Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post is @atkh
To which was posted on @Adran_Marit Wall..

Capture.JPG

Ok so atkh,

If you have a backup of your system before this format happen then you should be good to restore / fix your switch / unbrick..)

Any full backup you have you can restore with hekate, but first i think you need restore your gpt.. with gptrestore payload as you formatted the switch in windows, and need to restructure...
Hopefully you still have some backup of your prodinfo/ prodinfo f as without those you are screwed.. these are included in your nand backup..

Tell us what you backed up and we may be able to help you .

Good luck

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends how he formatted it. If it was a full format, he is screwed.

If it was a quick format, he may be able to recover providing nothing has written over it.

atkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your care... i don't have a backup (this is my mistake i konw ><")

I want to know if there is a chance to fix it ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as i say "my computer ask me to format the disk in drive G " and i choose format i don't konw if it was full format or quick format ....can i know if there is a way to check (full format or quick)?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your care... i don't have a backup (this is my mistake i konw ><")

I want to know if there is a chance to fix it ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as i say "my computer ask me to format the disk in drive G " and i choose format i don't konw if it was full format or quick format ....can i know if there is a way to check (full format or quick)?
Did it takes ages to format or not. If it did take ages, it was a full format. If it didn't take ages, it was probably a quick format. I think by default Windows does quick formats though

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try a partition recovery tool.. i think (mini partition tool) or (easus partition suite) to recover....
Not sure about this but try a hekate backup also first just to be safe, it should backup up all regardless if partition is visible or not.

atkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did like you say ...i download mini partition toll ..and i did recovery partition

Nothing has changed!!...my switch stuck at logo

https://b.top4top.net/p_1091gfqay1.jpg

I noticed my switch has unallocated 515.98 ...is this normal? or this is The problem that caused (brick ) ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe you do not know ...i had post in section Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods

this is quote from it

I apologize for bothering you again....

Last edited by atkh,

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so hopefully you backed up first what ever was in your nand, before or after the brick...
Im hoping its before..

After you formatted with windows, you can try or should of tried a partition recovery to try recover partition..
Then use gptrestore found here >click then use hekate to restore your backup

or hacdiskmount to restore or recover, or rebuild nand id use hekate first..

Aslong as you have prodinfo and prodinfo f backed up, along with biskeys..
Then you can recover or rebuild nand no matter what..

Good luck..

atkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so hopefully you backed up first what ever was in your nand, before or after the brick...
Im hoping its before..

After you formatted with windows, you can try or should of tried a partition recovery to try recover partition..
Then use gptrestore found here >click then use hekate to restore your backup

or hacdiskmount to restore or recover, or rebuild nand id use hekate first..

Aslong as you have prodinfo and prodinfo f backed up, along with biskeys..
Then you can recover or rebuild nand no matter what..

Good luck..

Thank you for giving me hope .....

i think the only solve is rebuild nand by follow this guide ... https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ ...am i correct ?

every thing is easy for me execpet step 7

I have no idea how to use ChoiDujour ?

and i want to know the keys Which it requires (ChoiDujour) is the same biskeys (BIS KEY 0 (crypt),,BIS KEY 0 (tweak)...etc)or Different ?

and if it is different how i get them ?

note: I know it's a stupid question ><"

Last edited by atkh,

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for giving me hope .....

i think the only solve is rebuild nand by follow this guide ... https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ ...am i correct ?

every thing is easy for me execpet step 7

I have no idea how to use ChoiDujour ?

and i want to know the keys Which it requires (ChoiDujour) is the same biskeys (BIS KEY 0 (crypt),,BIS KEY 0 (tweak)...etc)or Different ?

and if it is different how i get them ?

note: I know it's a stupid question ><"

Yes follow that guide to assist you.. all instructions are there, and are easy to follow..
The guide will work if your prodinfo's are still intact which is very doubtful since you reformatted..
Like i have said backup now , name it bad backup or something...
And hopefully if you have a old backup , you restore that first then follow the guide to update...to your current fuse count...

The keys that are required are to decrypt the nca files...

If you google switch key list from euro asia that should help you... New for 6.0 old for lower i believe

This is why we backup first before any modification to why i tell people soon as they post .( what should i do or can i hack my switch)..

Backup up first should be in every guide, at the beginning .

good luck to you..

atkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes follow that guide to assist you.. all instructions are there, and are easy to follow..
The guide will work if your prodinfo's are still intact which is very doubtful since you reformatted..
Like i have said backup now , name it bad backup or something...
And hopefully if you have a old backup , you restore that first then follow the guide to update...to your current fuse count...

