ROM Hack [REQUEST] Hyrule Warriors: DE editor?

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the tip on the first page, and following patterns, I've managed to max out to level 255 all except for the four I haven't unlocked (Toon Zelda, Medli, Ravio, Yuga). I'll get those when I unlock them, which I'll be working on once I have money again (I just happened to be maxing out my rupees again and figured I'd post these blocks.)

Warning, I don't know to what character they go to. I have a hunch that one offset higher (so 00033590 if if the value was 000335A0) is the outfit the character is wearing as it's identical with nearly every character. But, here's the blocks I've found and using them I've leveled the previous list all to 255, complete with hearts and strength properly through the game:

3308C-3308E
330BC-330BE
330EC-330EE
3311C-3311E
3314C-3314E
3317C-3317E
331AC-331AE
331DC-331DE
3320C-3320E
3323C-3323E
3326C-3326E
3329C-3329E
332CC-332CE
332FC-332FE
3332C-3332E
3335C-3335E
3338C-3338E
333BC-333BE
333EC-333EE
3347C-3347E
334AC-334AE
334DC-334DE
3350C-3350E
3353C-3353E
(I suspect 3356C-3356E is a value for someone who I haven't unlocked yet, as there's a bunch of 00s there right now)
3359C-3359E

Setting that block to "D9 F5 C3" and killing one mook gets the characters to 255. Will report with the other characters as soon as I have them if someone doesn't beat me to it.

With that I have 20/24 characters "properly" leveled to 255.

Hope this helps with the editor and anyone looking to max out their characters. Sorry I don't have names, but I'm guessing they're going in descending order starting with Link.

I can confirm this is all correct, having done it all manually, though I too do not know which corresponds to which character aside from a few I used to initially find them, but the descending order theory seems to fit the pattern. I will say, if you max the EXP of a character you don't have, it will be undone when unlocking them, but with no immediately visible ill side effects, just something to note that it won't do you any good until you get them.

rdavis0688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this is all correct, having done it all manually, though I too do not know which corresponds to which character aside from a few I used to initially find them, but the descending order theory seems to fit the pattern. I will say, if you max the EXP of a character you don't have, it will be undone when unlocking them, but with no immediately visible ill side effects, just something to note that it won't do you any good until you get them.
Can you fill in the blanks for the characters that I don't have so Scarlet can update the editor when they're ready to get back at it?

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you fill in the blanks for the characters that I don't have so Scarlet can update the editor when they're ready to get back at it?
Apologies for misspeaking, I didn't mean to say I could confirm all characters, as I don't have them all unlocked yet either.

However, the character data is clearly stored in blocks of three lines (xxxxxxx0 - xxxxxxxF being one line), which is the method I've been going off and so far has worked every time I've unlocked a new character. All character data by that logic would be from 33080 or shortly before it to 3362F and every third line has the EXP addresses. So far it's worked for every single character, and based on how the characters I don't have unlocked yet have similar patterns in their "blocks" I'm almost certain the pattern fits. I've been pushing to get my last few characters available and will update when I can fully confirm the rest, if you or someone else hasn't yet, but in the mean time this is the list I've been using as characters have become available.

3308C-3308E
330BC-330BE
330EC-330EE
3311C-3311E
3314C-3314E
3317C-3317E
331AC-331AE
331DC-331DE
3320C-3320E
3323C-3323E
3326C-3326E
3329C-3329E
332CC-332CE
332FC-332FE
3332C-3332E
3335C-3335E
3338C-3338E
333BC-333BE
333EC-333EE
3341C-3341E
3344C-3344E
3347C-3347E
334AC-334AE
334DC-334DE
3350C-3350E
3353C-3353E
3356C-3356E
3359C-3359E
335CC-335CE
335FC-335FE
3362C-3362E

After that, the pattern present in locked characters stops, which lines up with exactly all 31 playable characters in game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that's 31 including Cucco and Ganon which are playable only in challenge mode if my understanding is correct, but they level up as well so it should still apply appropriately. The other 29 are the ones shown on character select.

