Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that. Switch undocked, tried with and without the grip.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, if I leave the joycons in a plain surface, it takes less time for the menu to dim than leaving them in the starting position of the animation.
Okay, one more thing. From the switchbrew page:
  • The output from a certain function must return 0, 1, or 2. On one system this was tested with, this check would pass.
So, there IS some other condition. Could it be linking a FB account? Not sure, and I'm running out of ideas. But presumably that function on 1.0 is returning the right thing and on your system it's returning the wrong thing.

EDIT: err, but if you go online the time will sync...

Last edited by vgmoose,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
  • The output from a certain function must return 0, 1, or 2. On one system this was tested with, this check would pass.
So, there IS some other condition. Could it be linking a FB account? Not sure, and I'm running out of ideas. But presumably that function on 1.0 is returning the right thing and on your system it's returning the wrong thing.
If anyone with ver 2.0 could try removing the battery, and setting the date correctly, then it may be related to the switch version?

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We already know the correct states to trigger the game.
Your joycons must do the movement, as described in the wiki.
The date must be set to Iwata's death
Your Internal System clock must also be this date, either from not going online or spoofing the time-server.

Thats it.

Reactions: Shadowfied

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already know the correct states to trigger the game.
Your joycons must do the movement, as described in the wiki.
The date must be set to Iwata's death
Your Internal System clock must also be this date, either from not going online or spoofing the time-server.

Thats it.
You haven't read the updated switch Brew yet, have you? There's other unknown conditions as of right now that need to be satisfied

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't read the updated switch Brew yet, have you? There's other unknown conditions as of right now that need to be satisfied

But people on 1.0.0 systems which havent been updated or connected to the internet have got it to work fine following the instructions?

Ofc I read the damn wiki...

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
But people on 1.0.0 systems which havent been updated or connected to the internet have got it to work fine following the instructions?

Ofc I read the damn wiki...
People are following the instructions you posted above on consoles that have never been online (shipped with >1.0) or have had the time reset and aren't on 1.0, and they can't get it to work.

At the wiki: http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Flog#Official_Launch The bullet note I listed is separate from the joycon motion, and it would explain why it's working for people on 1.0 . Someone else in this thread also said they couldn't get it to launch again, which might have modified whatever function has to return 0, 1, or 2.

Reactions: rileysrjay

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using my Splatoon bundle switch, it wasn't ever online. Do I set the date 7/11/15 or just 7/11/17? Does it have to be 11/7/15 or 11/7/17? Otherwise, I'm just swinging these damn joycons for nothing. 2.3.0 firmware.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using my Splatoon bundle switch, it wasn't ever online. Do I set the date 7/11/15 or just 7/11/17? Does it have to be 11/7/15 or 11/7/17? Otherwise, I'm just swinging these damn joycons for nothing. 2.3.0 firmware.
Year doesn't matter afaik, only date of July 11.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The date is supposedly July 11th. Just realized the ambiguity that might occur on consoles that use a different time format (11/7 vs 7/11).

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I put it on both, so.. still trying. I put the joycons on the grip so that they are in the same motion at the same time.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like more and more info is coming out to where we aren't going to be able to do it. fake? hell, don't know at this point. I would literally have to find an unopened launch day switch, turn it on, set the date for the first time as 7/11/xx, and then do the motions.

Theunidentified1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems like more and more info is coming out to where we aren't going to be able to do it. fake? hell, don't know at this point. I would literally have to find an unopened launch day switch, turn it on, set the date for the first time as 7/11/xx, and then do the motions.
Ah well, that sucks - I'm still surprised that the community hasn't found it yet, but I guess that links back to you saying that there's a chance it could be fake.

Theunidentified1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For God's sake guys, it's not fake, it's just extremely difficult to get working. plutoo and yellows8 don't lie about this stuff.
We never said it was, just statistically speaking, there's a chance of anything happening at any given time - either that or I just have a very cynical outlook. Probably the second tbh - I do think that this is the real deal, but there's always a chance of it not.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any actual videos to show someone did this, and is playing it? I mean, c'mon. Something this big, and there's not a single video? Just a set of the same screen grabs?

llefty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any actual videos to show someone did this, and is playing it? I mean, c'mon. Something this big, and there's not a single video? Just a set of the same screen grabs?
Someone posted a video a couple of pages back.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone posted a video a couple of pages back.
I think most of the readers in this thread wanted to see how the motion gesture and the triggering are done on the v1.0.0 Switches. I'm personally indifferent, so don't mind me.

That video a few pages back only showed the end result, and left out the gestures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only people who turn green need to see a doctor.