hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii: PAL Wii 3.1E w/Wiikey 1.9g
Drive: Pioneer DVR-110D
Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL
App: Imgburn at both 2.4x / 4x

Previously installed the full update and have triple channels.

Burnt ISO off usenet at 2.4x and 4x seperately for testing purposes, both worked perfectly first try with no swapping. About 10 hours of gameplay on the 4x copy currently and not a single error screen or problem thus far.

did you use regionfrii or anything?

omses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got D2C to work or is it basically white screen for all.
I donno if I want to even bother and try, I can wait for the US release...

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
keep in mind this is on a d2ckey'd NTSC-U Wii

3 burns on a Pioneer DVD RW DVR-111D

Burn number 1: HP DVD+R DL media, untouched ISO, burned at 2.4x in Nero 7 Premium. would not spin, ejected disc and turned off Wii, put the disc in, and it managed to spin up and update my Wii (ran it 100%). after that it would not spin up again period.

Burn number 2: Memorex DVD+R DL Media, ISO patched with Wiigionfree, burned at 2.4x in Nero. inserted disc, spun right up and started working. got to the Now Loading screen, then whitescreened out.

Burn number 3: HP media again, untouched ISO, burned at 2.4x in Imgburn (set it to 1x but it still burned it at 2.4). same results as #2, spins up fine and recognizes disc, whitescreens after loading screen.

Burn number 4: my Wii. in a fire. with lots of gasoline.

sizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone actually got the game working with no slowdowns/music issues on the intro movie? If so, can you please post full details of what you used, including wii region, mod chip, burner, kind of media (made in singapore or in india if its verbatim), speed burned, software used, etc.

I've done 3 burns on verb singapores, one at 2.4x with imgburn, one at 2.4x with nero and one at 6x with imgburn, with a pioneer 212d. All of them give me slowdowns during the intro movie + occasional crashes on a pal wii with wiikey.

Oen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chip: WiiD
Memorex DVD+R DL 2.4x
Burned all copies at 2x or 2.4x

Alright I tried this 4 times. Same result all 4 times.

First I did the single layer update 100%. I have dual channels.

Now.. first I burned using k3b (which another user mentioned). My copied burned fine. When I go to play it freezes with a white screen at the intro video. If use the single layer to get past the intro video and swap with the DL I can play everything the single layer allowed (but no DL content).

I have also tried, ImgBurn with the regular iso, same result. Used RegionFrii and burned again with ImgBurn, same result. I used Nero lastly (since WiiD updates say to use Nero, and when I did the last update only the DVD I burned with Nero worked), same result. All freeze at intro video, or work after I do a swap (but still freeze when you get to a video).

So... I am really confused. Hear me out on this...
Why would the intro video (which is clearly on the single layer) work fine? But freeze on the dual layer, when it can read the rest of the information on the first layer just fine? That does not make sense to me, that is why I used RegionFrii thinking there was some kind of check on the video. Guess I was wrong.

If anyone else has a WiiD or knows any other WiiD topics feel free to PM me here.

I am honestly thinking of switching to YAOSM 2.0.
frown.gif

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Console : Pal, 3.1E
Modchip : WiiFree with YAOSM 2.0
Burnt with Nero at 2.4X
Media Disc : Verbatim DVD+R DL
Burner : Lite-On SATA
File : cvn-dsbx
Wii : Set to 60 Hz

I tried first with a 4X burnt DL and it gaves me the green error message right after what should have been the intro (just hearing sound suttering and a white screen).

Now runs really fine, except some videos lag when shows for the first time.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
For the people with successful results with the +R, please post the bitsetting of the disc (if you left it at default or set it to DVD-ROM). I'm REALLY having the feeling that this may be making it or breaking it for people. Thanks.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
For the people with successful results with the +R, please post the bitsetting of the disc (if you left it at default or set it to DVD-ROM). I'm REALLY having the feeling that this may be making it or breaking it for people. Thanks.

I let it to default, and Nero said me when burning it was set to "DVD-ROM".

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for the feedback

I'm specifically looking for someone with a Wiikey to report their bitsettings though, because that is the chip I own and the chip that is seeming to have errors with #001.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Console : NTSC U/C, 3.1U
Modchip : Wiikey 1.9g
Burnt with IMGburn at 2.4X
Media Disc : Verbatim DVD+R DL
Burner : MacBook 3,1 SuperDrive
Wii : 480i or 480p

I did the update with dual channels. No problems, no lag, battle load up fine. SSE and Classic work. I can watch all videos.

shadow1psc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the feedback

I'm specifically looking for someone with a Wiikey to report their bitsettings though, because that is the chip I own and the chip that is seeming to have errors with #001.

Whatever Nero does by default worked perfectly for my Wiikey.

Torup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried with the drive LG GSA-4167B???
I have a feeling that this one is very crappy with dual layers discs...

And now, even the original wont work with Wiikey. Smash seems a bit far dream to me.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France

Thanks for the feedback

Seems like you don't have to know the bitsetting, whatever key you got. Just burn it slowly (1x or 2.4x) with Imgburn with Layer Break on Automatic.

Oh, and be sure you got last firmwares. For both your Wiikey (1.9) and Wii (3.1).

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, note that, as "weird" as it may sound, 99% of all the problems some people are having with this game is that their burners/media combination don't produce DL disc that the wii likes.

It is VERY encouraged that you try at least two different brands of quality media on your burner. If it fails, try REALLY HARD to find another burner (from a friend or something) where you can make a copy of your DL disc, also in at least two different brands of media. I won't even go into trying different speeds, as only 2,4X (for old media/and-or/old burners) and 4X (for new media on new burners) are recommended. Given a choice between DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL, choose the later. They both work for some people, but most people with problems still not solved have only tried -R media.

After you tried all this, you may start to suspect something else wrong.

Please note that even the dumper of this game got it to play fine on you d2ckey, as has many other people (AFAIK), and it's 100% confirmed working on all wiikey 1.9g, even with people that first got #001 errors or couldn't boot MANY TIMES until the tried a media/combination that worked for them.

You can check their experiences on this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74432

Please note that, due to firmware design, all wiikey 1.9g wii's are running at 3X reading speed regardless of the configuration settings (it ignores them, unlike 1.9b firmware revision). At low reading speeds, the wii may have a bit easier time reading "bad" dvd9 burns. D2Ckey and other chips don't have this "limitation" and run at 6X reading speed. Better quality burns are necessary for those wii.

Please note that not all wii's are able to read discs as well. A marginal DL burn may work on one wii and may not work on others. Here are two articles describing how SOME wiis may have problems reading dual layer discs (while other don't).

IGN: Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

Nintendo blames this on "dirty lenses", but the truth is that the laser in some wii's is tuned from the factory a bit too low for reliable dual layer operation. Here is a link to an article about it from MONTHS AGO (this is not a "new" problem, it's just the first time a dual layer wii game's been released):

http://www.cyclopswiz.com/ (scroll down just a bit, to where it says "upgrade 3.5" and read the next 3 or 4 short paragraphs)

This is even worse on RECORDEABLE DL media, as it has MUCH lower reflectivity than pressed ORIGINAL media. To try to avoid problems also, Nintendo used for this game a top quality GOLD layer pressed disc, that has even higher reflectivity than the silver discs. The highest in the industry.

So please, again, before you bang your head agains a wall, try to get hold of a different burner and try once more with good media. There is no one recommendation of what "good media is". The only one recognized as truly good is a Verbatim DVD+R DL that has written in the label 2.4x-6x and that says made in singapore. Please note that if it says made in india is just as crappy as any other, so avoid. The Verbatim labeled 8X is a DIFFERENT media, but also known to be good in new burners, but not as good as the other. Again, given the choice, use +R instead of -R. Try brands like japanese Sony, TDK, Fuji or Taiyo Yuden, others like Kodak, and some people report good results with the taiwanese maker Ritek (ridata) on newer burners.

