Hacking [REQUEST] Tricking vWii into using Wii U's GameCube USB adapter natively

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I'm dreaming of can be described in one picture. :P
wii u gc.png

Can't the vWii be tricked into this by some kind of cIOS stuff or something like that?
I mean look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes
There are many games that would work in an instant.
I guess there's no doubt that GameCube Controllers are nothing but fantastic and thanks to HID to VPAD they are great for Wii U games already.
Let's make the Wii U an even nicer place by pimping the vWii as well. :yayu:

Reactions: geoGolem

Darkji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This, plus a patch that allows the vWii to recognize the WiiU gamepad as Wii remote + classic controller, so we don't have to use Wii remotes anymore !

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This, plus a patch that allows the vWii to recognize the WiiU gamepad as Wii remote + classic controller, so we don't have to use Wii remotes anymore !
Well if the GC controllers are recognized, that's already enough. Nothing prevents you from booting directly from the Wii U home menu into USB Loader GX, using hbl2hbc (and wiiu2hbc if you want).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this will never work becuase of how wii or vwii operate sadly.

the wii controller support stuff in on the gameitself not on the console, so controller patches would need to be made game by game sadly, that is the reason this hasnt been done yet, for wiiu gamepad you would probably need to write an ios for it to work.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this will never work becuase of how wii or vwii operate sadly.

the wii controller support stuff in on the gameitself not on the console, so controller patches would need to be made game by game sadly, that is the reason this hasnt been done yet, for wiiu gamepad you would probably need to write an ios for it to work.
So you're telling me that every single game has the known fact, that the console (Wii) has GC controller ports, built in instead of being a global parameter that is passed by an API like other hardware things that the Wii U has (for example RAM)?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So you're telling me that every single game has the known fact, that the console (Wii) has GC controller ports, built in instead of being a global parameter that is passed by an API like other hardware things that the Wii U has (for example RAM)?
what im saying is the wii doesnt have anything running on the background this applys to vwii too, the background stuff just doesnt exist so you cant patch stuff while running games since they use every recource, thats why people had to make cios becuase there is no working background stuff we could use while on vwii/wii.

D

Deleted User

*yawn* Well we need to get somebody to code a custom IOS for that. vWii is still hiding alot of stuff and since we have ability to dump it [SLCMTTP], it shouldn't be a problem anymore..

Reactions: lordelan

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
good luck finding a cios creator that wants to make anything anymore, the cios people were rare and extremely smart and they are gone now lol.
It is unfortunate that nothing ever happened to resolve this. Based on my understanding, it should be possible but is difficult and requires alot of work by someone who has an understanding of Wii cios etc..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM