i made sure hacdiskmount passed entropy before doing anything else.

The switch seems to be booting fine into OFW without any issues after restore.

Thanks everyone for the help!

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys,

I'm looking to clean up my switch and wipe all traces of CFW. While looking at my backup folder from before I did any modding, i noticed that i have a bunch of files, but no rawnand.bin. Does this effect my ability to do a full system restore to clean NAND? Here are the files I have:
Code:
BOOT0
BOOT1
dumps:
  fuses.bin
  kfuses.bin
  tsec_keys.bin
partitions:
  BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main
  BCPKG2-2-Normal-Sub
  BCPKG2-3-SafeMode-Main
  BCPKG2-4-SafeMode-Sub
  BCPKG2-5-Repair-Main
  BCPKG2-6-Repair-Sub
  PRODINFO
  PRODINFOF
  SAFE
  SYSTEM
pkg1:
  nxloader.bin
  pkg1_decr.bin
  secmon.bin
  warmboot.bin
pkg2:
  ini1.bin
  kernel.bin
  pkg2_decr.bin
dumps:
  fuses.bin
  kfuses.bin

My switch is on firmware version 6.1 & Atmosphere 8.2 (Kosmos), I've never upgraded my firmware since doing any modding and i've been running in airplane mode since i first applied CFW.

I've noticed there are a few tools available that might help me with restoring without the rawnand.bin:
NxNandManager
HacDiskMount
Hekate

Does anyone have any guidance or tutorials that might help with restoring this way (without rawnand.bin)? Also, I'm curious if the error logs will be restored if i restore all the partitions? Ideally i would like to bring the system back or as close to stock as possible.

Thanks!
Delete all files except 8.120 in save ( you will rdcognise because it has no date) I have done this and I suggest

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, once i dumped the biskeys i made sure hacdiskmount passed entropy before doing anything else.

The switch seems to be booting fine into OFW without any issues after restore.

Thanks everyone for the help!
ok so now apply the correct system version (update/firmware files) to match ya fuse count and ya know whats coming right ???????????

BACKUP YOUR CONSOLE RIGHT NOW WITH MY GUIDE ^above ^... Save ya self some trouble next time aye buddy :P

aihooo444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i HAVE A IDEA THIS WILL WORK

BACKUP
backup your switch and biskeys with my guide.

Download GoldLeaf and
place the goldleaf.nro on your sd card
Open the homebrew menu and launch goldleaf

And remove all your tickets from machine...

Then

Find your fuse count by using the briccmii payload (Do not use any options just restart after you get your fuse count

Download ChoidujourNX.nro place on your sd card, root of sd is fine

Download the system update files matching your fuse count
-You can find the switch update files on the xbin ftp your have to google that...

Extract the contents of the update.zip that matches your fuse count that you acquired from xbin

to a folder on your sd card.. Name for example System Update XX

Open the homebrew menu and launch ChoidujourNX

Select your system update folder you placed on the sd card, and then click choose

Once you chosen the folder Your be greated with this screen

Select Exfat then click select firmware

Your then be greated with this screen

Your options here do what you want to do to wipe the switch clean..

Select System Initialize so its ticked..

Make sure prevent fuse burn is unticked also...

-(this disables autorcm make sure you chose the correct system files that match your fuse count or your burn fuses)

Then hit start installation Once this is done, Reboot

if you followed all the steps correctly and with a bit of common sence your switch is now non modded and clean.

@Canna Wouldn't this still have the logs that Nintendo could see?
The reason I am asking is because I am in a similar situation I only made a backup of the EMMC SYS partition (which was the first day my switch was opened) that has never been online and I would like to restore so i can play online with OFW.

Last edited by aihooo444,

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Canna Wouldn't this still have the logs that Nintendo could see?
The reason I am asking is because I am in a similar situation I only made a backup of the EMMC SYS partition (which was the first day my switch was opened) that has never been online and I would like to restore so i can play online with OFW.

you can have a blank user partition and the switch will still load..

just have to do a factory reset or reinitialize the system.

slinso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Having the exact same problem, due to missing archive from splitted/packed rawnand.bin :( NAND backup was taken according Canna's guide (except user partition) without booting a CFW.

So basically i can dump my dirty user partition, take the hekate2rawnand.sh script to create a single rawnand.bin, load everything in hackdiskmanager and mount it with bis keys to format the user partition (16k) via guiformat and restore boot0 boot1 and that rawnand.bin? Upgrade the nintendo way to overcome fuse missmatch, do factory reset and create a new clean nand backup? Do i expect a ban in the future?

Thanks!

//EDIT. Okay it worked. But how ban proof is this?

Last edited by slinso,

RosPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Canna

This doesn't really deal with any flags that may have been activated while in cfw so does this method truly leave you with a clean and safe nand? Also, I've been trying to fix my switch for the past few weeks and you always come to the rescue in these threads. Thank you so much!

Last edited by RosPlays,

dza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I found this discussion in search of trying to compress the rawnand as much as possible.

Whether other partitions can be tied and have dead ends to USER essentially leaving the system vulnerable to ban/dirty logs, because of mismatch is maybe possible.

But it would be pretty cool to have a script decrypt, extract, compress with purpose of storing with as little space occupied as possible and another script for turning it back into a usable rawnand.bin. Of course one needs to be 100% sure no corruption happens in the process and that restoring goes well (having another full dump from previous as safety)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work