Also, as a general rule, burners older than about 2 years do a crappy job on dual layers, as do laptop burners older than about 1 year. There are exceptions, of course, specially on some Pioneers that did very good on DL. If you'd like to get a new burner, there are plenty for around $40 and virtually all modern ones do a decent job on DL recording. Some models by Pioneer (but not all their models) and some Samsungs (but not all) have very favourable reviews.

Also, sometimes, some burning software screws up with some burners/media combinations, although this is rare. Imgburn, clonecd and Nero, in their latest versions, are recognized to work just fine for Wii isos. But if you suspect your recording program, you may want to test at least two different ones. Nero and clonecd have free time-limited evaluation versions for download. Imgburn is free to begin with.

Please note that too-low of a recording speed can also be as bad as too-high of a recording speed. If your burner is old, it may not be able to properly handle fast formulated new media (because it wasn't even "invented" when the burner was made). Try to get media labeled at slow speeds (older media) to be used with old burners (older than about 1.5 years). These burners can not burn on hi speed anyway, and their recommended recording speed is 2.4x. If you have a new burner, say one that is 12X DL capable, it all depends on the media. On these burners, the recommended speed for old media is also 2.4X, but for new media it's 4X, NOT 2.4X. So:

Fast new media on a new fast burner=4X
Slow old media in a new fast burner=2.4x or 4x, you have to try.
Fast new media in an old slow burner=may not work right no matter what you do -- try updating your burner's firmware.
Slow old media in an old slow burner=2.4x

If all fails, you may need to clean up your wii's lense or tune your wii's laser a bit (check link above on how to do this) to see if you can read DL media without problems.

Also, please note that you must have your wii updated to the 3.1u version of the firmware (if you are in USA NTSC-U region) or to 3.1e (Europe PAL region) before trying out this game (japanese NTSC-J wii's don't have to worry about this). You can check this on the configuration menu of your wii. If you are not, you MUST connect your wii to the internet and accept the updates. If you can not connect your wii to the internet, you may obtain those updates if you have an european PAL wii by running the game Donkey Kong Jet Racer (PAL) or Wii Chess (PAL) without using brick-blocker, of course. Sorry but I don't know of games that carry the 3.1u update for the USA wii's. But always check on your wii menu to see if you are updated to 3.1 for sure.

Once you do this, remenber that the smash bross game will still not work unless you let it run the included updates (even if only til 15%). If you never run them because you always produce brick-blocked copies, then it will never work.

And that if your modchip doesn't have multiregion support enabled, then it will also not work unless you use regionfrii (most chips have it enabled by default, except wiikey, where it's enabled by running the configuration disc)

And remember that running the updates may mean that you'll end up with duplicate channels on non-japanese wii's unless you resort to the 15% "metroid" trick.

Or maybe your problem is different, in which case don't hesitate to ask giving as many specific details as possible to see if someone can figure it out.

paquete

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reporting here

Wii: Ntsc 3.1U
dms d2a chipset (launch wii)
wiikey 1.9g (the one that fix the mario galaxy problem)

Verbatim DL+R Burned 2 copies at 6x speed and 4x speed (to Test) Burned with IMG-BURN
Pioneer 112D Burner
The 2 copies i applied the brick blocker because i alredy do the trick of 15% update with the dvd5 vercion to avoid dual channels

Both copies works flawlessly

i played the story mode for a while watch the movies palyed vs mode pretty much everyting exept online

the only thing i noticed is that the 6x burned copie the intro movie stuttered like for 1 or 2 seconds sometimes
the 4x one havent seen no stutter nor any problem.

i think i found the best combination verbatim dl+r + pioneer 112d

the same combination i use to make xbox360 backups and i never have a problem with x360 backups

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: