[REQUEST] Tricking vWii into using Wii U's GameCube USB adapter natively

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lordelan, Apr 21, 2017.

1. lordelan
    OP

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    What I'm dreaming of can be described in one picture. :P
    wii u gc.png

Can't the vWii be tricked into this by some kind of cIOS stuff or something like that?
    I mean look at this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes
    There are many games that would work in an instant.
    I guess there's no doubt that GameCube Controllers are nothing but fantastic and thanks to HID to VPAD they are great for Wii U games already.
    Let's make the Wii U an even nicer place by pimping the vWii as well. :yayu:

2. Darkji

Darkji Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    France
    This, plus a patch that allows the vWii to recognize the WiiU gamepad as Wii remote + classic controller, so we don't have to use Wii remotes anymore !

ManuelKoegler likes this.
  3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Well if the GC controllers are recognized, that's already enough. Nothing prevents you from booting directly from the Wii U home menu into USB Loader GX, using hbl2hbc (and wiiu2hbc if you want).

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    this will never work becuase of how wii or vwii operate sadly.

the wii controller support stuff in on the gameitself not on the console, so controller patches would need to be made game by game sadly, that is the reason this hasnt been done yet, for wiiu gamepad you would probably need to write an ios for it to work.

DarthDub, iVcU and KiiWii like this.
  5. lordelan
    OP

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So you're telling me that every single game has the known fact, that the console (Wii) has GC controller ports, built in instead of being a global parameter that is passed by an API like other hardware things that the Wii U has (for example RAM)?

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    what im saying is the wii doesnt have anything running on the background this applys to vwii too, the background stuff just doesnt exist so you cant patch stuff while running games since they use every recource, thats why people had to make cios becuase there is no working background stuff we could use while on vwii/wii.

7. lordelan
    OP

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yeah and that's exactly what I was thinking of: A cIOS that tricks the vWii. :P

8. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    *yawn* Well we need to get somebody to code a custom IOS for that. vWii is still hiding alot of stuff and since we have ability to dump it [SLCMTTP], it shouldn't be a problem anymore..

lordelan likes this.
  9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    good luck finding a cios creator that wants to make anything anymore, the cios people were rare and extremely smart and they are gone now lol.