Last edited by WTFsandwich,

rdavis0688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went through and unlocked all the characters minus the giant cucco, and played through ganon's fury a bit to get him to 255. Everyone on the roster (minus Cucco) is 255 on this save that I'm uploading. Hex search for max XP (D9 F5 C3) and you'll find the relevant offsets as to where to set them in your editor. Again, I don't know the names, but I have all of the characters. including beast ganon, at 255. There was a minor graphical glitch if the character had never earned XP before it seems, so I'd advise the character earns at least 1 kill (or possibly level) before doing this to avoid weird glitches that are otherwise harmless. Hopefully this helps. I'm going to bed, it's 4am, and while I love this game, I love sleep more. :P

If this is the wrong file, I blame delirium and will fix it when I wake up. Night folks.
(The file is meant to be read as "all roster 255 minus cucco" but of course it could be read a ton of different ways)

Edit: And for the above list that @WTFsandwich posted, the final line is off by a row it should read 3362C-3362E. I took a chance but noticed that it didn't follow the pattern. Otherwise that list is solid it seems. I don't have any other offsets I personally need unless someone has a "4+ 5* 8-slot weapon in slot 1" for every character. :P

Thanks again.

-- Alana

Attachments

• allroster255-cucco.zip
    9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by rdavis0688,
Reactions: WTFsandwich

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
link's level max doesn't work.
and rdavis0688's address works very well.
so I wonder maybe something wrong with program.
Yeah I was kinda guessing. That's why I figured I'd put it in as experimental lol. I'll fix it later tonight with the different offsets.

Reactions: Ninboy2

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went through and unlocked all the characters minus the giant cucco, and played through ganon's fury a bit to get him to 255. Everyone on the roster (minus Cucco) is 255 on this save that I'm uploading. Hex search for max XP (D9 F5 C3) and you'll find the relevant offsets as to where to set them in your editor. Again, I don't know the names, but I have all of the characters. including beast ganon, at 255. There was a minor graphical glitch if the character had never earned XP before it seems, so I'd advise the character earns at least 1 kill (or possibly level) before doing this to avoid weird glitches that are otherwise harmless. Hopefully this helps. I'm going to bed, it's 4am, and while I love this game, I love sleep more. :P

If this is the wrong file, I blame delirium and will fix it when I wake up. Night folks.
(The file is meant to be read as "all roster 255 minus cucco" but of course it could be read a ton of different ways)

Edit: And for the above list that @WTFsandwich posted, the final line is off by a row it should read 3362C-3362E. I took a chance but noticed that it didn't follow the pattern. Otherwise that list is solid it seems. I don't have any other offsets I personally need unless someone has a "4+ 5* 8-slot weapon in slot 1" for every character. :P

Thanks again.

-- Alana
Good catch, updated the post. Someone earlier in here posted an old thread on the 3DS save editing, which had some good information on weapons in the save file. I'm gonna give it a read and play around with it some this week and see if I can gleam anything useful on that front.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good catch, updated the post. Someone earlier in here posted an old thread on the 3DS save editing, which had some good information on weapons in the save file. I'm gonna give it a read and play around with it some this week and see if I can gleam anything useful on that front.
Let me know if you need any help understanding stuff from the 3DS version, I put a good bit of time into it when HWL first came out.

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me know if you need any help understanding stuff from the 3DS version, I put a good bit of time into it when HWL first came out.

Thank you, will do!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Scarlet

Actually I do have something to ask already, regarding the pastebin you had posted regarding the weapon format. Do you recall if there's any order to how weapons are stored in the save? Are they grouped by character and/or by weapon type or is it in order received in game?

Have a few ideas how to approach it depending on that.

Reactions: Scarlet

BitBobble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea what the IDs are for the weapons Ganon's Rage & the one for Cucco's Spirit?

Edit: Nevermind. 6C and 6D. I was able to copy/paste the weapons portion of a 3DS save I had and added a 6C and 6D weapon to two blank slots and it fixed the Ganon's Fury bug I had before where I had another character's moveset and different camera.

Last edited by BitBobble,

Travis959

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird glitch where my save won't save my progress anymore even though it is "saved" multiple times. For instance, if I level up my characters or do a bunch of adventure map levels, then close the game and go back into it. It's always reverts to what my save was before I did the above things.

This started after the latest update and I added the fairy food. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to revert to a past save and see if the issue is still there.

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Following this pastebin provided by @Scarlet (https://pastebin.com/5ympDt6b) I was able to successfully add a few functioning weapons into my save. The information, aside from the offsets on where weapon blocks begin (I think it starts at 337FD now) seems to remain accurate. I cannot confirm every weapon ID, as I lack the time or patience to test each one, but so far each one I've tested has worked.

My only remaining questions I would need answered is regarding the weapon identifier portion of the structure; whether "legendary" implies a level X+ as opposed to "normal" just being level X or otherwise if not that then what it does specify, whether each weapon type has a 4+ or if some only go to 4, and if any weapons were added in this edition of the game from the 3DS version.

I'm also curious why the stucture only has 7 places for skill related kill counts if the weapons can possess up to 8 slots, but I can't forsee anyone willingly adding kill requirements to a hacked in weapon so I doubt it's terribly important to figure that out.

Once I know all that, I can attempt to create a list of a 5 star 4+ weapon templates for each weapon type for people to use in their own saves.

EDIT2: It appears creating a level 4 weapon with the legendary identifier doesn't make it a level 4+ weapon, so either the 4+ weapons have their own IDs which we would need to find or I'm misunderstanding something about the weapon structure itself.

Last edited by WTFsandwich,

rdavis0688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Following this pastebin provided by @Scarlet (https://pastebin.com/5ympDt6b) I was able to successfully add a few functioning weapons into my save. The information, aside from the offsets on where weapon blocks begin (I think it starts at 337FD now) seems to remain accurate. I cannot confirm every weapon ID, as I lack the time or patience to test each one, but so far each one I've tested has worked.

My only remaining questions I would need answered is regarding the weapon identifier portion of the structure; whether "legendary" implies a level X+ as opposed to "normal" just being level X or otherwise if not that then what it does specify, whether each weapon type has a 4+ or if some only go to 4, and if any weapons were added in this edition of the game from the 3DS version.

I'm also curious why the stucture only has 7 places for skill related kill counts if the weapons can possess up to 8 slots, but I can't forsee anyone willingly adding kill requirements to a hacked in weapon so I doubt it's terribly important to figure that out.

Once I know all that, I can attempt to create a list of a 5 star 4+ weapon templates for each weapon type for people to use in their own saves.

EDIT2: It appears creating a level 4 weapon with the legendary identifier doesn't make it a level 4+ weapon, so either the 4+ weapons have their own IDs which we would need to find or I'm misunderstanding something about the weapon structure itself.

Legendary is a modifier that boosts the weapon's attack to 560, no matter the "rank" of weapon (could be a level 1 hylian sword with Legendary). It's a skill like Heart Power or Str Attack I+. Perhaps that's where the confusion is? It's the purple skill that characters other than Link can get to try to boost their attack power as high as it can go (since the Master Sword goes up to 900, this would put them at 840 which is close). 4+ are their own separate type that have dual elements, so I suspect they'd have a different ID than 4.

Thanks to some work on the Hyrule Warriors discord by a particular user, we know there's 4+ weapons, 5*, 8 slot for all characters, all weapon types. Though I doubt I could convince them to hack their switch for us, so I'm working on acquiring all of the weapons. Slowly but surely getting 4+ for everyone. Done getting 4+ on Koholint, working on finishing up Grand Travels, and then finally Lorule.

Last edited by rdavis0688,

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legendary is a modifier that boosts the weapon's attack to 560, no matter the "rank" of weapon (could be a level 1 hylian sword with Legendary). It's a skill like Heart Power or Str Attack I+. Perhaps that's where the confusion is? 4+ are their own separate type that have dual elements, so I suspect they'd have a different ID than 4.

Thanks to some work on the Hyrule Warriors discord by a particular user, we know there's 4+ weapons, 5*, 8 slot for all characters, all weapon types.

Okay that's a start then. Just a matter of getting them unlocked to pull the IDs out of a save.

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I have all the weapons I'll back up my save and sell all but the 4+ weapons. That should narrow it down quite a bit.
Yeah if those are the only ones left it'll be easy to find, since they'll be the only non empty blocks that portion of the save. Good luck on that grind!

rdavis0688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if those are the only ones left it'll be easy to find, since they'll be the only non empty blocks that portion of the save. Good luck on that grind!
It's not so much of a grind as it is just moving to the appropriate grids on the maps. I've gotten quite a lot of 4+ already, well, only one dropped, but I've gotten them from the missions. I'm almost done Grand Travels, should have it and Lorule done approx. by tomorrow evening CST/US? I doubt I'll get them all tonight.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, will do!

@Scarlet

Actually I do have something to ask already, regarding the pastebin you had posted regarding the weapon format. Do you recall if there's any order to how weapons are stored in the save? Are they grouped by character and/or by weapon type or is it in order received in game?

Have a few ideas how to approach it depending on that.
Apologies for missing this earlier. There didn't seem to be any order from what I saw, you could insert a weapon in an empty slot and the game would recognise where it should go. I think anyway...

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not so much of a grind as it is just moving to the appropriate grids on the maps. I've gotten quite a lot of 4+ already, well, only one dropped, but I've gotten them from the missions. I'm almost done Grand Travels, should have it and Lorule done approx. by tomorrow evening CST/US? I doubt I'll get them all tonight.

All good, I won't have a lot of time to play around much til this weekend anyhow

Apologies for missing this earlier. There didn't seem to be any order from what I saw, you could insert a weapon in an empty slot and the game would recognise where it should go. I think anyway...

No worries. It seems like it's just stored in whatever order you get them in, taking up the first empty slot. I had weapons all over the place when digging through my own save.

BitBobble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyrule3DS.7z is a save I found either on the NTR Plugin thread or the SaveDatafiler thread on this forum. This is a completed, 100% save with maxed out/hacked weapons, characters, etc. It's an ultimate save.

I used the Switch save here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-hyrule-warriors-de-editor.506421/page-4#post-8045847

Saves are attached at the bottom!

On the 3DS: the range for weapons is 00x2F372 - 00x39461 based on information from here: https://pastebin.com/5ympDt6b
On the Switch: 00x337F4 - 00x3D8E3 (Based on comparison)
The length of both are A0F0.

I copied the portion of the 3DS save data that contained the maxed out weapons and pasted them into the Switch's save.

I overwrote two blank weapons slots:

Search for: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Overwrite with this:
6C 00 50 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Search for another: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Overwrite with this:
6D 00 50 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

These should be the defaults for Ganon and Cucco weapons (6C & 6D). When I tried copying the 3DS weapon data without these two, the game either crashed or loaded up Ganon w/ the wrong weapon set. The 3DS save doesn't have either of these characters so the weapon values must be added in manually.

Done? Right?

Here's an example of Link on 3DS vs. Switch (for Master Sword and Epona) side by side: (Sorry for the rough camera footage). Scrub through if you need to. Used YouTube's stabilization algorithm.

It crashes the gallery. You get to see some hilarious (horrifying?) characters with weapons they shouldn't have until it does.

One final thing.

I didn't have time to get footage for it. If you load up both saves on your system and compare, there are some 8-Bit weapons that are activated in slots. Since the 3DS version didn't have those, there's probably a set of weapon identifiers that weren't accounted for that ultimately lead to the gallery crashing? However, Linkle's weapons turned out fine and her weapon IDs are further down (and possibly past the 8-bit weapons?)

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Hyrule3DS.7z
    4.6 KB · Views: 155
  • HyruleSwitch.7z
    4.4 KB · Views: 334
Last edited by BitBobble,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since