ROM Hack [Research] FE: SOV Save Discussion

Ghostlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after finally being home, and considering the choices, I figured I'd make this as easy as possible for you guys, so this is what I'll do.

Attached here is a file with the character save blocks for both Berkut and Fernand, using the Robin save block from the OP post as a base, so just follow the instructions OP has listed for adding the amiibos, except this time you're adding Berkut and Fernand.

Do also note that they will not have any written dialogue enabled, stuff like lv up quotes, death quotes, etc, will be missing, because those are coded for a certain version of Fernand and Berkut that simply do not exist in the game, so the refferences need to be redirected for them to work, attached here is an example edit to re-enable lv up quotes and class change quotes for English versions of the game, the download also includes a luma folder, just place that in the root of your SD and enbale luma game patching, and USA versions of the game will have level up quotes and class changing quotes for both of them.

Small video of these units in action

Really appreciate this! THanks!

Ghostlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after finally being home, and considering the choices, I figured I'd make this as easy as possible for you guys, so this is what I'll do.

Attached here is a file with the character save blocks for both Berkut and Fernand, using the Robin save block from the OP post as a base, so just follow the instructions OP has listed for adding the amiibos, except this time you're adding Berkut and Fernand.

Do also note that they will not have any written dialogue enabled, stuff like lv up quotes, death quotes, etc, will be missing, because those are coded for a certain version of Fernand and Berkut that simply do not exist in the game, so the refferences need to be redirected for them to work, attached here is an example edit to re-enable lv up quotes and class change quotes for English versions of the game, the download also includes a luma folder, just place that in the root of your SD and enbale luma game patching, and USA versions of the game will have level up quotes and class changing quotes for both of them.

Small video of these units in action

Scratch what I said. I did it. It worked out. Just gotta make sure the luma folder lines are working too.

Last edited by Ghostlander,

Dzm20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, made an account to comment here. Despite a lack of experience, the hex editing seems simple, but my issue lies in FEST and FEAST - neither of them are working for me. FEAST has multiple errors (invalid startIndex, "This media is write protected") that prevent me from decompressing my save, while FEST opens then closes immediatlely. Apologies for the dumb questions, and not contributing to the thread, but Idon't know where else to ask,

FEST needs to be in the same folder as the save file
For example, in a folder you have FEST and Chapter1
Just drag Chapter1 onto FEST

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really bad doing these things, I would really aprecite if anyone can put Alm and Celica from my second save into the first one. The reason? I used the special DLC to promote both and now they can't use anything, they didn't have any class.

Maybe @Koko-Kun can help me
Your save looks ok. I don't see the problem. They can hold and use their weapons. If you didn't edit the file then there shouldn't be a problem.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Your save looks ok. I don't see the problem. They can hold and use their weapons. If you didn't edit the file then there shouldn't be a problem.
No, if you didn't have the DLC on the console the game didn't care about the weapons, they didn't attack and only can move one square. I need they with their classes back, the "hero" and "princess" one.

I will really apreciate it if you can change that, my problem is that I use my N3DSXL to play the game, but my O3DS with CFW to play the DLC, then when I want to play on my N3DSXL as always they are useless.

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if you didn't have the DLC on the console the game didn't care about the weapons, they didn't attack and only can move one square. I need they with their classes back, the "hero" and "princess" one.

I will really apreciate it if you can change that, my problem is that I use my N3DSXL to play the game, but my O3DS with CFW to play the DLC, then when I want to play on my N3DSXL as always they are useless.
Oh I see. I changed them back to their former class.

Attachments

• FE_Echoes__Shadows_of_Valentia.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 130

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Oh I see. I changed them back to their former class.
Uhh, something went wrong, now Alm is named "Anonymous" (in spanish), and there's no Alm or class, Celica is fine.

VQlDHef.jpg

Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,

tgu745

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the guides but I need some help. How do I know which chapter data to use if I've beaten the game. I have 34 units(i got deen through an ntr cheat). The data I edited was chapter0. I wanted to add berkrut and ferdnand into my game so I added 2 to my TINU and pasted the character blocks here.
upload_2017-6-6_17-25-51.png

I don't get what I'm supposed to do with the pointers. I've found them but I don't get what I'm reversing and what I'm replacing.
I included all my files just in case I edited the wrong one but the one I edited was chapter0.

Attachments

• Archive.rar
    72.8 KB · Views: 229

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the guides but I need some help. How do I know which chapter data to use if I've beaten the game. I have 34 units(i got deen through an ntr cheat). The data I edited was chapter0. I wanted to add berkrut and ferdnand into my game so I added 2 to my TINU and pasted the character blocks here.
View attachment 89234

I don't get what I'm supposed to do with the pointers. I've found them but I don't get what I'm reversing and what I'm replacing.
I included all my files just in case I edited the wrong one but the one I edited was chapter0.

I should have clarified that. The first pair of bytes is the pointer to TOPS, second pair of bytes is the pointer to TINU, third pair of bytes is the pointer to NART, fourth pair of bytes is the pointer to IFER, and the fifth pair of bytes is the pointer to ILER.

Now you find the respective text strings. The offset of the first letter of the string is the one you want to remember. You want to reverse the order of the offset. I guess it's better to imagine it as this 0x7A 90, as an example. The last byte now goes first. So now it's 0x90 7A, the new offset of whatever string, let's just say TOPS. You would then just replace the first pointer, the first pair of bytes, with the new reversed offset.

Was this too complex?

tgu745

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have clarified that. The first pair of bytes is the pointer to TOPS, second pair of bytes is the pointer to TINU, third pair of bytes is the pointer to NART, fourth pair of bytes is the pointer to IFER, and the fifth pair of bytes is the pointer to ILER.

Now you find the respective text strings. The offset of the first letter of the string is the one you want to remember. You want to reverse the order of the offset. I guess it's better to imagine it as this 0x7A 90, as an example. The last byte now goes first. So now it's 0x90 7A, the new offset of whatever string, let's just say TOPS. You would then just replace the first pointer, the first pair of bytes, with the new reversed offset.

Was this too complex?
Ok if I'm understanding correctly if for my NART, the first letter's offset is 0x7979 and the current pointer is A7 78 I would change it to 79 79? Also am I using the correct file? I don't really get why there is 3 chapter saves lol. This is really a learning experience for my so I'm actually having a lot of fun doing this

Phyzyzyks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I was wrong and can't make heads or tails of this. Say I want to replace Nomah with Berkut. I simply search for his ID and replace it with Berkut's, yes? I tried that and nothing happened.

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok if I'm understanding correctly if for my NART, the first letter's offset is 0x7979 and the current pointer is A7 78 I would change it to 79 79? Also am I using the correct file? I don't really get why there is 3 chapter saves lol. This is really a learning experience for my so I'm actually having a lot of fun doing this
That seems about right. Chapter0 is Chapter 1 graphically in game, Chapter1 is Chapter 2, and Chapter2 is Chapter 3. Have fun :toot:

Alright, so I was wrong and can't make heads or tails of this. Say I want to replace Nomah with Berkut. I simply search for his ID and replace it with Berkut's, yes? I tried that and nothing happened.
Yeah. Er nothing happening that's weird. Did you drag your decompressed file into FEST for the compressed file?

Phyzyzyks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems about right. Chapter0 is Chapter 1 graphically in game, Chapter1 is Chapter 2, and Chapter2 is Chapter 3. Have fun :toot:

Yeah. Er nothing happening that's weird. Did you drag your decompressed file into FEST for the compressed file?

100% sure I did. (Even did the whole process twice)

Granted, all I'm doing is replacing the character and class IDs and nothing else. Could that be the source of the issue?

Last edited by Phyzyzyks,

Dale Ginney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did all of the steps in the guide and I still lost most of my items, can someone check it out and see what I did wrong

Attachments

• Chapter2_dec.rar
    17.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by Dale Ginney,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...