ROM Hack Request Translation - 2713: Princess Maker 4 Special Edition (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SeanoRLY? said:
Batman55 said:
Why would you want to play a game called Princess Maker?

Are you familiar with pedophilia?

You know that has nothing to do with the game right? Next time at least look a bit into the series before opening your mouth.

I would help if I could, but I know crap about hacking, and the most I can translate is the easy stuff like menus, stats, and stuff. XD

BlueFlame90

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
miruki said:
Geez, don't be all whiny about all these translation requests, I mean, sure three threads requesting for a Pokemon Platinum translation in one day without offering any help or being nice and stuff IS annoying, but it's not like mhkwong asked rudely, he even took an example from that "Request a translation - the correct way" thread and offered all necessary info and stuff...

I don't think it's fair to flame him like this when he asked the correct way like he's been told in that sticky.
That's right!
Requesting for a translation isn't annoying, as long it's done in the correct way and only one thread for the same game.
Pokemon Platinum was really annoying! And just saying translate please is not enough either!

What mhkwong did was ok and he shouldn't be flamed for a correct translating request.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While I agree that asking for complete translations is unrealistic on a game that isn't super popular, but simple menu translations isn't very hard or time consuming to do, so that is something which I would support.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Miruki, are you interested in this translation?
I owe you one after all
tongue.gif

The source is included in the rom...
blink.gif

Yes...there are a bunch of C files in the src folder...

wl.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
english patch for pc version just translated some interfacw words, bot not ingame text.

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks miruki, Noitora, GrayFox2510, BlueFlame90, Zaraf and wl. for the the support.

miruki said:
he even took an example from that "Request a translation - the correct way" thread and offered all necessary info and stuff...

I don't think it's fair to flame him like this when he asked the correct way like he's been told in that sticky.
Thanks for noticing. Yes I read the that thread first before I posted this topic.

Noitora said:
miruki said:
I totally agree with you.

Thank you.

Posts merged

GrayFox2510 said:
SeanoRLY? said:
Batman55 said:
Why would you want to play a game called Princess Maker?

Are you familiar with pedophilia?

You know that has nothing to do with the game right? Next time at least look a bit into the series before opening your mouth.

I would help if I could, but I know crap about hacking, and the most I can translate is the easy stuff like menus, stats, and stuff. XD

Yes, I just ignored his message. Translating the menus, stats and items(submenu options) are the main things that needed to be translated really. Because there is so many outcomes depending on how or what you click at the submenus. It would be nice to know which item you are clicking on.

Posts merged
GrayFox2510 said:
SeanoRLY? said:
Batman55 said:

QUOTE(BlueFlame90 @ Sep 27 2008, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE(miruki @ Sep 27 2008, 10:45 PM)
Geez, don't be all whiny about all these translation requests, I mean, sure three threads requesting for a Pokemon Platinum translation in one day without offering any help or being nice and stuff IS annoying, but it's not like mhkwong asked rudely, he even took an example from that "Request a translation - the correct way" thread and offered all necessary info and stuff...

That's right!
Requesting for a translation isn't annoying, as long it's done in the correct way and only one thread for the same game.
Pokemon Platinum was really annoying! And just saying translate please is not enough either!

What mhkwong did was ok and he shouldn't be flamed for a correct translating request.
Thanks for the support. They can flame me all they like, I followed the way I was told in the sticky and I asked in a polite way. So at long as I dont get a warning or ban for this, then I am ok.

QUOTE(Noitora @ Sep 27 2008, 11:31 PM)
This game's inner file system is strange...really strange,no kidding, why would they include the source?
What the heck?
Yes I can see the data.bin file now. and I see the source code. Hmm... I understand C and C++. So reading the code aint that hard. But I cant seem to understand how to decompress and compress the data.bin file.

I know the source file "bds_lib.c" points to the data.bin file. and it somehow can reference the sprites, variables and pointers in it. But i dont see how i extracts that information from the LZ-compression.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mhkwong said:
Thanks miruki, Noitora, GrayFox2510, BlueFlame90, Zaraf and wl. for the the support.

miruki said:
he even took an example from that "Request a translation - the correct way" thread and offered all necessary info and stuff...

Thanks for noticing. Yes I read the that thread first before I posted this topic.
SEE! Yes, yes, I'm really good at noticing things.. XDD *coughs*

Ehh... anyways, if you guys figure out how to extract the text, I'd gladly do a translation for at least the menu bits and items/descriptions.. it depends on how much text the story script has, since I'd rather spent my time translating my lovely dating sims for girls instead of those for guys.. ;__; but if it's not too much I could do a little of that too.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
SEE! Yes, yes, I'm really good at noticing things.. XDD *coughs*

You are???
wink.gif

on topic: this game looks interesting enough. and to all the haters....leave him be. he requested it the right way. theres no need to take out your pokemon plat. requests on this guy

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
BlueFlame90 said:

No, it's still annoying, but he did it correctly, which is why I didn't flame him. The request system here is totally broken, but he followed the standards (as such), that are in place now. Which doesn't mean he knows the time that goes into one of these things (PM4 looks especially text heavy). Doing things the right way, and acting politely to people you're asking help for shouldn't be lauded and it's sad that we are doing so because the expectations are so low here.

QUOTE(Zaraf @ Sep 28 2008, 06:41 AM) While I agree that asking for complete translations is unrealistic on a game that isn't super popular, but simple menu translations isn't very hard or time consuming to do, so that is something which I would support.

How on earth do you know if a simple menu translation is hard or not?
The game format might be really bizarre. It might use some outside jouyo kanji for the menus. How would you know?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
why are people so uppity about him asking for a translation? A simple "Yes i will help" or just don't reply. Its not like he requested a game that's guaranteed to have an English release.

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm behind you guys on this translation project. I would like to help in any way I can. I wish we had a loli parenting sim in America :[

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On that note, if someone figures how to extract and then re-compress the data, assuming it's not a crazy-ass method to edit the menus and item's stuff (images or just plain text with limited pointers and stuff), I could probably translate.

I'm not too savvy in the whole ROM hacking thing, but I know a bit of Japanese to help with the little things.

And to whoever mentioned how much text the game would have in terms of plot or story, a lot. Trust me. The whole game is mostly text with a few extra things. I think PM4 included adventures again, but I can't quite remember and I haven't played much yet. But otherwise, there's an amount of text comparable to any small-scale RPG, if not more.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GrayFox2510 said:
And to whoever mentioned how much text the game would have in terms of plot or story, a lot. Trust me. The whole game is mostly text with a few extra things. I think PM4 included adventures again, but I can't quite remember and I haven't played much yet. But otherwise, there's an amount of text comparable to any small-scale RPG, if not more.
Is that so? I remember the PM games having much less text than your usual novel game / dating sim, I expect it to be like Tokimeki Memorial, mostly stat raising and small events inbetween here and there and a few bigger events every now and then... but I haven't played PM4 yet, so I don't really know.

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, maybe I'm getting confused with PM5. I do recall that having a lot more of scenes, since your daughter has a lot of friends and every now and then something happens.

*shrugs*

Rhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've actually played through PM4 (and all the PM games in the series, actually) quite a few times, so I could help with scenario translations and summary, even though I doubt the translation will get anywhere near that far.

I actually really love this series. It started at the old PM2 English patch and stemmed out from there. It saddens me that the game never made it over to English, I believe the gaming community is really missing out on a gem of a series.

Miruki, we seem to have the same taste in games ;D

Algester

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kikuchiyo said:
BlueFlame90 said:

No, it's still annoying, but he did it correctly, which is why I didn't flame him. The request system here is totally broken, but he followed the standards (as such), that are in place now. Which doesn't mean he knows the time that goes into one of these things (PM4 looks especially text heavy). Doing things the right way, and acting politely to people you're asking help for shouldn't be lauded and it's sad that we are doing so because the expectations are so low here.

QUOTE(Zaraf @ Sep 28 2008, 06:41 AM) While I agree that asking for complete translations is unrealistic on a game that isn't super popular, but simple menu translations isn't very hard or time consuming to do, so that is something which I would support.

How on earth do you know if a simple menu translation is hard or not?
The game format might be really bizarre. It might use some outside jouyo kanji for the menus. How would you know?
apparently we all knew that there was already an english GUI translation which can be found here
http://deekoo.net/technocracy/pm4_english/
should i be breaking some rules tell me so and ill edit this post
http://whineaboutgames.blogspot.com/2007/1...tion-patch.html
with the screenshot this should be the best reference out there as from the looks of it the GUI had only minor changes i could help a bit once i get PM4 playing again on my PC but it will take up some time before i could find the time once again to play PM4 due to my PC V novel game backlog

BlueFlame90

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The first problem here is that the file is compressed and i don't know how to uncompress it or compress it back.
Second is that the GUI is probaly graphics that need to be edited.
So i don't belive that this is something someone could make so easily. I would do it if i could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shoot the duck free meal +1