Hacking Resetting calibration on OEM Gamecube controller (Nintendont)

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there any way to reset the calibration of the controller? It seems the default calibration has the analog stick stuck down, when it should not be. Connecting with Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joy. I am sure not to be touching the sticks when I launch Nintendont. Using the latest version for vWii.

I have tried the following:
- Connected the Mayflash with Gamecube controller to a PC and launched Dolphin (calibrated and working properly)
- Connecting to my old Gamecube (works fine)

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres probably an easier way to do it but you can do the oldschool way and use hidtest to adjust the deadzones when using the mayflash 3 in 1

or wait until someone else chimes in with a way to do it within Nintendont

Reactions: themyst

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres probably an easier way to do it but you can do the oldschool way and use hidtest to adjust the deadzones when using the mayflash 3 in 1

or wait until someone else chimes in with a way to do it within Nintendont

I tried HIDTest. and it shows nothing abnormal. Both analog sticks have full range of motion with no dead zone issues; the issue I'm having is that the left analog needs to be fully pushed right in order to be centered, both in an actual game and in the Nintendont UI.

If HIDTest with the current controller.ini shows normal function, would it be a bug on Nintendont's end? If so, where would I go to report? Thanks..

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried HIDTest. and it shows nothing abnormal. Both analog sticks have full range of motion with no dead zone issues; the issue I'm having is that the left analog needs to be fully pushed right in order to be centered, both in an actual game and in the Nintendont UI.

If HIDTest with the current controller.ini shows normal function, would it be a bug on Nintendont's end? If so, where would I go to report? Thanks..
do your deadzones match ones reported on this ini file?

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do your deadzones match ones reported on this ini file?

Hi, that is the same controller.ini in the root directory of my SD card, however I do not see anything relating to dead zones in that file. StickX and StickY show 3,0,100 and 4,0,100 respectively. How would i put my dead zone values under those two with the data given from HIDTest?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, that is the same controller.ini in the root directory of my SD card, however I do not see anything relating to dead zones in that file. StickX and StickY show 3,0,100 and 4,0,100 respectively. How would i put my dead zone values under those two with the data given from HIDTest?
push the stick in the direction thats causing issue and change the controller.ini file to the new results

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now I'm at my wit's end.

I got a Wii U to Gamecube adapter (one for Smash Bros) and it worked fine with Smash Bros U, and worked perfectly one time (tried Mario Sunshine, best test of Analog triggers) and everything worked perfectly.

Went back, tried to play the same game again, and same problem, analog stick is drifting.

I'm sure Nintendont has a config file or something that it creates that can be deleted. I scoured the entire USB drive for this particular file and it's nowhere to be found. What would I be looking for? Thanks again for your assistance.

Edit: searched around, seems I should have a nincfg.bin on the root of the SD card, but it's not there. I'm loading Nintendont through a channel forwarder in vWii mode.

Last edited by themyst,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday