Hardware Replacement motherboard or alt. Method

Faith_silver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thanks for checking this out. So my problem is I tried to hard mod my n3dsxl but I gave up since it was beyond me. I piece it back together but notice the cover meant to hold the cable strip connect to the circle pad came off. Circle pad doesn't work neither does the home button. Is there a way to fix this or does anyone know of anyone selling n3dsxl mobos? Pics soon too follow when I get home from work

Pockie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar issue with an old 3ds xl. The little clip that goes down to secure the ribbon cable fell off. I placed masking tape on it on it for now and it does seem to work. maybe slide in the ribbon cable and put a piece of electrical tape over it? I mean as long as the contacts touch I think you are good. I am not sure about the home button though...

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I have a similar issue with an old 3ds xl. The little clip that goes down to secure the ribbon cable fell off. I placed masking tape on it on it for now and it does seem to work. maybe slide in the ribbon cable and put a piece of electrical tape over it? I mean as long as the contacts touch I think you are good. I am not sure about the home button though...
This guy knows what's up @Faith_silver I had to do a mass 3ds repair and this happened a lot (like 8/10 of the motherboards) and electrical tape worked everytime...

Faith_silver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it shot asap. Thanks for the reply

Reactions: iAqua and Pockie

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can use a gluegun as well, but it's a very risky method to keep it down. I recommend the electrical tape as well.

charlieSIGMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can search Ali Express for the parts, and they're pretty cheap. I've seen them going for 7 USD.

Just search for "analog 3ds xl 2015" and you'll find the right part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat