Hacking Question Uniqueness of NAND pairing with hardware

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP and all, thank you for your kind reply. Here is my problem. The switch with original eMMC, I cannot read anything and seller told me it died in Dock and never JB. I am a fool and believed him. First time I used Hekate was already in autorcm mode. I disabled auto rcm mode in hekate but did not boot in any firmware. Once I disabled it cannot turn it on in hekate menu again. Constantly in RCM mode which I read indicate bad emmc or bricked? I cannot flash a thing and connot read emmc as cannot initiliase emmc. Managed to obtain 2 biskeys from tegragui menu but could not see if it is a smiley face or sad as it turned off so quickly when reading, but saved 2 keys on pc.

I have done all the diode and resistance reading that I can possibly do and they all read good. No shorts what so ever on motherboard and on bad emmc.

I installed Unbutu and it works fine. WiFi working. It charges at 4.6/4.7 amps and in ubuntu 0.17amps I think but not so sure.

My bought emmc arrived from alpres today. It reads via hekate on the same switch perfectly and got all backup using the same switch on the bought alpres emmc. Is the back up any good for my bad emmc?

I ordered mmcblkNX, 3 weeks has passed and no sign of the device and still waiting. I built a sd card reader with guides how to but would not read or seen in Linux nor seen in Hdismount. I think it's doomed or a reflow or reballing it?
I undertand now I need something like boot 0&1 from bad emmc and some prodinfo to be able to rebuild nand from good emmc? Would you say hope and game over on this one and just for parts?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can only spoof the boot process to be able to boot again but without valid proinfo you be never able to go on Nintendo servers

Reactions: Zeeko

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can only spoof the boot process to be able to boot again but without valid proinfo you be never able to go on Nintendo servers
Thank you and that is not a problem as I do not mind not using on line. At least do something with it. What can be done with it now? So I need to read about spoofing as I am really a novice or so called noob LOL.

ewabc886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thank you and that is not a problem as I do not mind not using on line. At least do something with it. What can be done with it now? So I need to read about spoofing as I am really a novice or so called noob LOL.
Hello again,
I have updated the guide
Please read #1 for the changes.
My case is quite similar to you, but the difference is that I have one more working unpatched switch who helped me as a NAND donor.
You can still use PikaFix Pack in the guide
Although I haven't tried it, it should be the same as that I dumped from my another switch.
I also mentioned this in my guide
Hope this can help

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot. I will have a go at this when I have plenty of time and I am already scratching my head. So from what I understand I do not have to use any parts of the old emmc/nand as it already faulty and cannot be read. Is that correct?

ewabc886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks a lot. I will have a go at this when I have plenty of time and I am already scratching my head. So from what I understand I do not have to use any parts of the old emmc/nand as it already faulty and cannot be read. Is that correct?
Yes, for the old eMMC, it doesn't do anything

You will need to obtain the keys from the dead Switch after installing the good eMMC chip
The prod.keys already contain all information we need from it

Last edited by ewabc886,

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, for the old eMMC, it doesn't do anything

You will need to obtain the keys from the dead Switch after installing the good eMMC chip
The prod.keys already contain all information we need from it

Sorry for my sincere ignorance. I can only assume that the prodkeys is from the switch not the nand? So I put the new nand in it and read the prod. Keys. Is that correct? As I mentioned before I will need to do my home work and continue to read until I understand what I am doing. Please continue to provide info that you think would be useful. Thank you very much all for helping.

Last edited by Zeeko,

ewabc886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry for my sincere ignorance. I can only assume that the prodkeys is from the switch not the nand? So I put the new nand in it and read the prod. Keys. Is that correct? As I mentioned before I will need to do my home work and continue to read until I understand what I am doing. Please continue to provide info that you think would be useful. Thank you very much all for helping.
put the new nand in it and read the prod.keys
Yes, the prod.keys are actually from the Switch
the eMMC is only needed to let the Switch boot into suitable stage to read it, so the dead eMMC doesn't work

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
put the new nand in it and read the prod.keys
Yes, the prod.keys are actually from the Switch
the eMMC is only needed to let the Switch boot into suitable stage to read it, so the dead eMMC doesn't work
Before I do all this. Do you advise to reflow or reball the nand chip as it may work? Shall I give reflow a shot and if it failed then reball? Reball it first would be better I think than reflow it first. I have nothing to lose as I have a bought emmc and have done all backup from it. Shall I wait for mmcblkNX to come first because its possible it will read bad emmc. Pause before making a decision.

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP and all, thank you for your kind reply. Here is my problem. The switch with original eMMC, I cannot read anything and seller told me it died in Dock and never JB. I am a fool and believed him. First time I used Hekate was already in autorcm mode. I disabled auto rcm mode in hekate but did not boot in any firmware. Once I disabled it cannot turn it on in hekate menu again. Constantly in RCM mode which I read indicate bad emmc or bricked? I cannot flash a thing and connot read emmc as cannot initiliase emmc. Managed to obtain 2 biskeys from tegragui menu but could not see if it is a smiley face or sad as it turned off so quickly when reading, but saved 2 keys on pc.

I have done all the diode and resistance reading that I can possibly do and they all read good. No shorts what so ever on motherboard and on bad emmc.

I installed Unbutu and it works fine. WiFi working. It charges at 4.6/4.7 amps and in ubuntu 0.17amps I think but not so sure.

My bought emmc arrived from alpres today. It reads via hekate on the same switch perfectly and got all backup using the same switch on the bought alpres emmc. Is the back up any good for my bad emmc?

I ordered mmcblkNX, 3 weeks has passed and no sign of the device and still waiting. I built a sd card reader with guides how to but would not read or seen in Linux nor seen in Hdismount. I think it's doomed or a reflow or reballing it?
I undertand now I need something like boot 0&1 from bad emmc and some prodinfo to be able to rebuild nand from good emmc? Would you say hope and game over on this one and just for parts?
boot0 and boot1, do not need a specific size of 4m, EmmcHaccGen v2.2.3 can generate them, restore boot0.bin, boot1.bin, and four bcpkg generated by EmmcHacvGen v2.2.3 to emmc, lockpick_RCM can generate prod.keys. Of course, donate with prodinfo you must have, hope this can help you, nice guide https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/unbrick/, mmcblck can not need, if you need 4m boot0/1, this guide is very good https:// gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-build-clean-boot0-1-files.591409/, now you just need to flash them to emmc and switch will start

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I do all this. Do you advise to reflow or reball the nand chip as it may work? Shall I give reflow a shot and if it failed then reball? Reball it first would be better I think than reflow it first. I have nothing to lose as I have a bought emmc and have done all backup from it. Shall I wait for mmcblkNX to come first because its possible it will read bad emmc. Pause before making a decision.
mmcblck is not needed, you can just restore to emmc with systemRestore.te

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
boot0 and boot1, do not need a specific size of 4m, EmmcHaccGen v2.2.3 can generate them, restore boot0.bin, boot1.bin, and four bcpkg generated by EmmcHacvGen v2.2.3 to emmc, lockpick_RCM can generate prod.keys. Of course, donate with prodinfo you must have, hope this can help you, nice guide https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/unbrick/, mmcblck can not need, if you need 4m boot0/1, this guide is very good https:// gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-build-clean-boot0-1-files.591409/, now you just need to flash them to emmc and switch will start

Thank you loads. Are you saying to do this with the new emmc I bought and received today. I have put the new nand and got prodinfo keys as advised by ewabc886 and obtained 2 files dev.keys and prod.keys via lockpick. I am getting a bit overwhelmed with information but it is okay and all knowledge. Okay I will have a look at the info you provided. I am further looking at the info provided by Pcwizard7 and ewabc886 and have started to get an understanding of the process. In any case I will look at all information and then decide to proceed.

ewabc886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thank you loads. Are you saying to do this with the new emmc I bought and received today. I have put the new nand and got prodinfo keys as advised by ewabc886 and obtained 2 files dev.keys and prod.keys via lockpick. I am getting a bit overwhelmed with information but it is okay and all knowledge. Okay I will have a look at the info you provided. I am further looking at the info provided by Pcwizard7 and ewabc886 and have started to get an understanding of the process. In any case I will look at all information and then decide to proceed.
yes. just proceed with the new eMMC is ok
the dead one is simply garbage in most cases, but u can still keep it somewhere as a souvenir
with the prod.keys obtained
just make sure that u can also boot into Hekate to let PC read and write the eMMC
then you should be fine in the process

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much all and I am very elated to have succeeded I think, unless I am told differently . I have got it running with the new nand module. I have only one console with a bought nand to replace the old, which I am gladly keeping as a souvenir LOL. I followed pcwizard7 links provided and used the second link as I found that easy to follow having just the one console I guess. Now in auto rcm mode, must be left in sleep mode as if turned off must use hekate and load cfw and ofw 12.0.2. This is the so called spoof, right? The only thing I found the card reader does not read and gives errors. Is that because its tied up with something on the board or old nand. How can I rectify this and how to play cartridge games. Now what do I do with it and I know I cannot play online? Must carry on reading to find out. Thank you for all your help and please continue to provide advice or suggestions.

Last edited by Zeeko,

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much all and I am very elated to have succeeded I think, unless I am told differently . I have got it running with the new nand module. I have only one console with a bought nand to replace the old, which I am gladly keeping as a souvenir LOL. I followed pcwizard7 links provided and used the second link as I found that easy to follow having just the one console I guess. Now in auto rcm mode, must be left in sleep mode as if turned off must use hekate and load cfw and ofw 12.0.2. This is the so called spoof, right? The only thing I found the card reader does not read and gives errors. Is that because its tied up with something on the board or old nand. How can I rectify this and how to play cartridge games. Now what do I do with it and I know I cannot play online? Must carry on reading to find out. Thank you for all your help and please continue to provide advice or suggestions.
nogc=1
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/configurations.md

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ewabc886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Please see this about the limitation of using prodinfo.bin spoofing.
If you're not having prodinfo with donor, you will not be able to play gamecards

Zeeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ewabc886. Thank you and very interesting page. That makes sense of why I cannot use the game slot. I had used the generated Prodinfo bin. from scratch from my switch. My understanding from what I read from link if I had used the Prodinfo from donor /switch/generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin not from scratch choice from my switch then the slot would have worked? Can I use the existing rawnand. bin I am using now to make game slot work if I used generated from donor bin or do I have to restart the all process from the beginning?

Last edited by Zeeko,

ewabc886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@ewabc886. Thank you and very interesting page. That makes sense of why I cannot use the game slot. I had used the generated Prodinfo bin. from scratch from my switch. My understanding from what I read from link if I had used the Prodinfo from donor /switch/generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin not from scratch choice from my switch then the slot would have worked? Can I use the existing rawnand. bin I am using now to make game slot work if I used generated from donor bin or do I have to restart the all process from the beginning?
I'm not sure about that, because there can be device id mismatch among the files, which causes black screen on boot.
I will recommend to make a nand backup first now, which can at least let u boot, make a remark on the file or folder of the backup
Then u can try to do the prodinfo generated with donor file, and if it doesn't work, do the whole process again with prodinfo and other files given to u together.
In my guide, the pikafix pack should contain all the files you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm