Gaming Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D Online Play Connection issues

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone else been having connection issues when connecting to the On-line server for playing an on-line game of Resident Evil Mercenaries?

When i first connect i get an error code and a please try again message, so i do it again and i get the same message however when i do it a third time it works and it continues to work until i power it off.

This happens every time! and it's always on the third connection, never the first or second or fourth, always on the third.

I can't remember the error code, i'll edit this with the error message but i think everyone who has the game will know what i mean.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I never have gotten this error when playing this game. Mine always connects on the first attempt. Maybe it's your internet or the UK servers or whatever? The issue for me lies in joining games, which takes forever since it always gives at least one message saying unable to connect to the other player.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immortal_no1 said:
...This happens every time! and it's always on the third connection, never the first or second or fourth, always on the third. ...

This is going to sound farfetched, and I truly couldn't tell you why it works, but it does: when you go to the online screen (where it says local multiplayer / online multiplayer), close your 3DS for a second, open it back up, and then try to log on. I've had the same problems as you, and when I tried this technique, I've never had the issue again. Note: if you accidentally try to log on before closing your 3DS, back out to the main menu and redo all of the aforementioned steps.

Let me know if this works for you.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Happens to me also!
I think that happens because..
when you play singleplayer (or when you haven't chosen multiplayer yet) the 3DS doesn't connect to the internet yet.

Just like how Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 3D disable the 3DS's internet connection when not in use.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
I was advised to actually turn off the wireless switch, then turn it back on again. The game connects fine if you do that.

It's unnecessary, though. Putting it into sleep mode for a mere second does the trick. But whatever works...

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Wintrale said:
I was advised to actually turn off the wireless switch, then turn it back on again. The game connects fine if you do that.

It's unnecessary, though. Putting it into sleep mode for a mere second does the trick. But whatever works...

...and yet I've never had a problem. Then again I don't play single player then go to multi in the same session. I'm curious if I'll get the error if I do this
unsure.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I get this issue as well, is it a strictly PAL problem? The only difference is that for my first few tries it worked on the fourth attempt, now it happens on my second almost every time- interestingly if I switch RE off and try using any other online straight after the error (E-Shop, update, friend list) I get the same error there and it won't resolve itself until either RE has worked or I reset the 3DS
Edit- just tried out the two options, they both worked (wifi switch on and off, sleep mode for a second) if I get the error, then turn off RE-Mercs I still need to reset my 3DS altogether before any WiFi at all works (neither option works outside of the game)
Still not an issue as it is easily resolved

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
Immortal_no1 said:
...This happens every time! and it's always on the third connection, never the first or second or fourth, always on the third. ...

This is going to sound farfetched, and I truly couldn't tell you why it works, but it does: when you go to the online screen (where it says local multiplayer / online multiplayer), close your 3DS for a second, open it back up, and then try to log on. I've had the same problems as you, and when I tried this technique, I've never had the issue again. Note: if you accidentally try to log on before closing your 3DS, back out to the main menu and redo all of the aforementioned steps.

Let me know if this works for you.

It works, good job, much quicker than waiting for the wifi to be turned off and on. Thanks, This seems to be a bug in the 3DS firmware interaction via a game (e.g RE: mercenaries), a 3DS software update can fix the problem. Now the waiting game begins. How long do you think it will take for Nintendo to apply a 4 line fix (nicely formatted) including a couple of curly braces {}? Hell you can do it in 2 and still make it readable.

if blahfunction{
blah;}

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...