Replacing Bluetooth Kit Can fix full brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by haunted6108, Nov 1, 2008.

1. haunted6108
    OP

haunted6108 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Perth, Australia
    I Read Here http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/bluetooth.htm and a few other websites that 95% of the full brick Wii console can be fixed by replacing the bluetooth kit. Is this true? and can someone give a detailed description of that the bluetooth kit does.

2. Loginer

Loginer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2006
    Obvious fraud, I don't see how the firmware and the Bluetooth transceiver are related to each other in any way.
    Edit: Disregard that, I fail. D:

3. Diffusion

Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    It fixes D branch bricks. When you turn the Wii on and all you get is a black screen.

[​IMG]

4. haunted6108
    OP

haunted6108 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Perth, Australia
    If you read my other topic would i be Branch D or C?

5. Diffusion

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    If you bricked it with software, don't think it could be a bluetooth problem. [​IMG]

Use this to figure out what type of brick you have:
    http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html

It'll probably be C.

6. haunted6108
    OP

haunted6108 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah I'd say its C to but not sure if a savemii would work in my case, don't want to buy one if I'm not 100% sure it will fix my problem.

7. Diffusion

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    You could send it into Ozmodchips for $10, to see if they can unbrick it. [​IMG]

8. haunted6108
    OP

haunted6108 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah I've sent it into a local mod shop and they said they've never dealt with anything like that before so I'm not confident they'll be able to do anything but they said they'll have a go, but thanks for the help. And if worst comes to worst I'll have to send it to Nintendo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice