Replacing boards in slot-2's...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by R2DJ, May 27, 2008.

?

Black or white?

1. Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 27, 2008

Replacing boards in slot-2's... by R2DJ at 3:24 PM (1,321 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm planning to buy the EZ Flash 3-in-1 to play GBA games on my TTDS. Since those carts only come in black and white, I was wondering if I can open it up and place it on the filler cart of my silver DS Lite. Has anyone done this? If so, does it fit?

If not, then can you tell me which colour looks better with silver? Black or white?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Some people have done it but it is not something that you just unscrew and swap out and I can only find a couple of text guides right now (I remember seeing pictures): http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=53759

Might I suggest some paint instead as the silver of the DS lite is fairly easy to get ahold of (or a close match) in can form.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Spray paint works pretty well. Sand it lightly with some very fine sandpaper or the paint won't stick. Then tape up the areas you don't want painted (particularly tape up the contacts) and use some good-quality spray paint. Spray lightly with many coats to avoid streaks as directed by the instructions on the can.

-Bri

4. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    swaping out the board its not easy. I wouldnt try it again. I got 2 of these a few days ago (in lite size cart) , and tried to put it in a gba size cart. So i dremel everything n hot glue everything, poped it in and find it not working. Put it in original cart, and it was working, so i messed with it more and end my breaking some pins. I would guess putting it in a lite filler case would be harder since those are so small, and will require dremeling, there are chips on both side of the cart, and the original casing are thin. If u do decide to do this then good luck.

As with color i would have no idea