The keys that are required are to decrypt the nca files...

If you google switch key list from euro asia that should help you... New for 6.0 old for lower i believe

This is why we backup first before any modification to why i tell people soon as they post .( what should i do or can i hack my switch)..

Backup up first should be in every guide, at the beginning .

good luck to you..

thank you for your patience...
I've been searching all these days so as not to disturb you ... but I have to bother you now> <"I'm really sorry because I could not find the solution

I'm still in step 7 ....I found the keys.txt from google i save it in the same folder of ChoiDujour ...i run ChoiDujour by "cmd" but when i insert the Command ( ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=keys.txt fw )

note: fw folder contain NX-3.0.2 "I found it by google then i download it"

This is the result of the Command

https://c.top4top.net/p_1098yx4ap1.jpg

What mistake did I commit ????

sorry for my English...i used google translate

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your patience...
I've been searching all these days so as not to disturb you ... but I have to bother you now> <"I'm really sorry because I could not find the solution

I'm still in step 7 ....I found the keys.txt from google i save it in the same folder of ChoiDujour ...i run ChoiDujour by "cmd" but when i insert the Command ( ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=keys.txt fw )

note: fw folder contain NX-3.0.2 "I found it by google then i download it"

This is the result of the Command

https://c.top4top.net/p_1098yx4ap1.jpg

What mistake did I commit ????

sorry for my English...i used google translate

Command is fine..

Use system files, for the system version that match your fuse count..

Use briccmii payload to get your fuse count...
FUSE COUNT .JPG

^^^^^^^^^^ Here were it says system version is the system (fw) files you need to download.
You can download the system files from AUTO XBINS which is a tool ( download ftp program) that you can search on the internet to download..and get your system files...

Also make sure you have hactools in the same folder as choidujour
Hactools download > https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/releases/download/1.2.0/hactool-1.2.0.win.zip

Also Either use old or new keys.. not both.. and remove extra keys or keys that give you warning in command...

The keys are only to decrypt the nca system files...

Please make sure you have read everything else i have said about

backing up
Getting your biskeys
Using or res
toring a old backup first.
Using gpt restore
Possible partition recovery with a partition recovery tool (mini partition tool etc )

If you havent made a backup before you do anything i asked,i am not responsible of what may happen to your switch...

If you have wiped your prodinfo and prodinfo f when you formatted the switch you have no chance of repairing without a nand backup before the problem occurred...

A nand backup from any version even system version 1.0 (From your console only of course) will help you repair...

Good luck there is not much more information i can give you ..

Except that if the switch is not useable or recoverable i think you may still be able to use lakka (linux) on your switch...

atkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Command is fine..

Use system files, for the system version that match your fuse count..

Use briccmii payload to get your fuse count...
View attachment 154100

^^^^^^^^^^ Here were it says system version is the system (fw) files you need to download.
You can download the system files from AUTO XBINS which is a tool ( download ftp program) that you can search on the internet to download..and get your system files...

Also make sure you have hactools in the same folder as choidujour
Hactools download > https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/releases/download/1.2.0/hactool-1.2.0.win.zip

Also Either use old or new keys.. not both.. and remove extra keys or keys that give you warning in command...

The keys are only to decrypt the nca system files...

Please make sure you have read everything else i have said about

backing up
Getting your biskeys
Using or res
toring a old backup first.
Using gpt restore
Possible partition recovery with a partition recovery tool (mini partition tool etc )

If you havent made a backup before you do anything i asked,i am not responsible of what may happen to your switch...

If you have wiped your prodinfo and prodinfo f when you formatted the switch you have no chance of repairing without a nand backup before the problem occurred...

A nand backup from any version even system version 1.0 (From your console only of course) will help you repair...

Good luck there is not much more information i can give you ..

Except that if the switch is not useable or recoverable i think you may still be able to use lakka (linux) on your switch...

i really thank you for your patience

i am just finish the guide .....and my fues number is 4( because i was 3.0.2 before the brick) I check it by briccmii

so i download the firmware 3.0.2 from link on youtube ....i used the firmware by ChoiDujour and evey thing is ok (Except the folder of safe..it was empty...and I think this is not important thing..am i right? )

in step 9 of this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

i select FS_302...etc by hekate ....in the end the result was stuck at logo

Any suggestion can help to solve the problem?? .....i really miss the home menu ><"

note:i can't use ftp program Because my switch is brick so i used HacDiskMount like the guide (I think both are doing the same thing)

Last edited by atkh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr