Homebrew Homebrew game Requesting for Super Paper Mario to be ported to the 3DS

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I would like to ask any homebrew developer here for a port of Super Paper Mario - a Wii game - for the 3DS. This game is one of my favorite games for the Wii, and since the 3ds has obtained many Gamecube ports, and the upgraded model (the "New" 3DS) is powerful enough to run Xenoblade Chronicles, I am completely sure that SPM is able to be ported on here.
The 3DS can barely emulate PS1 games. We can't emulate wii. No way no how. Heck even the Nintendo Switch can barely play Emulate Gamecube games imo (Some do run full speed)

Xenoblade runs on the 3DS because it was made specifically for the system. So the only way we will get something like this would be if someone decompiles the game much like what happened with Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 so they can also make a version specifically for the 3DS

Reactions: AbolishIPLaws

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey. I would like to ask any homebrew developer here for a port of Super Paper Mario - a Wii game - for the 3DS. This game is one of my favorite games for the Wii, and since the 3ds has obtained many Gamecube ports, and the upgraded model (the "New" 3DS) is powerful enough to run Xenoblade Chronicles, I am completely sure that SPM is able to be ported on here.
You can't port a game without source code. And I don't see a full RE of Super Paper Mario anywhere.

Reactions: fmhugo

Cystra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS can barely emulate PS1 games. We can't emulate wii. No way no how. Heck even the Nintendo Switch can barely play Emulate Gamecube games imo (Some do run full speed)

Xenoblade runs on the 3DS because it was made specifically for the system. So the only way we will get something like this would be if someone decompiles the game much like what happened with Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 so they can also make a version specifically for the 3DS
i was talking about recreation, like how some homebrew dev is working on porting sonic unleashed to 3ds, or whatever the hell super mario galaxy DS is.

ragnarok_approaches123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While not impossible, it's just not going to happen. Nobody is going to go to the trouble of recoding the game from scratch for the 3DS just because you made a request online. Just play it on a Wii or something which can emulate it well like the Steam Deck or a PC.

Reactions: PacBunnyXV07

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible as the New 3ds is a more capable console than the Wii, the only issue is that there's no source code available for pretty much any wii game. But as soon as there is, there will probably be tons of Wii ports to the n3ds(and maybe even the old 3ds as that is on par with a wii)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately pointing to Monolithsoft's xeno series is a really bad example of what's capable on a console. Monolith have proved they are completely in a league of their own when you consider XC1 on Wii, then again on 3DS, XCX on the Wiiu and XC2 and 3 on the Switch. A system that most users point to how "under powered" the system is when their precious Pokemon doesn't run well.

Monolith is the only reason the Switch Zeldas work at all.

A single Homebrewer or even a small community probably isn't going to get any wii game running on the 3ds, source code or not.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately pointing to Monolithsoft's xeno series is a really bad example of what's capable on a console. Monolith have proved they are completely in a league of their own when you consider XC1 on Wii, then again on 3DS, XCX on the Wiiu and XC2 and 3 on the Switch. A system that most users point to how "under powered" the system is when their precious Pokemon doesn't run well.

A single Homebrewer or even a small community probably isn't going to get any wii game running on the 3ds, source code or not.
That just means everybody else needs to git gud. Clearly the platforms are capable of it.

Wasn't aware they were involved in Botw/TotK's development though. That explains a lot.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's two paths for this sort of thing, emulation or de-compiled and then compiled for the console of choice. Emulation is out of the question for the 3DS since it's a low spec device, and a decompile for anything after the N64 would most likely require a ton of work that wouldn't be done for years, and even then it would be on a game by game basic, like what is happening to several N64 games that have already started seeing ports everywhere since they've finally been de-compiled.

Either way it's not gonna happen for years if ever.

Edit: A quick check on DaedalusX64, the N64 emulator for the 3DS cites Paper Mario as "Playable", with some issues and bad audio. So you have that as an option at least.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you asking the homebrew community and not Mr.Nintendo? Not gonna lie, you made me feel bad for asking for ports on the Vita.

ragnarok_approaches123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do I fucking delete this shit?
You can try asking a staff member nicely. If they refuse then accept you made a low quality thread and move on. It will be forgotten in a few months.

I agree that Monolithsoft is a bad example. They prove what is possible, not what other developers will realistically do. But Pokemon is a bad example too because, to say it nicely, the programmers aren't given enough time to optimise the code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1