Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Easy. Just be sure to not lose the screws; my clear Wii is held together with tape. The only hard problem is installing the DVD drive gate.

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Is there any wires/cables to deal with?
I`m having flashbacks when I replaced my first DS case with the stupid ribbon cable to the top screen.

And also.....do the cheap knock-off shells fit properly, I had a replacement PSP shell and it didn`t fit straight.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lukands said:
Is there any wires/cables to deal with?
I`m having flashbacks when I replaced my first DS case with the stupid ribbon cable to the top screen.

And also.....do the cheap knock-off shells fit properly, I had a replacement PSP shell and it didn`t fit straight.

not sure, you'll have to do some research and simply test it out, get one with good reviews.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
lukands said:
Thinking of replacing the original white shell/case with a China knock-off shell. Are these easy to replace?
In general terms, it should be easy to replace. Unscrew the screws, and you're done. In terms of quality, cheap knock-offs tend to have some design flaws with them (just quality), but they'll still fit in nicely. Unless you buy it from a really cheap Chinese company (like only $3 for the shell or something), you shouldn't have problems with it.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replacing the top half is easy. you have like 12-20 little screws to take out and keep track of ( they are several different types ). then the faceplate and top will pop off. replacing the bottom part of the case requires taking pretty much every little part off the motherboard, removing the dvd drive, fan, usb ports, metal shields ... . and it is about 20 -30 more screws to keep up with. only the outside of the case uses a triwing. all the inside screws are phillips. there are like 2 wires floating around the inside for the wireless antenna, and a little square nut for holding in the battery. everything else is straight forward.

the entire thing can be done in 5 minutes as long as you pay attention and are noting what goes where so you dont end up with spare parts.

EDIT>>>
most guides i see floating around stop only 1/2 way through. but you really dont need a guild to finish the job. but you can see from here if it looks like something you dont want to deal with. this is all the rest of the stuff you must unscrew from teh bottom of the case to replace it
disassembling_wii_09.jpg

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I´m acquiring a black new case right now, my wii has the white one.

I´ll be doing this by myself, so any recommendation will be nicely appreciated.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
As long as you follow the guides (read through prior to makes sure it makes sense to you). Oh, and an n ice cube tray to put the screws in from each step and patience. It doesn't take 5-10 minutes on your first attempt but the end result is well worth it. Ive had white, red, black, colour changing LED case and Ive eventually settled on a camouflage one with green DVD gate LED with matching camo wiimote.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NECRO BUMP

Compared to a DS Shell replacement, how difficult is this?
Im really tired of my White Wii. I want maybe a black/ Chrome combo or maybe black and white or something.

giantpune said:
the entire thing can be done in 5 minutes as long as you pay attention and are noting what goes where so you dont end up with spare parts.
That made me lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1