Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly.
Contract or not, Capcom will only seek money :)
Fact is gaming is no longer a matter of fans or creators, is just money now :/
Not that I want to burst your nostalgia bubble or anything, but it's always been about money. It's a business y'know - you're in it to earn money.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seriously Capcom?
I though you were trying to squeeze the money out of the most played RE of all time, yet you refuse to listen to your fans about creating a RE 2&3 remake.

Also, no Wii U version?
There is no excuse as to not do it on Wii U as well, since PS3 and 360 are on graphical pair with it.

NOTE: I won't reply to anyone saying it is because of system sales.
The real question is why are you upset about no WiiU version when there is a superior PC version planned anyway?

NOTE: "I don't have/play on PC" doesn't count, a calculator will be able to run this game perfectly.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you wanted to play this on a Wii U, the Wii version of the game runs fine on the Wii U, upscaling and all.
Yep, that's how I've been playing it lately.
What I am afraid of is that they add some "bonus content" not spoke of in the video.
If it's just costumes I'm fine with it. XD

Not that I want to burst your nostalgia bubble or anything, but it's always been about money. It's a business y'know - you're in it to earn money.
Yeah, perhaps it was just that I was a kid and found games to be more creative back then and so.
Short words, I am just disappointed :/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, perhaps it was just that I was a kid and found games to be more creative back then and so.
Short words, I am just disappointed :/
Trust me when I say games are as arse as ever, you were just a kid and technology wasn't nearly as advanced, so you were more easily impressed. ;)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The real question is why are you upset about no WiiU version when there is a superior PC version planned anyway?

NOTE: "I don't have/play on PC" doesn't count, a calculator will be able to run this game perfectly.

Yep, my plan is to get the PC version actually if a Wii U version is not planned in the future.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's how I've been playing it lately.
What I am afraid of is that they add some "bonus content" not spoke of in the video.
If it's just costumes I'm fine with it. XD

Knowing Capcom these days it wouldn't surprise me if the invisible and explosive zombie modes weren't sold separate as DLC. Still there are a few bits I keep hearing that bother me like the 16:9 mode will be pan and scan which sounds somewhat dissapointing to me

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Knowing Capcom these days it wouldn't surprise me if the invisible and explosive zombie modes weren't sold separate as DLC. Still there are a few bits I keep hearing that bother me like the 16:9 mode will be pan and scan which sounds somewhat dissapointing to me

What's exactly pan and scan?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware of that deal between Capcom and Nintendo.
But Capcom was well aware of the sales of both PS2 and Gamecube during that time, yet sales didn't stopped them from releasing the game in a less successful (selling-wise of course) console.

I think you missed the "Because Nintendo went out of its way to make a contract" part. I don't know how you glazed over that, but hey.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This thread is full of whining children throwing tantrums.

So, you are not going to get exactly what you want. Grow up and get over it.
That's the thing though - we are getting exactly what we wanted. For years the fans whined about two things - returning to the original Resident Evil formula and re-releasing RE:Make on other platforms. We're getting both of those things now, but people still complain because it's "not a new game". Funny how GBATemp can go completely pants-on-head retarded over the slightest hint at a Majora's Mask remake, but when Resident Evil, the cream of the crop of all survival horror games, gets a remaster everybody's complaining.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's exactly pan and scan?

pop_hd_wide_ss01.jpg

pop_hd_wide_ss02.jpg

basically the screen will be cropped to what you see here and as you move up or down the screen will scroll to adjust the view. There will be 4.3 ratio in the game too so I can't say it is fucked, but just a bit disappointing at the choice is all

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pop_hd_wide_ss01.jpg

pop_hd_wide_ss02.jpg

basically the screen will be cropped to what you see here and as you move up or down the screen will scroll to adjust the view. There will be 4.3 ratio in the game too so I can't say it is fucked, but just a bit disappointing at the choice is all

So it will be kind of a Code Veronica effect?
In which the camera scrolls a little bit to follow the player, but without the 3D backgrounds of CV and it won't be native 16:9, only 4:3 with some camera "effects" to make it look like it is 16:9?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowOne333 said:
So it will be kind of a Code Veronica effect?
In which the camera scrolls a little bit to follow the player, but without the 3D backgrounds of CV and it won't be native 16:9, only 4:3 with some camera "effects" to make it look like it is 16:9?

Yep, you got it. Which is why I will stick to the Wii version for now until I find this on Steam at a decent price

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uggg. I wish they stopped beating this dead horse. I feel the only reason this game was so successful was games were few on consoles that were full-3D at the time. The series really didn't get good until after 4.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well personally I cant wait for this to hit PS4. If its priced correctly at say about £12.99 ($19.99 or close enough) then I will probably buy this day one. The gamecube version still holds up amazingly well today (on a CRT anyway!). If this is given a decent HD makeover to sharpen everything up to look good I imagine this will be a cracking seller.

People are also forgetting that Resident Evil is coming up to what.....20 years old nearly? And even the GC remake has got to be 12 or 13 years old surely.

Thats a vast amount of people that have probably never played the PS1 version because they are too young (plus it looks like shit these days) and a load of people who didnt play it on the gamecube because....well....not many people owned one.

This is a good call by Capcom. And hopefully if it does well, it can pave the way for them doing the same to Resi 2 and maybe Nemesis as well.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uggg. I wish they stopped beating this dead horse. I feel the only reason this game was so successful was games were few on consoles that were full-3D at the time. The series really didn't get good until after 4.

The series really didn't get good until after 4.

You might want to go back to the shop, son, because that is some low quality bait.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think that's entirely a matter of taste - I personally really enjoyed Resident Evil 1-3 and Code Veronica. 4 was something new and original, I liked the gameplay, but the whole parasite business didn't resonate with me. After that it was just a downward slope and I haven't played a truly enjoyable Resident Evil game since. The game was popular for the same reason any other game is - it was just good at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: This song has been my latest Kero Kero Bonito obsession. It's just so chill